It's The Little Things...

VictorD

... that always put a smile on my face!

upload_2017-9-12_1-52-24.png

Last edited:

bobby747

Ardery really..its a concert trip surging at about 2.0 this is not 37 college trips...its 1 nice ride from lady gaga i guess..
that same ride in a taxi would be alot higher

VictorD

how is that possible?

Uber getting bit in the ass by their own "Upfront pricing" scam. Pax paid upfront fare based on route via 76, a route about 8 miles shorter but much longer timewise due to construction and an accident. Taking 95 & Blue Route was actually pax's idea. Got them home about 20 minutes ahead of the ETA of Uber's route.

Ardery really..its a concert trip surging at about 2.0 this is not 37 college trips...its 1 nice ride from lady gaga i guess..
that same ride in a taxi would be alot higher

Took it @ 1.9x. Map was showing 2.3-2.4x, but all I was getting was 1.2-1.3x, or no surge requests. Snagged this one after about 10 passes on others.

bobby747

Guys always take 676 ....tip on the day... never 76 no matter what...uber will get it back later

To be honest to better customer Experience create they get a better ride also...

Ardery

What's so odd about it? Without the surge it's $52. I took a ride from the airport to the same general area before and it cost somewhere in the fifties so this is about right.
noo, I'm not questioning the amount you were paid.

I thought the OP point was to show that the rider paid $92 but Uber only receives $90 of that.

I LOVE the fact it was a profitable ride...

VictorD

noo, I'm not questioning the amount you were paid.

I thought the OP point was to show that the rider paid $92 but Uber only receives $90 of that.

I LOVE the fact it was a profitable ride...

Nooo... UBER paid $92; the rider only paid $90.

Uber lost on the deal due their own pricing model.

Ardery

Nooo... UBER paid $92; the rider only paid $90.

Uber lost on the deal due their own pricing model.
How? I don't understand how.

that means Uber accepted the request - knowing it would be a loss?

im missing something...
(sorry)

VictorD

How? I don't understand how.

that means Uber accepted the request - knowing it would be a loss?

im missing something...

(sorry)

Not exactly. You see, Uber's upfront pricing model is basically a game of Russian Roulette for them, as their time and distance estimates are based on the presumption that all things are equal, meaning things like weather, road conditions, and even time-of-day traffic volume are not factored into the equation. What this creates from time to time is a scenario like Monday night where a route that is 8 miles longer in length actually produced a trip which was 20 minutes shorter in length due to road construction and an accident along Uber's route, neither of which were factored into the price quoted to the pax (and cannot be, as such occurrences are largely unpredictable and random).

And there's nothing that Uber can say about the choice that I made on my route because, during that time and in those conditions, I travelled the most efficient possible route, thereby giving Uber's customer the best possible experience that night in regards to their business with Uber.

And the more I think about that, the more I think that Uber should give me a written "thank you." Perhaps, even a little cash bonus to go along with it for providing such great customer service.:biggrin::wink:

Last edited: