• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

July 4th

USMCX

Hope you all had a good night on the Island. The Hamptons seems to be on fire tonight, anybody having cell phone issues out there? I heard it's been difficult getting trips there tonight because of signal problems..

Ben321

I was out in Hamptons with my private car and it sucked to be honest. I have verizon and it was a nightmare to get calls, I hear tmobile and att its terrible. Most of the calls wouldn't process (the thing just takes forever to load and says something went wrong). I was sitting right in the middle of a high surge and at a spot with service and didn't get anything finally got a 1.2x after 10 minutes of waiting when the whole Li is surging like crazy and i'm here staring at my phone.

I think Uber is intentionally luring drivers to make the trip all the way out there. TLC beats hamptons by far, even working in Patchouge if you're a LI driver. I think you can make more working in Long Island than Hamptons, there is soo many dead miles and waiting until you get your next ride. Also only young city kids that treat your car like garbage kids order uberX so expect no tips at all.

Can't wait to pickup my TLC rental car on Monday. Won't be back in Hamptons to drive, not the same as it was in 2017. Too many drivers, fake surges, dead miles and pure slavery driving for peanuts.

first I thought about going to Hamptons but then decided to stay because the island was going to be busy anyway and other than a fake surge in Bay Shore it was pretty busy from 9pm till 2am kept getting premium rides (I don't do UberX)

USMCX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Be prepared to stay overnight. Be careful sleeping in your car in montauk though. There are only a few places where you won't get a ticket.

Be prepared to stay overnight. Be careful sleeping in your car in montauk though. There are only a few places where you won't get a ticket.
A friend got one at the public parking spot. He has to go back in a couple weeks for an appearance lol. He didn't say how much the ticket was for though.

highsky

A friend got one at the public parking spot. He has to go back in a couple weeks for an appearance lol. He didn't say how much the ticket was for though.
Which public parking? is there a sign that says there is a maximum parking time allowed?

Maxxxx84

You guys are totally correct, there is so many dead spot in the Hampton and they don't tip. I was out there Fri and same as what other said. Was in a area with 2.4x surge waited for 5 mins then pinged a 1.4x.

Which public parking? is there a sign that says there is a maximum parking time allowed?
I believe it was just the public free parking for beach. The officer said that no overnight sleeping in car that's why he got the ticket. not for the parking.

You guys are totally correct, there is so many dead spot in the Hampton and they don't tip. I was out there Fri and same as what other said. Was in a area with 2.4x surge waited for 5 mins then pinged a 1.4x.
Fake surges all around yes. A 2.0 surge will give you a 1.2x ping. 3.0x surge gives only a 1.7 or 1.9x surge. crazy robbery by Uber there. Not worth it. Rather drive Bay Shore and East Patchogue area. I found the south side much better money from folks taking the ferries/yachts and coming back to the island.

highsky

I believe it was just the public free parking for beach. The officer said that no overnight sleeping in car that's why he got the ticket. not for the parking.
I did not know it’s not allowed to sleep in your car at the parking lot, I did it once last year. if I ever end up in Montauk again, where can I park overnight legally without getting a ticket?
I wish your friend could get the ticket dismissed, let us know how it went with him.

USMCX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
LIRR lot. There's also supposed to be free showers available across the street somewhere.

John M Santana

LIRR lot. There's also supposed to be free showers available across the street somewhere.
Yes, by the relief stations, in the free parking lot, on the south-side of the street, just north of the dunes. Showers insofar as wide-open showers, for all to see, while washing-off sand, etc..

I did not know it’s not allowed to sleep in your car at the parking lot, I did it once last year. if I ever end up in Montauk again, where can I park overnight legally without getting a ticket?
I wish your friend could get the ticket dismissed, let us know how it went with him.
He went to the appearance. Had to pay $150 fine lol. Said there were a bunch of Uber drivers there for the same violation. Everyone had to pay $150 for first offence. Not sure how much 2nd offence was for.

highsky

He went to the appearance. Had to pay $150 fine lol. Said there were a bunch of Uber drivers there for the same violation. Everyone had to pay $150 for first offence. Not sure how much 2nd offence was for.
That sucks, looks like they are trying to deter drivers from going there, did he have a chance to defend himself? did the officer go to court to testify?
Post automatically merged:

The LIRR lot looks like a scary place, I never noticed there is showers or bathroom when I was there.
what if the car s legally parked on any street, is it illegal to sleep in your car?

Last edited:
That sucks, looks like they are trying to deter drivers from going there, did he have a chance to defend himself? did the officer go to court to testify?
Post automatically merged:

The LIRR lot looks like a scary place, I never noticed there is showers or bathroom when I was there.
what if the car s legally parked on any street, is it illegal to sleep in your car?
Yah, apparently. That's why they have to take another day out to appear in court rather than just paying a fine. Especially if you're out from Brooklyn or the city, like my friend. No officer in court. just some person before the judge who gives you a deal. Similar to Nassau county I guess.

Showers are at the Beach parking lot by the public bathrooms. Get a soap/shampoo from the store across the parking lot and shower in your shorts there. It's illegal to sleep in your car, hence the tickets. Even if you're legally parking on the street. You would get a ticket even in the LIRR. Especially since there's lots of the Local Taxi's that park there and they call the cops on the Uber drivers there apparently since they hate them.

highsky

Yah, apparently. That's why they have to take another day out to appear in court rather than just paying a fine. Especially if you're out from Brooklyn or the city, like my friend. No officer in court. just some person before the judge who gives you a deal. Similar to Nassau county I guess.

Showers are at the Beach parking lot by the public bathrooms. Get a soap/shampoo from the store across the parking lot and shower in your shorts there. It's illegal to sleep in your car, hence the tickets. Even if you're legally parking on the street. You would get a ticket even in the LIRR. Especially since there's lots of the Local Taxi's that park there and they call the cops on the Uber drivers there apparently since they hate them.
$150 is considered a deal? getting a deal means agreeing to pay a reduced fine and waive your right to see the judge to defend yourself, if $150 is a deal, then the actual fine must be a lot higher if you are found guilty by the judge.

$150 is considered a deal? getting a deal means agreeing to pay a reduced fine and waive your right to see the judge to defend yourself, if $150 is a deal, then the actual fine must be a lot higher if you are found guilty by the judge.
Yep. He told me someone was rude and arguing with the lady offering the deal and he got a $300 fine. He decided to ask the judge for a trial but it was on a different date. They don't give you the trial the same day. So he ended up paying the fine because he didn't want to come back from the Bronx. lol.