• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Just gave a ride to 3 Bucs players

AnonymousUberer

Picked up 3 players from the Bucs at the mall tonight. Drove them to a restaurant literally right across the street. Had they walked out the other side of the mall it would have been roughly a 1/4 mile walk for them. $4 fare. No tip.

I don't expect an extra large tip just because they're pro athletes, but 3 local athletes sharing a $4 ride and not even tipping a standard amount for a trip they should have walked in the first place is a little pathetic.

cybertec69

I would have told them, really fellas, look at this cheap fare, and thanks for no tip, now go choke on your steaks.

papacoop

So disappointing to hear stories like this. And me being a Bucs fan. I think someone should notify someone in the media. It would serve them right.

LEAFdriver

You want to hear something really pathetic?

I was logged on for 9 hours yesterday. Took 9 trips. Netted $72 before expenses. Put 142 miles on my car.
(Approx $9 of gas for a Prius)

Out of the 9 rides.......only got 'offered' ONE tip.

Guess what the situation of that one rider was?

Wait for it.....

Wait for it.....

She was homeless! :eek:

Yes...a HOMELESS person offered me a tip. At least I'm assuming that was her situation since someone ELSE summoned the Uber for her and the drop off location was a church.
(Most likely going there for the free shelter aka 'PADS')

Sad. :frown: The 3 carLOADS of US Navy personnel never so much as hinted towards tipping me.....and the other 5 gainfully employed riders...that I picked up from their places of WORK....nada, zilch, zero....

but the HOMELESS person....OFFERS ME A TIP. :oopsies:

Last edited:

UberXTampa

I would have attempted being sarcastically insulting by suggesting to split the fare 3 ways to make this ride cheaper.

UberXTampa

I had 60 trips last week with uber and Lyft.

More than 70% of Lyft pax tipped.

Less than 10% of UberX pax tipped.

Uber pax that tipped:

1. A young man I picked from an apartment complex that I dropped to his restaurant job where he worked as manager and was having to experience the toxic culture the new owners brought into workplace. We talked about how he should try to tough it out, try to remain positive, try to make it work and maybe understand what the employer really was going through and helping with the situation of a struggling business. I told him often there is opportunity there if he manages to stay above all troubles. He was a young man with a good heart. He tipped me $3.00. I never down rate such working class people even if they never tip me. They struggle just like me.

2. Other tipper was a young couple staying a night in Tampa before they go to their cruise the next morning. $2.00 from them. They didn't seem wealthy at all. They were at a very chap hotel in bad part of the city.

3. This was a woman living in an apartment complex and tipped me $10.00 for a $35.00 fare. She definitely was not rich and possibly hardly making it as she was a working class divorced woman.

4. A black couple I picked up from the airport and dropped them to their home. I got $2.00!from them.

And that is it for almost 60 UberX rides! Rich people don't tip. They usually don't care. They don't understand. They live a different reality.

Trickle down doesn't work!

Last edited:

UberPasco

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up 3 young guys from Roy's for a trip to the Westin HI. I ask where they're from: "Those two are from Western Canada and I'm from Wisconsin". Idiotically, I asked if they were big hockey fans. They had a good laugh. Dropped them off, they said "Thanks for the ride!" and I said "Have a great weekend!" and off they went. No tip.
After I got home, with the help of my wife, I put two and two together. The Lightning (NOT Lightening, Uber) were playing the next night against Buffalo. It turns out my Pax Jake was Jake McCabe and his two companions were Tyler Ennis and Chad Johnson. They make $4.6 Million a year between them. That's approximately 682,482 times what my cut of the fare was. Of course that is before taxes, so it's not as bad as it looks.

