Just got approved with a TXT but car isnt showing up

yorgosGK

I just got approved a few hours ago and I was downtown right in the city and nothing was happening. I was getting no action then I realized I should go check the actual rider app to see if my car is being displayed and it wasn't. I have tried everything - restarted my phone 10 times, clear cash, cleared data, restarted, redownload it reinstalled resigned in logged on and off a hundred times but my car does not show up on the rider app it just got approved about 6 hours ago. is this common? I just wasted literally $40 of gas :frown:

momo14

Your car has to be at least 2010 to drive in Toronto. However you can drive outside Toronto, such as Mississauga, Brampton, Ajax, Richmond, hamilton etc

yorgosGK

....i just literally spent 500$ to get my car saftied and all and it got approved with insurance and all......and now its too old? Why would they approve me?

momo14

I think, you did not research or read the new rules before spending money on your old car. Now only way you can drive in Toronto, get a minimum 2010 model car. Or drive outside Toronto.

Also you can do Uber eats ( Food delivery ), which you can use your 2007 car in Toronto.

yorgosGK

I did a lot......i kept seeing 2006 and up....i have a bewtiful 2007 chevy tahoe loaded....i would of never imaged ot was too old loll. Thank i so much for ur info brother!

So, what do u think? R the outer cities of Toronto even worth it u think? Can one make some coin in Sauga / Brampton?

Slavic Riga

....i just literally spent 500$ to get my car saftied and all and it got approved with insurance and all......and now its too old? Why would they approve me?
Cause they need drivers for UberEats & out of Toronto City Limits.
So, what do u think? R the outer cities of Toronto even worth it u think? Can one make some coin in Sauga / Brampton?
Your earnings depends on where you live or you will accumulate a lot of dead miles & time.
Don't get caught in Mississauga for by-law offence & in Brampton your car will stink, rating & car trashed. Will need industrial grade undiluted air freshener.

Myxx

I did a lot......i kept seeing 2006 and up....i have a bewtiful 2007 chevy tahoe loaded....i would of never imaged ot was too old loll. Thank i so much for ur info brother!
Maybe you should have done some due diligence into Uber before you signed up??? Good luck making money in the Burbs driving Yukon.

Bruce55

I'm doing $14-$17/hr tops driving outside TO, that's a serious paycut for me before new regs, you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to you...I love driving and having good conversation, it pays a few bills and the hookers are better now too.... If there wasn't uber I wouldn't be working a p/t job.

yorgosGK

Yeah thats certainly not worth it lolll

I wonder of uberEats in Toronto would be better than UberX in sauga.