just curious. Do some pax have better update priviliges?

VaVaUber

I've been seeing this more often and for several months.
On one of my recent own personal studies, I've notice rate, distance, ride type is not a substantial criteria to why they're so different.
I've asked to every rider to show me their app with a reasonable excuse, just to see if there's any differences on their end, but its hard just to grab someones phone and start messing with it.
Maybe is on my end, but why?
Do some riders have better update privileges than others?, why does it vary by location, just like the fare does?. Just curious.
Screenshot_2017-09-30-15-23-15-1.png

Last edited:

Strange Fruit

I don't understand either, but the truth is a reasonable excuse. "I'm curious about how the different users' apps are different. May I see yrs?" What excuses have u been using?

Strange Fruit

He says "it's hard to grab someone's phone and start messing with it" as if that's what he feels like doing and simply realizes that it is difficult to do, or hard or whatever. Not "I can't just grab their phone and check" but "it's hard" to do so. :rolleyes: Now I'm really curious about what these reasonable excuses were if they were other than the simple truth.

Uberdancer

Disinformation is intentionally false or misleading information that is spread in a calculated way to deceive target audiences. The English word, which did not appear in dictionaries until the late-1980s, is a translation of the Russian дезинформация, transliterated as dezinformatsiya. Disinformation is different from misinformation, which is information that is unintentionally false. Misinformation can be used to define disinformation — where disinformation is misinformation that is purposefully and intentionally disseminated in order to deceive.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

Disinformation is false information spread deliberately to deceive. The English word disinformation is a translation of the Russian dezinformatsiya, derived from the title of a KGB black propaganda department. The book Disinformation documents that Joseph Stalin coined the term, giving it a French-sounding name to falsely claim it had a Western origin.

Russian use began with a "special disinformation office" in 1923. Disinformation was defined in Great Soviet Encyclopedia (1952) as "false information with the intention to deceive public opinion". Operation INFEKTION was a Soviet disinformation campaign to influence opinion that the U.S. invented AIDS. The U.S. did not actively counter disinformation until 1980, when a fake document reported that the U.S. supported apartheid.

The word disinformation did not appear in English dictionaries until the late-1980s. English use increased in 1986, after revelations that the Reagan Administration engaged in disinformation against Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi. By 1990 it was pervasive in U.S. politics; and by 2001 referred generally to lying and propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinformation

emmhope

The image says it.
Showing two different interfaces on 6/10.
The rest is just a theory and fugures.

Oh lol wow thanks for breaking it down :smiles: but damn OP why over analyze things that don’t matter ? open inappropriate site or something !!!!!

Seriously though one app is updated and the other one is an older version. You can text within the Uber app while you can’t on their other older version

VaVaUber

He says "it's hard to grab someone's phone and start messing with it" as if that's what he feels like doing and simply realizes that it is difficult to do, or hard or whatever. Not "I can't just grab their phone and check" but "it's hard" to do so. :rolleyes: Now I'm really curious about what these reasonable excuses were if they were other than the simple truth.
Now your twisting the thread.
The question lays on the image.

SRGuy

I've been seeing this more often and for several months.
On one of my recent own personal studies, I've notice rate, distance, ride type is not a substantial criteria to why they're so different.
I've asked to every rider to show me their app with a reasonable excuse, just to see if there's any differences on their end, but its hard just to grab someones phone and start messing with it.
Maybe is on my end, but why?
Do some riders have better update privileges than others?, why does it vary by location, just like the fare does?. Just curious. View attachment 163288
Setting aside the fluff in this battle royale, I frequently get a different interface when it's time to call the pax. Safety first blah blah blah pops on the screen. Dude, all I want to do is call the frickin pax. No need to act like you're OCCASIONALLY concerned with safety. This crap ain't helping the lawyers or your pr wonks.

Now if it was consistently displayed, that's an entirely different conversation.

Uh, right. I forgot. Technology company. Hard to implement all of these changes. The "Committee to Replace Travis" wanted to focus time and $ on improving the driver experience - like making DF count towards quest, increasing the capture range of the DF, increasing the maximum distance for a DF and finally adding 6 DF's. In addition to some other window dressing, along with continuing to reduce the likelihood of paying out bonuses by maniacally raising the ride count and slashing the bonus $.

The D comes on board and realizes the ship is really sinking. "We're losing how much on Exchange leasing? What has been the incremental impact on bonus payout after including DF in quest? What's been the impact of increased number of long rides on cancellation rate on short rides? What's the overall impact of all the changes made to the DF? We're losing how much on uberpool, our flagship to the future? How long will it take for the self-driving cars to begin aerial flight".

You get the picture - there's way too problems for the existing software team to address.

But we can always hope since Day 180 still hasn't arrived. There are still many possible changes ahead. Uh, right. The DF is now worse than before 180 began.

Last edited:

VaVaUber

Setting aside the fluff in this battle royale, I frequently get a different interface when it's time to call the pax. Safety first blah blah blah pops on the screen. Dude, all I want to do is call the frickin pax. No need to act like you're OCCASIONALLY concerned with safety. This crap ain't helping the lawyers or your pr wonks.

Now if it was consistently displayed, that's an entirely different conversation.

Uh, right. I forgot. Technology company. Hard to implement all of these changes. The "Committee to Replace Travis" wanted to focus time and $ on improving the driver experience - like making DF count towards quest, increasing the capture range of the DF, increasing the maximum distance for a DF and finally adding 6 DF's. In addition to some other window dressing, along with continuing to reduce the likelihood of paying out bonuses by maniacally raising the ride count and slashing the bonus $.

The D comes on board and realizes the ship is really sinking. "We're losing how much on Exchange leasing? What has been the incremental impact on bonus payout after including DF in quest? What's been the impact of increased number of long rides on cancellation rate on short rides? What's the overall impact of all the changes made to the DF? We're losing how much on uberpool, our flagship to the future? How long will it take for the self-driving cars to begin aerial flight".

You get the picture - there's way too problems for the existing software team to address.

But we can always hope since Day 180 still hasn't arrived. There are still many possible changes ahead. Uh, right. The DF is now worse than before 180 began.
Finally, someone with a rational understanding of what the OP is trying to implement.