Bob Reynolds

The pro athlete's (football, soccer, hockey) that I have given rides to have all tipped me. They usually want to stay in the car a bit longer and get dropped right at the door rather than have to make their way through a crowd. However none of the tips have been super huge. These players usually travel with 3-5 friends and I've never had any issues at all with any of them.

rld0220

I drove a guy who claimed to be the DJ for Keyshia Cole Monday morning (He probably was because I picked him up at Embassy Suites at USF and they played at the Sun Dome the night before) and he was really cool the whole drive to TIA.. He gave me a handshake for a tip though.. LOL.

Those who make the most don't tip.. then again.. I have driven a ton of bartenders and waiters around lately and haven't gotten tips from them either.

PowerTrip

I drove a guy who claimed to be the DJ for Keyshia Cole Monday morning (He probably was because I picked him up at Embassy Suites at USF and they played at the Sun Dome the night before) and he was really cool the whole drive to TIA.. He gave me a handshake for a tip though.. LOL.

Those who make the most don't tip.. then again.. I have driven a ton of bartenders and waiters around lately and haven't gotten tips from them either.
Ha! I picked them back up from the Airport six hours later and took them back to the Embassy because they missed there flight! KARMA is a bit**

Bob Reynolds

Ha! I picked them back up from the Airport six hours later and took them back to the Embassy because they missed there flight! KARMA is a bit**
Did you tell your rider they were talked about on the Uber driver's board?

Did you tell them the driver said they didn't tip?

That would have been perfect.

rld0220

That's pretty funny. I didn't wish anything bad on him or anything. I'm guessing 6 hours later he must have missed it because of being at the bar or something. Pretty sure I had him there at least a couple hours before his flight.

PingPatriot

In my experience from being in the service industry for 30. years is exactly as was posted...the wealthy are cheap and blue collar and service people are the ones that seem to tip and tip more than they can afford. Most of the wealthy seem to never have been in a job where you have to work hard to make a meager living so they don't understand. Not trying to excuse them though...they should know better

Bubba Uber

Picked up 3 players from the Bucs at the mall tonight. Drove them to a restaurant literally right across the street. Had they walked out the other side of the mall it would have been roughly a 1/4 mile walk for them. $4 fare. No tip.

I don't expect an extra large tip just because they're pro athletes, but 3 local athletes sharing a $4 ride and not even tipping a standard amount for a trip they should have walked in the first place is a little pathetic.
Really, you didn't know black people don't tip. Just kidding, no really. If it ain't on the app, they ain't tipping. I never expect a tip from football players. And I've never been disappointed. I'd be shocked if anyone here every gotta tip from a football player that wasn't trying to impress his date or was too drunk to realize that he was a football player. Just remember most of these guys go bankrupt within five years of leaving football.

xsicrx

Yesterday, I had the pleasure to pick up one of the Rockies this season, and at the end of the trip I got not tip. But I got to tell you all, just because they are football players that don't mean anything first of and second please tell me what is Uber tipping policy? Last I check it is not required and also you never know if this guys had any cash with them. Maybe if uber allows their pax to tip from the app things would be different.

Bob Reynolds

Yesterday, I had the pleasure to pick up one of the Rockies this season, and at the end of the trip I got not tip. But I got to tell you all, just because they are football players that don't mean anything first of and second please tell me what is Uber tipping policy? Last I check it is not required and also you never know if this guys had any cash with them. Maybe if uber allows their pax to tip from the app things would be different.
Do those rookies normally tip their cab drivers?

If they do tip their cab drivers then they should have no problem tipping their Uber drivers since Uber is so much less expensive to begin with.

FlDriver

In my experience from being in the service industry for 30. years is exactly as was posted...the wealthy are cheap and blue collar and service people are the ones that seem to tip and tip more than they can afford. Most of the wealthy seem to never have been in a job where you have to work hard to make a meager living so they don't understand.
Sounds like you don't know anyone who's wealthy, since most of them have worked low-paid jobs in the past. Most of them were not born rich- they built businesses or got into high-paying careers.

It's more accurate to say that people who work for tips or have worked for tips in previous jobs are more likely to tip. Waitresses and bartenders almost always tip me with Uber.