Job offer!!

adrep1984

Benefits ?
Healthcare ?
Vacations ?
Sick pay ?
All but Im not going to accept low ball offers even though its better then uber. I will need to pay 800 a month for day care so it has to make sense. I was getting 45k at my last kid Pre kid and that was with no experience.

Now i have a couple years under my belt I need to see something in the 50's to even consider it.

tohunt4me

All but Im not going to accept low ball offers even though its better then uber. I will need to pay 800 a month for day care so it has to make sense.
Do what is best for you.
Do they have cost of living increases ?
Promotion ? Raises ?
You can always Uber part time.

adrep1984

Do what is best for you.
Do they have cost of living increases ?
Promotion ? Raises ?
You can always Uber part time.
Yeah their is room for growth but still. I know my value in the industry im not going to make the same mistake as last time. Accepting a low offer then find out the guy next to me producing half as much is getting 20k more a year.

The point of getting a job is so i dont have to do uber and with what they offered I will be working full time and doing uber all weekend just to make the same after daycare and have no flexibility.

lvesq1906

Got a verbal job offer from a school today. It was a low ball so hopefully they are willing to come up a bit.
Sincerely congrats and good luck with the job and getting them to increase the pay. I don’t think your contemplated move to driving Select would have worked well for you! :smiles:

lvesq1906

Thanks man! God help me if I invest into getting into select....lol
Like I said, Select doesn’t make sense for you. You don’t sound like you would figure it out. Yes God help all the Uber Select drivers nationwide who have made the unconscionable choice to use an entry level luxury car (which sometimes costs under $20,000 used) for a premium category of rideshare that pays close to 3x more than Uber X drivers who often do 100+ rides a week in new $20,000 cars. Smh.

adrep1984

Like I said, Select doesn’t make sense for you. You don’t sound like you would figure it out. Yes God help all the Uber Select drivers nationwide who have made the unconscionable choice to use an entry level luxury car (which sometimes costs under $20,000) for a premium category of rideshare thar pays close to 3x more than what drivers who often do 100+ rides a week, make.
I definitely could do select but I'm not a career driver. I did uber full time last summer when it paid well and now I just do Thurs to Fri Surge. Not saying their is anything wrong with driving but I don't want to do it for the rest of my life hence why I'm getting back into Education. My goal is to be able to do 0 rides a week and make way more money.

lvesq1906

I definitely could do select but I'm not a career driver. I did uber full time last summer when it paid well and now I just do Thurs to Fri Surge. Not saying their is anything wrong with driving but I don't want to do it for the rest of my life hence why I'm getting back into Education. My goal is to be able to do 0 rides a week and make way more money.
Well good for you for getting out of the bottom feeder world of rideshare. Obviously I’m a career driver like many others here and you pity us for good reason! *sarcasm intended*

Last edited:

saucy05

All but Im not going to accept low ball offers even though its better then uber. I will need to pay 800 a month for day care so it has to make sense. I was getting 45k at my last kid Pre kid and that was with no experience.

Now i have a couple years under my belt I need to see something in the 50's to even consider it.
Don't fall into the trap of being a career chauffeur. Unless you take hard decisions, 1 year of ubering could easily turn into 5 or 10 years and before you know it you will become too old for entry level jobs and inexperienced for the rest.

Bsa80

Oh man, I can't wait until after this destination wedding when I start applying for jobs again and get a good offer. I'm going to pick up low rated pax and give them uber rides from hell until I get deactivated.

Just Another Uber Drive

Like I said, Select doesn’t make sense for you. You don’t sound like you would figure it out. Yes God help all the Uber Select drivers nationwide who have made the unconscionable choice to use an entry level luxury car (which sometimes costs under $20,000 used) for a premium category of rideshare that pays close to 3x more than Uber X drivers who often do 100+ rides a week in new $20,000 cars. Smh.

You're the new Optimus. Rule wisely.

newubernoob007

Well good for you for getting out of the bottom feeder world of rideshare. Obviously I’m a career driver like many others here and you pity us for good reason! *sarcasm intended*

Lol sometimes I laugh at your nonsense and pride but then I remember that I am also prideful at times.

Good for you man, you make good money driving and all these haters just hate. I make good money outside of Uber and I get the same shi* for haters in my industry. All that matters is that you are happy in life. Most of these people you would probably never hang out with anyways, even me. Not I though I love everyone!

Keep on trucking!