Just an Observation about Rider Cancellations

Driving and Driven

I haven't experienced very many rider cancellations but, when I do, it seems to always be just as I arrive at the pickup point and, inadvertently, I'm sure, there always seems to be a taxi parked in the apartment complex.

It's like some of them spend their time off just messing with us.

Just a thought.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I hallucinating?

the rebel

I really doubt many taxi drivers are sitting around ordering and canceling Ubers on their time off, most cab drivers I know work 6 days a week and 10-12 hour days, on their time off they are worried about trying to live their lives.

FARIS

I really doubt many taxi drivers are sitting around ordering and canceling Ubers on their time off, most cab drivers I know work 6 days a week and 10-12 hour days, on their time off they are worried about trying to live their lives.
I bet the have time to break and they mess with us

Driving and Driven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a taxi driver or two swerve across traffic lanes to make like they were going to hit my car when they see that I am an Uber driver. I wouldn't put it past them.

Not all, but some.

the rebel

I have a taxi driver or two swerve across traffic lanes to make like they were going to hit my car when they see that I am an Uber driver. I wouldn't put it past them.

Not all, but some.
Doing that does not really require much time or energy, sitting down and ordering a car and then waiting for them to get close takes a few minutes and is not something I see the average cab driver wasting time on.

Driving and Driven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Doing that does not really require much time or energy, sitting down and ordering a car and then waiting for them to get close takes a few minutes and is not something I see the average cab driver wasting time on.
As I said...not all, but some.

And SOMEONE is doing it. Not often, but it happens.

Buddywannaride

I haven't experienced very many rider cancellations but, when I do, it seems to always be just as I arrive at the pickup point and, inadvertently, I'm sure, there always seems to be a taxi parked in the apartment complex.

It's like some of them spend their time off just messing with us.

Just a thought.

Has anyone else noticed this or am I hallucinating?
No chance. There's a $5 cancellation fee after 5 minutes. Of course, Uber gets $1.25 of it for their trouble.

Campark

Lol... i see them working those 12 hour days... usually groups of 20 taxis and drivers all huddled in 1 spot... wondering why people r upset it takes them so long to pickup??? Complete mystery... these guys deserve a raise... for working so hard!!! lol...

Gung-Ho

Another yawn for the uber driver who thinks he's discovered the secret to the universe.

For decades idiot customers have called multiple cabs to a location because they are impatient jerks thereby wasting the time of one of the cabbies with a " no go ".

Another trick that was pulled for years is when a disgruntled boyfriend/girlfriend or neighbor or whomever orders multiple cabs, pizza deliveries, tow trucks to a house somehow thinking this is "getting" the person who lives at the house. All it does is waste the time of the working people.

Keep driving uberites and some day you too will experience all the B.S. Cabs have for years.

the rebel

Lol... i see them working those 12 hour days... usually groups of 20 taxis and drivers all huddled in 1 spot... wondering why people r upset it takes them so long to pickup??? Complete mystery... these guys deserve a raise... for working so hard!!! lol...
Sorry but your post just shows your ignorance at how cab companies work, those drivers are waiting at busy areas because they are not getting calls sitting in their car and realize that driving to every zone on the map in the hope you get a run is a waste of gas, so they wait for the one thing we cannot get and that is a flag fare. The cab drivers actually shell out their money to the cab companies they are true contractors, they know they have to maximize profit and minimize costs to make enough money to pay their bills so they run their business that way. Uber and Lyft drivers do not work that way, they depend on getting runs through the company, that means you are tied to your phone and stay in areas that you hope to avoid other drivers and hope to get a run. I know many cab drivers that net out around $5,000 per month (something UberX drivers would brag about if they could even gross that amount) but they do it as efficiently as possible. Uber does not care about your efficiency and like the idea that people are out there chasing surges all over town.

Reversoul

Don't be so sure.

Cab drivers despise us and many have been vindictive and aggressive. They like to tattle tale on us to law enforcement at airports too
I saw one video of a cabbie slashing an uber driver's tires.

They can be very diabolical and petty.

But to the original poster, I've heard a lot of stories of cab drivers ordering an uber and cancelling. It's happened to me before. When I pulled up, it was a cab driver flicking me off.

I don't think he realized he was about to get charged a fee lol

I blew him a kiss and said "thanks for the free money, adult female dog"

Though I didn't say adult female dog.