Jersey Uber Driver EWR Rematches to NYC

jerseycrooner

I am a New Jersey Uber driver and have had multiple rematches out of EWR to Manhattan over the past three weeks and just did one tonight (EWR rematch to West 56th Street.) I thought Goober was not supposed to give New Jersey drivers rematches from EWR to New York. Am I missing something here? Luckily I got a 1.3x surge tonight with my rematch which was another $5.00 plus. This helped considering I got no tip as usual. Has anyone else been getting these out of state rematches from EWR?

LUberUpLyft

I am a New Jersey Uber driver and have had multiple rematches out of EWR to Manhattan over the past three weeks and just did one tonight (EWR rematch to West 56th Street.) I thought Goober was not supposed to give New Jersey drivers rematches from EWR to New York. Am I missing something here? Luckily I got a 1.3x surge tonight with my rematch which was another $5.00 plus. This helped considering I got no tip as usual. Has anyone else been getting these out of state rematches from EWR?

Lol. Got Paterson this morning at 8 am on Lyft. Ummm, no thanks

Kevin7889

Uber lies bro

HudsonDriver4Hire

Yea they're still touting this BS on their EWR page...

Screenshot_20170926-031641~01.png

and we're still getting city-bound rides. My guess is that if no available TLC left in the queue, they pass them onto us. However, I've noticed a lot less TLC ants in North Jersey the past 2-3 weeks, so it might be a Catch-22. :rolleyes:

jlocke817

Lyft does same thing over and over again - 80% of my EWR rematches have destination in Manhattan and Brooklyn. If I cancel or ask a passenger to cancel, they would send a deactivation warning. Also, they do not pay for Verrazano Bridge toll on our way back to New Jersey for trips to Brooklyn / JFK. They really suck.

Entitled_ Bro

If you get a NYC trip, it might be because a TLC rejected the trip most likely which probably sets off the parameters they use to match paxs.

pvtandrewmalone

If you get Brooklyn from EWR insist on routing via the Gotheals and Verrazano, not the Holland or Lincoln Tunnel. This way you'll keep about 90% of what the pax pays vs. 60% if going through Manhattan.

Last edited:

LEO2112

If you get a NYC trip, it might be because a TLC rejected the trip most likely which probably sets off the parameters they use to match paxs.

Why would a TLC reject a NYC trip? From reading the NYC forum on here, the TLC drivers all post about how they are always hoping for a ping back to NYC from NJ so they don't have to ride back empty?

HudsonDriver4Hire

Queue is to NJ. Rematch is wherever the chips may lie. So you either get more business right away or wait for where you are going.

That may be true when TLC are available, but last night I got an instant ping to the Village from the queue, no rematch. Didn't even get a chance to estimate how many TLC were in the holding pen.