Just Backed into a car.

MissEeee

Holy moly! I'm in deep. They saw the Lyft sticker of course. Other wise I would have just not mentioned it cause I do r think my rental is hurt. ( it has no rear camera and a huge blind spot cause I looked behind me!
But it scratched her back bumper. Dang it. I already have high insurance.
Oh well.
I have a job interview tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Just Another Uber Drive

Holy moly! I'm in deep. They saw the Lyft sticker of course. Other wise I would have just not mentioned it cause I do r think my rental is hurt. ( it has no rear camera and a huge blind spot cause I looked behind me!
Oh well.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Good luck with your interview.

MissEeee

When I was 19 I was drinking and taking xxanax and woke up amd smashed into a parked car...... and backed up and smashed into another..... needless to say I mashed the gas and GTFO ...... I was half way home and red and blue cherries are growing ever bigger im my rear view mirror..... I got in trouble but not really.....I got in trouble for something more serious after and they kind of let the hit and run go....
I guess it is all in perspective?

MissEeee

Yep, I thought of the fact that the other driver took a pic of the back of the car which includes license plate.
If she mentions that to my regular insurance then I will be dropped.
What a mess, eh?

Yellowmamba24

Oh well.

Everything happens for a reason.
I am sorry to hear that u had an accident but I am also glad that u or ur rental car isn't hurt and damaged. Best of luck on your interview tomorrow! If LYFT drops u, UBERRRR...it's better anyways :smiles:

UberLaLa

Call AIS and get new insurance pronto. Mercury has Rideshare insurance add-on for an extra $8 a month. Then cancel your current insurance before they cancel you. You do not want an Insurance Carrier Cancel, that happens you can't get new insurance without going SR22 filing....$$$$

Johnny Walker

Sorry to hear. Any damages to your rental? You can easily fix the minor scratches and make sure you take care of it before the 28 days return/inspection.
I destroyed the rear bumper once on my rental Malibu (miss that car btw).
Backed up in a pole, it popped out hangin'. Pushed it back in, wasted a cheap tooth paste on it and polished the hell out of it with a rag (you can use sponge as well). They didn't even noticed...thank to the zip ties
Share some pictures if you want so we can analyze the damage if there is any

Call AIS and get new insurance pronto. Mercury has Rideshare insurance add-on for an extra $8 a month. Then cancel your current insurance before they cancel you. You do not want an Insurance Carrier Cancel, that happens you can't get new insurance without going SR22 filing....$$$$

You're the man! I signed up with them after you recommendation on my new Prius and switched the other 2 cars after. Saved a lot and they hooked me up with Mercury.
Live long buddy

MissEeee

Sorry to hear. Any damages to your rental? You can easily fix the minor scratches and make sure you take care of it before the 28 days return/inspection.
I destroyed the rear bumper once on my rental Malibu (miss that car btw).
Backed up in a pole, it popped out hangin'. Pushed it back in, wasted a cheap tooth paste on it and polished the hell out of it with a rag (you can use sponge as well). They didn't even noticed...thank to the zip ties
Share some pictures if you want so we can analyze the damage if there is any
The red one is my rental. Both bumpers were just scratched.

I'm trying to pull money from my pension to change insurance - but no one is in the office till the am tomorrow. Would t get it for several days. Crossing my fingers.

Attachments

• IMG_1461.JPG
    IMG_1461.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1468.JPG
    IMG_1468.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 53

Johnny Walker

The red one is my rental. Both bumpers were just scratched.

I'm trying to pull money from my pension to change insurance - but no one is in the office till the am tomorrow. Would t get it for several days. Crossing my fingers.

That's nothing. Yours seems perfectly fine. That doesn't look like a scratch to me, it's a paint mark. You can't be 100% sure with just pictures but I think they both will come off perfectly with polishing.
Even rubbing alcohol! may remove the paint (not the scratch) on your bumper.
You can at least try.

OMG GO!

Ive rented a lot of cars in the past. That damage looks so minor its almost nothing. Clean it up, turn it in and dont say jack. The damage on the other car is so minimal. Person may never even file. Cross your fingers!

Breezze

Those scratch are minor .. turn the car in when it is full of dirt during evening hour ... bet they won't see a shit

Alt-right Leader

Oh well.
Getc ready to be DEACTIVATED!! Hertz will catch the damage and they will take the $250 deposit, place you in do not rent status. It's better to be straight up and do as you agreeded to when you rented the car. YOUR OWN INSURANCE WILL ASK YOU IF YOU WERE DOING RIDESHARE AND WILL WANT A COPY OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT!!!!

Snowblind

MissEeee , sorry to hear about that. It tells me that you might be a little too tired for driving?
Too many hours and you will let your guard down a second...that's when it happens.

I see you're in Long Beach; I have some tools to maybe...just maybe buff those scratches out.
If you can feel them with your Finger nails, and see the primer inside the scratch, then buffing won't do.
But if they are somewhat smooth, perhaps some paint from the other Car, then I can remove.

I had a Guy/Gal scratch my Bumper right in front of the Village Café over on Viking Way, and I was able to remove 90% of the scratches.
PM me if interested. We might be able to do it after your Interview.

Edit:
Now that I've seen the pictures, I am 99% sure I can buff out that red bumper.
Dunno about the other one, the Pic is too dark.
Just trying to help out.

20yearsdriving

Oh well.

Noooooo!!!!!!