• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

IU out of session

DogM28

So, after May 5th, who stays in Bloomington to do this? I myself will work in Indy because I doubt the demand is very high once the students leave. I guess if we all leave then it might be good for someone to handle the locals and grad students. Just curious.

UberDrone1717

I think demand will be extremely limited. Also, a new app Btown rides just started on campus just at the same time that Uber is taking a bigger cut of the pay. I think most drivers are losing money or making very slim profits after maintenance/depreciation/gas. Only good time is during a surge pricing otherwise not too smart.

Inke

Being the only (according to my pax) Bloomington driver from Bloomington, I can say the requests are fewer and further away. So slow last Summer I basically quit until Welcome Week. I’m not headed to Indy, as the math doesn’t work out. But you’re a step ahead of the clueless Indy drivers who come down the week following graduation to be confused as to where all the rides went. At least traffic is better, and I can get around them parked on 10th with their blinkers going, blocking traffic.

Juggalo9er

It's a relative ghost town when they are not in session.... the aim
Week the semester ends is normally at least decent

BogusOtis

Rates in Indy are .60 cents a mile.. In B-Town it's 1.00 (rounding)
Not sure if Indy is the way to go since you can drive 10 miles to pick someone up to go 1/2 block and no recourse..
I'm staying in Bloomington

Probably still have to do Indy though because it will be a ghost town.

Juggalo9er

Rates in Indy are .60 cents a mile.. In B-Town it's 1.00 (rounding)
Not sure if Indy is the way to go since you can drive 10 miles to pick someone up to go 1/2 block and no recourse..
I'm staying in Bloomington

Probably still have to do Indy though because it will be a ghost town.
2 weeks until it ends