John Wayne Airport Uber Lot

UberIsAllFubared

I don't get taken to Irvin often, but a few days ago, and wanted to see if I could get a Airport ride back to LA county, but didn't know the procedure for JW airport. Is there a lot similar to the Jenny lot at LAX, or is it like Burbank Airport? I did drive by once and was put into the queue. LOL but I'm not sure if there is a lot we are suppose to go to.

Any info?

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not gonna be there often, so don't worry about me stealing all your rides. I figure I will be down there maybe 3 times a year.

OCuber

I don't get taken to Irvin often, but a few days ago, and wanted to see if I could get a Airport ride back to LA county, but didn't know the procedure for JW airport. Is there a lot similar to the Jenny lot at LAX, or is it like Burbank Airport? I did drive by once and was put into the queue. LOL but I'm not sure if there is a lot we are suppose to go to.

Any info?
You have a better chance of catching a ride outside of the JWA zone.

eman1122

You have a better chance of catching a ride outside of the JWA zone.
Absolutely correct. But honestly, I'd avoid the airport. Mostly short rides to either businesses close by or to nearby business parking lots because they didn't want to pay for the airport parking.

But to answer your question...there is a holding lot. You don't need to be que'd up to get a request from the airport and you're probably better of just passing by and getting a request than waiting around.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perfect guys, thanks so much for the heads up. Yeah, sounds like JW airport isn't a good idea trying to get back to LA county. Sounds like they are LAX to Marina Del Ray crap. I appreciate the info everyone. Just tough as I know absolutely nothing about the OC.

hershey

I found myself down there once maybe twice. Thought about checking the airport out but know nothing about the holding lot/que situation. More info would be helpful especially for Select. Thanks!

mandreyka

Perfect guys, thanks so much for the heads up. Yeah, sounds like JW airport isn't a good idea trying to get back to LA county. Sounds like they are LAX to Marina Del Ray crap. I appreciate the info everyone. Just tough as I know absolutely nothing about the OC.
You will be lucky to get a ride to the famous BP where you can spend the rest of the night and never leave it , or if your real lucky they will take you further south to Laguna where you can take a ping to the top of the world area and climb the hill for a min fare to the bar at the bottom.

Nobody flys into JWA and goes back to LA, it's usually more than LAX so pax fly to lax from LA.

Last week I dropped by and did a ride, first ping was out of the queue(which is common there ) to pick up this guys girlfriend and a full size headboard.

Maybe she was still handcuffed to it, I should of asked what she looked like before saying no.

Jake2016

JWA used to have good surges at certain times. Not anymore.

Having seen a bunch of landing flights after dropping off a passenger in the nearby area, I wasted one hour waiting for surge during this morning rush hour. None.

The same is going on in the evening now. Hence, I am staying away from this place.

mandreyka

I found myself down there once maybe twice. Thought about checking the airport out but know nothing about the holding lot/que situation. More info would be helpful especially for Select. Thanks!
Don't even think about it on select, if you do bring the window shades and your Netflix.

SNAUber

I have probably pick up from SNA a few hundred times. Most pax go to Newport, Costa Mesa, and Irvine. Occasionally Anaheim, Laguna, and south OC. Short rides are to UCI and nearby hotels. Out of all my trips, I think I had one maybe two to LAX. Reason is most likely their flight got cancelled and now flying from LAX.

Also you can get random bs rides by sitting in the parking areas from the surrounding apts and hotels. You sit and wait then you get a ping , drive 8 mins, only to have the trip for 2-3 miles.

Depending on the time, there are much better places to wait to go back to LA.

mandreyka

I have probably pick up from SNA a few hundred times. Most pax go to Newport, Costa Mesa, and Irvine. Occasionally Anaheim, Laguna, and south OC. Short rides are to UCI and nearby hotels. Out of all my trips, I think I had one maybe two to LAX. Reason is most likely their flight got cancelled and now flying from LAX.

Also you can get random bs rides by sitting in the parking areas from the surrounding apts and hotels. You sit and wait then you get a ping , drive 8 mins, only to have the trip for 2-3 miles.

Depending on the time, there are much better places to wait to go back to LA.
That sounds like an honest assessment from the small sampling I have.

KimchiRiceSoNice

Yeah, times that I've tried to get a ride back to LA county have been unsuccessful as I usually get stuck doing short rides around the area. And don't forget that UC Irvine is less than 5 miles away which only adds to the frustration of short rides. Maybe drive towards Santa Ana. Someone on this board mentioned as far as Anaheim, and I would agree with that. Only there's the risk of picking someone up headed back to Irvine and the JWA area. It's frustrating.