July 4th Week Lyft Guarantees

vesolehome

Anyone get the guarantees for the week.
I hope they suck because it's the holiday week. Crap hours and crap rates

ImmerUber

I haven't received an email regarding the hourly guarantees for this week as of 4:30, so it's unlikely I'll be a fortunate recipient this upcoming week. I wish Lyft would be more transparent on how they determine who will receive an invite and who doesn't.

vesolehome

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a feeling lyft uses acceptance rate for driver incentives.
I agree. I also think they evaluate past payouts and use the prior week's rating too. I wonder if someone who maxes out on them each week gets cut off sooner.

I also think Lyft plays tricks. Slows ride requests to the drivers close to PDB. gives you two rides an hour when other drivers are closer if you're in a guarantee hour.

Your not missing much in terms of guarantees next week. $24 is the highest hour.

DriverC

I haven't seen Uber guarantees in two weeks. They probably suck too.
I didn't get a guarantee for this July 4th weekend & IMH it also wasn't as busy as it normally is on a Saturday.
The entire metro Detroit map was surge free all day.

kboy3

Got them again. They're not much, but they're just enough to give me a reason to do rush hour on what I knew will be a slow week. Let's face facts. Half of Detroit metro is up north, the big 3 shut down for the week to enjoy freedom properly, and there's no major concerts going on. Just relax and be grateful we got guarantees at all on a projected slow week.

Attachments

DriverC

Got them again. They're not much, but they're just enough to give me a reason to do rush hour on what I knew will be a slow week. Let's face facts. Half of Detroit metro is up north, the big 3 shut down for the week to enjoy freedom properly, and there's no major concerts going on. Just relax and be grateful we got guarantees at all on a projected slow week.
So no Saturday Guarantees BOO

ImmerUber

I agree. I also think they evaluate past payouts and use the prior week's rating too. I wonder if someone who maxes out on them each week gets cut off sooner.

I also think Lyft plays tricks. Slows ride requests to the drivers close to PDB. gives you two rides an hour when other drivers are closer if you're in a guarantee hour.

Your not missing much in terms of guarantees next week. $24 is the highest hour.
Nice and accurate assessment Velo. I've encountered this scenarios on a regular basis.

Among the scenarios includes one where I had 13 rides and just needed 2 more to qualify. It was a Sunday at 11:05 and in Southwest Detroit. At 11:25 I accept a request from a rider in the Midtown area. His destination? DTW.

Now there's no chance of me making the 20%. You know there has to be another rider closer to me, but I'll never really find out. The amount I didn't get from the one missing ride: $92.

vesolehome

It's pretty slow this week and Lyfy seems to have slot of drivers sitting and not moving. Still happy to see uber not available in areas. Hope uber will react with better surge

MSUGrad9902

We'll see tonight. Depends on how many texts I get about their anticipated demand. over/under at 4 between uber/lyft for demand text messages.

vesolehome

We'll see tonight. Depends on how many texts I get about their anticipated demand. over/under at 4 between uber/lyft for demand text messages.
No kidding.
The only demand I see consistent is mornings. I'll take a ride on my way to work and I tend to get the same people. It's always good for a guarantee and peak fulfillment. Otherwise, this week has been dead.

MSUGrad9902

It is shutdown week. I've yet to drive before working my regular job. Probably because I can't wake up before I need to get up for regular job.

ImmerUber

No kidding.
The only demand I see consistent is mornings. I'll take a ride on my way to work and I tend to get the same people. It's always good for a guarantee and peak fulfillment. Otherwise, this week has been dead.
Same thing, V. If not for the morning regulars, I'd be in deep doo doo. Oh, and not having the AHG from Lyft is going to result in a 30% to 50% reduction in net earnings this week. At least that's data based on when I've met both the Power Bonus (20% fees returned to us) and AHG in the past 4 months. Anyone else have similar results?

vesolehome

Same thing, V. If not for the morning regulars, I'd be in deep doo doo. Oh, and not having the AHG from Lyft is going to result in a 30% to 50% reduction in net earnings this week. At least that's data based on when I've met both the Power Bonus (20% fees returned to us) and AHG in the past 4 months. Anyone else have similar results?
I do this part time but the AHG has hooked my into driving 100% for Lyft the last 3 months. I did a few Uber rides to keep active but I can't run both apps in the guarantee hours. i have hit then 10% some weeks and that withy the AHG makes this a decent part time job.

When Lyft drops the AHG in this market it'll suck.

I've seen Uber hard up for drivers too. Did you get the double your earnings week in Aug if you referee a driver? I also noticed they are doing the the "jobs in your area" emails.