ITT Post if filed as IC AND got paid

jonsnownothing

When filed?
How much?
Anything noteworthy/comments (like did you contact EDD and successfully get in touch)?
Please post additional info and screenshots

seymour

so, I received in the mail today a "continued claim" form beginning March 22 - 28th and March 29 - April 4th. There is no ten digit EDD number on the form but there is a 35 digit number on the top. I wonder if my ten digit number is within this group of numbers? Can anyone confirm?
Maybe they send this out every two weeks? Never been on UI so only guessing.
I applied March 28th.

pompeii

so, I received in the mail today a "continued claim" form beginning March 22 - 28th and March 29 - April 4th. There is no ten digit EDD number on the form but there is a 35 digit number on the top. I wonder if my ten digit number is within this group of numbers? Can anyone confirm?
I applied March 28th.
No, it is a separate number.

Robert Larrison

I applied March 28th.
You'll get the letter after you file the continued claim form.
I got my EDD Card 3 days after filing DE-5614 check the dates and DONT file early or your form gets rejected. Don't wait or you miss eligibility and risk account closure.

A day after i got my EDD Card the letter from Sacremento came with 10 digit code.
As of Tues 1:30pm 4/7 EDD is still breaking my heart. Word is New York and a couple other States have begun implementation of the grand plan
California needs to get hot

seymour

Today I received my "Notice of UI Claim Filed" and because i filed incorrectly it shows no income or correct award. The letter says I have ten days to respond and can do so via the telephone or via mail. I suspect it would be better to do this via mail so that's what I am going to do.
Post automatically merged:

Today I received my "Notice of UI Claim Filed" and because i filed incorrectly it shows no income or correct award. The letter says I have ten days to respond and can do so via the telephone or via mail. I suspect it would be better to do this via mail so that's what I am going to do.
So, I understood that we were supposed to put ourselves down as employer but according to the Rideshare Drivers United website, we are supposed to notify EDD that we are employees of Uber.

So, do I notify EDD that I was self employed or an employee of Uber.

From Rideshare Drivers United website:

If your award is zero, or looks smaller than what you've actually earned:
This is probably because Lyft and Uber defy the law, and don’t report driver earnings to the state.

To fix this, we've updated the process based on changes EDD has made to simplify the process for misclassified workers like us:

1. Log onto UI Online at uio.edd.ca.gov, click the UI Online button, and then click the “Contact Us” tab on the right side of the webpage.

2. Select “Claim Questions” under the Question Category dropdown menu. Then select “Missing Wages from Claims” from the Question Topic dropdown menu.

3. Briefly state why EDD does not have your wage information. If you drive for Uber, you can write the following (filling in the appropriate information):

I am an employee driver of [Uber, Lyft, Uber & Lyft] I was misclassified by the company(ies) as an independent contractor, and my notice of award does not reflect the wages I earned while working for [Uber, Lyft, Uber & Lyft].

According to the 1099-K I received from [Uber,Lyft], I earned $XX,XXX between January and March, earned $XX,XXX between April and June, earned $XX,XXX between July and September, and earned $XX,XXX between October and December. According to the 1099-K for 2018, I earned $XX,XXX between October and December 2018. According to my 1099-MISC, I additionally earned $X,XXX in 2019, and $X,XXX in 2018.

[Repeat that for every company that failed to report your earnings to the state.]

If you did not receive a 1099-MISC or a 1099K, use the tax info provided by the company as outlined in our Step-By-Step UI Guide. This is common for a part-time driver.

Last edited:

jonsnownothing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

So, I understood that we were supposed to put ourselves down as employer but according to the Rideshare Drivers United website, we are supposed to notify EDD that we are employees of Uber.

This is probably because Lyft and Uber defy the law, and don’t report driver earnings to the state.

To fix this, we've updated the process based on changes EDD has made to simplify the process for misclassified workers like us:

1. Log onto UI Online at uio.edd.ca.gov, click the UI Online button, and then click the “Contact Us” tab on the right side of the webpage.

2. Select “Claim Questions” under the Question Category dropdown menu. Then select “Missing Wages from Claims” from the Question Topic dropdown menu.

3. Briefly state why EDD does not have your wage information. If you drive for Uber, you can write the following (filling in the appropriate information):

I am an employee driver of [Uber, Lyft, Uber & Lyft] I was misclassified by the company(ies) as an independent contractor, and my notice of award does not reflect the wages I earned while working for [Uber, Lyft, Uber & Lyft].

According to the 1099-K I received from [Uber,Lyft], I earned $XX,XXX between January and March, earned $XX,XXX between April and June, earned $XX,XXX between July and September, and earned $XX,XXX between October and December. According to the 1099-K for 2018, I earned $XX,XXX between October and December 2018. According to my 1099-MISC, I additionally earned $X,XXX in 2019, and $X,XXX in 2018.

[Repeat that for every company that failed to report your earnings to the state.]

If you did not receive a 1099-MISC or a 1099K, use the tax info provided by the company as outlined in our Step-By-Step UI Guide. This is common for a part-time driver.
kinda tempted to just file a new claim and follow "Rideshare Drivers United" step-by-step instructions.
has anyone else filed a new claim?

seymour

kinda tempted to just file a new claim and follow "Rideshare Drivers United" step-by-step instructions.
has anyone else filed a new claim?
wait until they send you a notice of claim and then you can write them a letter. You guys can all be doing this right now. Actually, you could just go ahead and mail it now as an addendum to ur application and just let them know your SS# on your correspondence. I still don't have a ten digit EDD # - so no need to wait for that.

If anybody out there did not give EDD your monthly and quarterly income as well as your income during your last week you may as well write to them and submit it now.

Send to:
UI Center Sacramento
PO Box 419091
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9091

Last edited:

REX HAVOC

So am I correct in assuming that to get the FEDs $600 a week payout you need to qualify for State EDD first?

1995flyingspur

wait until they send you a notice of claim and then you can write them a letter. You guys can all be doing this right now. Actually, you could just go ahead and mail it now as an addendum to ur application and just let them know your SS# on your correspondence. I still don't have a ten digit EDD # - so no need to wait for that.

If anybody out there did not give EDD your monthly and quarterly income as well as your income during your last week you may as well write to them and submit it now.

Send to:
UI Center Sacramento
PO Box 419091
Rancho Cordova, CA 95741-9091
That's extremely helpful, thanks a million!

Sacto Burbs

... as an aside ... politics used to be forbidden on UP. It was shuffled off to its own forum where people ... mean people ... mostly from out of state ... were free to be as mean as they wanted ... to each other. There were no gang colors allowed on the City forums.

That changed in 2016 - politics was not longer shuffled off into it very own cesspool. The cesspool has moved into every single forum on UP - so EVERY SINGLE PERSON - on every thread - can be ambushed with impunity. We are now just like every vile hate filled space on the internet.

By intentional design.

jonsnownothing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

just got the same mail. guess i'll just send in the updates via snail mail too since it's impossible to call them or get a reply from them via Contact Us.

seymour

just got the same mail. guess i'll just send in the updates via snail mail too since it's impossible to call them or get a reply from them via Contact Us.
No don't do snail mail. I followed the online instructions on this video and afterwards received a message from EDD that I would receive a response within 5-7 days. This will speed things up for you.

If you applied in March, you need to let EDD know what your GROSS earnings were for October 2018 and every single month afterwards to December 2019 & in addition you need to let them know what your 1099-MISC amounts are for 2018 and 2019. This is my understanding.