• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Joshua Tree high desert

Tim 33

Lyft doesn't know the high desert of Joshua tree and many things go wrong.
Thank you for your email.
I have a few points of feedback that I would like to share about Joshua Tree and the high desert of California.
We get $.75 a mile.
Sometimes we get requested up to 30 minutes away. Lyft is new to the high desert and there are not many drivers.
The terrain is rough and sometimes there are no roads and you have to drive on really bad dirt roads. I took a ride from Joshua tree to Los Angeles. It took me three hours to get to Los Angeles, five hours in traffic to get home and I made like 2$ an hour after gas..
In Palm Springs the rate is $1.25 a mile.
This is the rate you have set for the low desert and it’s fair. The High desert of Joshua tree and 29 palms is an elevation of 3000 feet. It takes a lot of gas to climb the mountains to get the high desert.
I would drive a lot more if the rate was a little more fair.
Your system of not showing the address of where we are going may work for cities but in the high desert, it is a matter of survival to know where we are going. If the app knows that you’re about to lose money on a 30 minute pick up for a 5 minute ride,it should have the common decency to show you or warn you that you are about to drive one whole hour for 3 $.
As drivers we really do pull a lot of weight on the Lyft platform with gas, wear and tear, sometimes even emotional stress from intoxicated passengers or IEHP medical unstable passengers.In my case, losing a car Lyfting . I have also seen on many occasions that the passenger gets charged double what we get,this seems pretty hefty considering all we’re doing.
I have medical runs with passengers I have developed a relationship with and help them in many ways. These passengers (IEHP)have no way to rate us.
It is absolutely not fair that we are not five star rated automatically and that passengers are by Default-given five stars. Either give us five stars by default or please make it equal for the passengers. I’ve seen passengers with a lower rating than 4.6 and we still have to except those rides. There is a reason why these passengers have a low rating and indeed it is other drivers warning us. Passengers should also be thrown off the lyft platform if they drop below a certain level, i’ve had some of the worst passengers who have low ratings, these passengers have made me turn off my app and go home.
You need to be fair and get out of this servitude mentality especially here in California. I have so much respect for my passengers and I follow the rules. That is what’s important. If you start treating us better, then the passengers will start treating us better.
I have a lot of appreciation for Lyft even though I have lost a car and it is probably the most unreliable job here in the high and low desert.

Last edited:

RogerJS

Lyft doesn't know the high desert of Joshua tree and many things go wrong.
Thank you for your email.
I have a few points of feedback that I would like to share about Joshua Tree and the high desert of California.
We get $.75 a mile.
Sometimes we get requested up to 30 minutes away. Lyft is new to the high desert and there are not many drivers.
The terrain is rough and sometimes there are no roads and you have to drive on really bad dirt roads. I took a ride from Joshua tree to Los Angeles. It took me three hours to get to Los Angeles, five hours in traffic to get home and I made like 2$ an hour after gas..
In Palm Springs the rate is $1.25 a mile.
This is the rate you have set for the low desert and it’s fair. The High desert of Joshua tree and 29 palms is an elevation of 3000 feet. It takes a lot of gas to climb the mountains to get the high desert.
I would drive a lot more if the rate was a little more fair.
Your system of not showing the address of where we are going may work for cities but in the high desert, it is a matter of survival to know where we are going. If the app knows that you’re about to lose money on a 30 minute pick up for a 5 minute ride,it should have the common decency to show you or warn you that you are about to drive one whole hour for 3 $.
As drivers we really do pull a lot of weight on the Lyft platform with gas, wear and tear, sometimes even emotional stress from intoxicated passengers or IEHP medical unstable passengers.In my case, losing a car Lyfting . I have also seen on many occasions that the passenger gets charged double what we get,this seems pretty hefty considering all we’re doing.
I have medical runs with passengers I have developed a relationship with and help them in many ways. These passengers (IEHP)have no way to rate us.
It is absolutely not fair that we are not five star rated automatically and that passengers are by Default-given five stars. Either give us five stars by default or please make it equal for the passengers. I’ve seen passengers with a lower rating than 4.6 and we still have to except those rides. There is a reason why these passengers have a low rating and indeed it is other drivers warning us. Passengers should also be thrown off the lyft platform if they drop below a certain level, i’ve had some of the worst passengers who have low ratings, these passengers have made me turn off my app and go home.
You need to be fair and get out of this servitude mentality especially here in California. I have so much respect for my passengers and I follow the rules. That is what’s important. If you start treating us better, then the passengers will start treating us better.
I have a lot of appreciation for Lyft even though I have lost a car and it is probably the most unreliable job here in the high and low desert.
Welcome to the desert.. Lyft live is a @@@@@ here!
Also say goodbye to your IHEP pax no more methadone trips after Friday

Tim 33

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t understand they’re my only money making passengers! all the other passengers are three dollar rides in Palm Springs, I lost one car Lyfting and my other car is in the shop needing $2000 worth of engine damage from the heat..lyft has made me go bankrupt can you tell me a little bit more about IHEP?? Why are they going to stop doing that?
Ridesharing has officially made me bankrupt today cause my car broke down..offline like the last time

bwb1980

I didn't drive much yesterday (Thursday), but I'm quite familiar with it up there and I had to go up there for a meeting in Yucca Valley for my other job, and yes, the terrain in Joshua Tree is HORRIBLE. Some of those roads will destroy your car easily, or you'll find yourself stuck or bottomed out somewhere. Be careful driving up there. I always wondered about that. I turned on the rider app to see how many drivers there were and saw they were spread out all over Yucca Valley and Joshua Tree, and I've heard that some of the methadone clinic people in Morongo Valley live on some of those dirt roads.

Norm22

Get occasional Morongo Valley requests when dropping off in DHS, there are a million drivers in DHS so they are stealing some of your IEHP rides too.

bwb1980

I'm a medical transportation driver with a company and I hate it when I get rides in Morongo Valley, JT, or Twentynine Palms. Twentynine Palms is worse. I had a ride a couple of weeks ago that my company sent me to and the lady lived in the middle of a huge patch of desert with no road leading to her property.

YouEvenLyftBruh

oh, honey... bless your heart.