• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

I've been deactivated by Uber Pro (now I'm Elite!)

WoodburyDriver

Got this notice today... Only took 3 weeks to break their app with non conformity.

Screenshot_20190522-001108.png

So now that I'm not Uber Pro Platinum, I'm starting a new club called Uber Elite.

This is the club of the real pro drivers who know how to actually make money by declining rides.

Anyone want to join my club?

BillC

I haven't been kicked out of Pro status just yet (I haven't driven for the last 2 weekends), but I'm working on it!

.pro.png

Hopefully a couple of my 1 star ratings drop soon so I can get back over 4.90

homelesswarlock

You should rethink that if it’s a mid afternoon ping from there. I’ve gotten some nice trips out of dinky town and UST and taking them to their parents home in some suburb.
No thanks. Even taking them to the airport is a pain in the ass. They’ll overload your vehicle with everything they’ve accumulated in the past year.

I helped one kid move from dorm A to dorm B a mile down the street. Base fare XL, no tip.

I helped two international students get to the airport. 8 suitcases, no tip. Felt like they were transporting blocks of cement.

University/Dinkytown is the only place I would feel comfortable driving the cheapest, most beat up cargo van for pickups. Make them sit on the ground. Who cares.

And I say “helped” because I felt like I was doing charity work.
BF2816A6-DDF1-43E9-ACBB-CB4B7F14E9C1.png

Notice how every XL is on the other side of the river. This is how they avoid accidentally accepting a ping from Dinkytown.

Last edited:

miclavd

No thanks. Even taking them to the airport is a pain in the ass. They’ll overload your vehicle with everything they’ve accumulated in the past year.

I helped one kid move from dorm A to dorm B a mile down the street. Base fare XL, no tip.

I helped two international students get to the airport. 8 suitcases, no tip. Felt like they were transporting blocks of cement.

University/Dinkytown is the only place I would feel comfortable driving the cheapest, most beat up cargo van for pickups. Make them sit on the ground. Who cares.

And I say “helped” because I felt like I was doing charity work.View attachment 322480

Notice how every XL is on the other side of the river. This is how they avoid accidentally accepting a ping from Dinkytown.
Ok then. I don’t blame you. I didn’t think of it that way. You’re like that friend with the truck.

Jazzbaseball

View attachment 322419

View attachment 322424

Trips I decline are XL pings coming from Dinkytown. Yes it’s possible that I’m turning away good money. I just don’t understand why they need an aux cord for a 5 minute ride.
People still ask for those?

I haven't been asked in a long time, but I would be included to say, "what's an OX Chord?" See what I did there? "get with the times, use bluetooth". Can't connect with Bluetooth any way since the car is moving.

peteyvavs

I avoid picking up around colleges because the students want me to drive 6 pax’s in a Prius, when I decline they say that they’ll report me for refusing to drive them, I tell go ahead and while you’re reporting me to Uber I’ll file a report with the college and the police. Never received any feedback.

homelesswarlock

I avoid picking up around colleges because the students want me to drive 6 pax’s in a Prius, when I decline they say that they’ll report me for refusing to drive them, I tell go ahead and while you’re reporting me to Uber I’ll file a report with the college and the police. Never received any feedback.
That sounds about right. When they order XL, they’ll want to smash 7-8 barbarians inside my vehicle. I always tell them to order Uber Black SUV because they’re usually Chevy Suburbans.

The other day, I rolled up to Aveda corporate campus and they wanted 6 people + luggage. I was like... “are you kidding me?”

Then I realized that they were dead serious because Aveda campus = extension of sorority life after college.

Reactions: Asq

WoodburyDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Congrats... the committee decided to include you all in the club. Tickets punched. Stop by the office. We're buying free coffee and donuts from Tim Hortons.

Extraholes

Just got an email from uber about my rating and cxl rate and acceptance, the funny thing is i dont remember canceling for any other reason besides no-show so am very confused that i am at 5%

But my acceptance rate is elite at 24%