• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Just Curious About Tulsa Airport

Nick3946

Every day it seems like there's dozens of cars waiting in the Que. I've waited at the airport myself, but usually give up, or don't stay, if there's no major flights coming in. Has it really gotten that busy that over 20 cars can be in the Que? Or do you just give up after and hour or two and head elsewhere. Also if you consider that the average fare from TUL to downtown will net you about $7, it doesn't seem worth it. I just don't get it. You guys realize that you make about 60-cents a mile and you don't get paid to go up there.

Jonathan_matos5

I haven't found the wait to be that long. If I drop someone at the airport I usually wait around for a rider to leave the airport. I check the cueue if I'm in the area too.

NoDay

There are some drivers at the airport who swear by it and find the queue is the way to go! I am not one of those drivers. If I'm nearby I might swing by for a bit in hopes they want an XL quickly. I've gone to do pick ups at the airport about 10 times, really about 3 of those paid well (tip included) to make it worth wild.

BigO in Tulsa

During the month of June 2018 - out of my 270 trips, 45 of them were transporting customers to the airport. I only stayed around long enough to pick up 13 customers who were leaving the airport. Like Nick3946, if the queue is long, I don't wait. If there are three or less Uber drivers in the queue and we have several inbound flights arriving soon, I will hang around. Tulsa International Airport has a wonderful website, that lets you know what is arriving, when it is arriving, and if it is delayed. It helps you make a decision as to whether you will stay in the cell phone lot and wait for passengers.

BigO in Tulsa