Jax Status Checkin

G8TRHATER

Hello, are folks back on the road these days?...I have been off for about a month, but I would prefer not to die so I may not drive. Thoughts?

notarealactor

If you're worried about dying, I've got some bad news for you. It's unavoidable. Also, you picked a lousy job. Traffic deaths are one of the top killers in the country. Only things like alcohol, heart disease, and malpractice are more deadly than driving, and YOU chose to do about 5x as much driving as the average person, meaning you're 5x as likely to die from it. You'll be dead about 10-12 times of automobile related accidents, 20 times of alcohol related causes, or over a hundred-something times due to medical malpractice before you have to worry about dying of a disease with a 99% recovery rate.

Hell, you'll die TWICE from the common flu before you have to worry about coronavirus, and that's if you're even one of the at-risk people (and if you are, you are already a road hazard). Unless you have or live with someone who has respiratory problems, don't worry about it. If you show symptoms, take a couple weeks off so you don't spread it, like you would any other temporary affliction. And remember, that mask isn't to keep you from getting it, it's to nominally reduce the chances of you giving it to someone else. And unless it's a medical grade mask, it's about as effective as wearing a colander.

The Mick

If you're worried about dying, I've got some bad news for you. It's unavoidable. Also, you picked a lousy job. Traffic deaths are one of the top killers in the country. Only things like alcohol, heart disease, and malpractice are more deadly than driving, and YOU chose to do about 5x as much driving as the average person, meaning you're 5x as likely to die from it. You'll be dead about 10-12 times of automobile related accidents, 20 times of alcohol related causes, or over a hundred-something times due to medical malpractice before you have to worry about dying of a disease with a 99% recovery rate.

Hell, you'll die TWICE from the common flu before you have to worry about coronavirus, and that's if you're even one of the at-risk people (and if you are, you are already a road hazard). Unless you have or live with someone who has respiratory problems, don't worry about it. If you show symptoms, take a couple weeks off so you don't spread it, like you would any other temporary affliction. And remember, that mask isn't to keep you from getting it, it's to nominally reduce the chances of you giving it to someone else. And unless it's a medical grade mask, it's about as effective as wearing a colander.
LOL