Jiffy Lube and Meineke Rip Offs

tonipeace

So I heard from someone who works at one of these places in Miami and they told me these auto repair shops are not passing peoples Uber vehicle inspections on purpose . Instead they fail you . make up all the problems you have , give you a big estimate on the repair , so they can make a fat profit too .SCAM ALERT !
Screw Uber stop being stupid people, you don't make money in this crap .

4-WARNED

Its important to mention that people can get the inspection signed by any ASE certified mechanic. And they don't need to be on uber's list of repair shops. So basically, you can go to any shop that has an ASE certified technician.

Just to give you an idea of the jiffy Lube scam. I had a Prius inspected with 12,000 miles and they said I needed new tires and new brakes. Took it to Toyota and they had it signed off with an ASE mechanic as passed, for free. And they passed my Camry for free also with 52,000 miles

When I went to Meineke for my inspection I mentioned that anything that they found wrong with the car I would NOT be fixing there, as I was loyal to my mechanic for service on my cars.

Subsequently, they didn't even drive the car or open the hood. They turned it on, wrote down the miles, and passed me. Total time: max 10 minutes.

Last edited:

wwlucas68

I just went to the Jiffy Lube on Biscayne and like 90th, not only did they double the price for an inspection, they did exactly what you guys are talking about. They made up all these problems about how I need all my fluids flushed and blah blah blah she says oh btw you failed that'll be $53. And another $30 to get it re-inspected. WOW what a ripoff, the guy in front of me failed too! DO NOT GO HERE!

miauber1x831

I just went to the Jiffy Lube on Biscayne and like 90th, not only did they double the price for an inspection, they did exactly what you guys are talking about. They made up all these problems about how I need all my fluids flushed and blah blah blah she says oh btw you failed that'll be $53. And another $30 to get it re-inspected. WOW what a ripoff, the guy in front of me failed too! DO NOT GO HERE!
I went to the same Jiffy Lube for my inspection and although they passed my car and didn't try to sell me on anything, they charged me $37 for the inspection, which is ridiculous since you can get it done for about $20 most other places.

wwlucas68

A couple of months ago I went to the same location for my Lyft inspection, I passed with no problems and the charge was $25. It seems now that they raised their price they are failing people to get them back for a second inspection. They were checking all sorts of things that wasn't even listed on the Uber inspection paper......what a rip off

YorkieLover

I went there a year ago and I had no problems, yet it was more expensive that the price advertised on the uber webpage.

Milito

I did the same in Palm Beach. I called the Jiffy Lube number provided and was told that the price the previous year was a promotion.
I heard from some guys that talked to an ptrd inspector over hard rock stadium that those jiffy lube inspections are not valid

Uberdude1267

So I heard from someone who works at one of these places in Miami and they told me these auto repair shops are not passing peoples Uber vehicle inspections on purpose . Instead they fail you . make up all the problems you have , give you a big estimate on the repair , so they can make a fat profit too .SCAM ALERT !
Screw Uber stop being stupid people, you don't make money in this crap .
I failed a couple of inspections - one at Jiffy, one at Meineke. Both mentioned all four brakes and other stuff. My father in law is an auto mechanic. He changed the rear two brakes as the front two were fine. I went for my 3rd inspection to a tire place that does inspections. My tires are new so they obviously couldn't fail me there and had no other service to provide. I passed.

ShadyBrady

Their favorite ripoff is trying to sell EVERY customer a new cabin air filter. The guy showed mine to me - it had some loose dirt and a few leaves in it. He asked me "You don't want him to put it back that way, do you?" I said, "No", took it from him, turned it upside down, emptied the dirt and leaves on the ground, handed it back and said "Now I do". What's amazing is that not only is the new filter they want to sell you WAY overpriced, but they also want to charge labor to put the new filter in, instead of putting the existing filter back for free.

Stay away from Jiffy Lube! They want to charge $50! Went to Meineke on University Drive Davie and the service was fast with the staff being very attentive and professional. I was ready for an upsell, which never happened. It seems they want a great customer experience.

theknight077

I can talk from personal experience I bought a 2013 Nissan sentra like a month ago from Rick case, the car has new tires, New brake pad and all maintenence, we'll I took to my to a new mineke on Hialeah and they failed me they said that my tires need it to be balance and need it New brake pads. COMPLETE RIP OFF