Judge Blocks Uber Class Action Settlement

Tedgey

Lol. Our attorney was garbage. She wanted the settlement money and that was it. An easy pay day.

"Attorney Shannon Liss-Riordan said she understands the judge’s desire for more information, and does not think claims that would be dismissed have much value."
Reclassifying everyone as employees might just shut it all down. Not right away but that would be awfully disruptive to the whole Uber business model. I wonder how much fun Travis would think disruption is then

kes1981

I'm having a hard time figuring out what the drivers end game is???

If drivers are reclassified as employees then Uber will shut down and every driver here will be out of work. Their business model can not survive without drivers being IC.

What else is there to gain by more litigation? There's no outcome that benefits the driver. Uber can win, the lawyers can win, the drivers are left in the dark.

LA Dispatcher

If drivers are reclassified as employees then Uber will shut down and every driver here will be out of work. Their business model can not survive without drivers being IC.

What else is there to gain by more litigation? There's no outcome that benefits the driver. Uber can win, the lawyers can win, the drivers are left in the dark.
Best outcome for drivers is to maintain IC status so others companies can join the industry. Potential litigation costs and regulation scare away competitors.

uber strike

uber cannot continue their business model as it stands. drivers deserve to be treated fairly. if uber does not survive then it does not survive. uber must not win.

F213

I am fine with ic, but all i am asking for is decent pay and flexibility and less corporate greed.
Shandon liss Riordan was supposed to do that. I think Tardvis paid her off before the hearings started. She changed her tune quick once they went to court.

Seems she needs the money more than the actual drivers working for it. All that hard work litigating.