It's slow and Lyft must be desperate!

FLKeys

Sunday mornings up until around 3 PM is usually good for a couple airport runs from Key Largo. Logged into both Uber and Lyft at 8 AM yesterday, damn I knew things were slowing down but it was silence all day, no pings at all. Finally around 6 PM (10 hours later) I get my first ping for the day, it's on Lyft. Damn Lyft must be desperate, pick-up request was for Walmart in Florida City, only 23 miles away and with the mass exodus out of the Keys every Sunday afternoon this would only be a 50-60 minute drive. Thanks but no thanks.

How desperate was Lyft? I can't believe there was not a closer ANT willing to take the call in South Florida. The map shows the reality of how stupid it was for Lyft to send this to me. Seriously someone as far away as Kendall could have got there quicker than I could have. There had to be hundreds of drivers closer than me.

walmart.jpg

Working4peanuts

I've said this before and I'll say it again.

THIS WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM IF UBER AND LYFT DIDN'T LIVE TO SCREW DRIVERS.

let's take your trip as an example. If Lyft would pay you 62 cents a mile to pick up that pax, you would. And the pax should be quoted a price reflecting there are no drivers around. IT'S CALLED SURGE. Come in Uber, you know all about that and customers do too.

JimKE

Two comments:
  1. You should have taken that ride. It was probably all the way to Homestead.
  2. What did Lyft give you as a pickup time...10 minutes?

FLKeys

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two comments:
  1. You should have taken that ride. It was probably all the way to Homestead.
  2. What did Lyft give you as a pickup time...10 minutes?
1. Oh boy, from one of the top most dangerous cities in Florida to another of the top most dangerous cities in Florida. :thumbdown:
2. Close 15 minutes. :confusion:

JimKE

1. Oh boy, from one of the top most dangerous cities in Florida to another of the top most dangerous cities in Florida. :thumbdown:
Most of Homestead is okay. Florida City, not so much.
2. Close 15 minutes. :confusion:
LMAO! For those who are not familiar with "The Stretch," FLKeys estimate of 50-60 minutes for that 23 mile drive on a Sunday afternoon is quite accurate. Maybe even a little optimistic.

It's a two lane highway with a concrete wall between the lanes to keep the cars apart, and any time after Noon on a Sunday it is a parking lot. Drunk fishermen towing their boats home after a weekend in the Keys -- BIG fun!

FLKeys

I see Florida City tops the list in 2019 for most dangerous city in Florida. Seems like Homestead is trying to clean up its act, it used to be in the top 10 a well. 2019 list does not show Homestead.

I have witnessed people getting robbed in the Walmart parking lot, one couple at gun point. If I must go there I am well armed.

HiDuuken

I see Florida City tops the list in 2019 for most dangerous city in Florida. Seems like Homestead is trying to clean up its act, it used to be in the top 10 a well. 2019 list does not show Homestead.

I have witnessed people getting robbed in the Walmart parking lot, one couple at gun point. If I must go there I am well armed.

I had a drop-off in Florida City one Wednesday night. Didn't realize it was dangerous. Thanks for the heads-up

JimKE

I had a drop-off in Florida City one Wednesday night. Didn't realize it was dangerous. Thanks for the heads-up
Yeah, there is just about NO decent area in Florida City -- and the adjoining areas of Homestead are pretty sketchy as well.

The area EAST of US 1 in Homestead is all fine south of SW 288 Street.

Naranja and Princeton are not in Homestead (further north), but steer clear of them.

WEST of the highway, I'm sure there are some okay areas further south, but I'd like to be NORTH of Campbell Drive (SW 312 Street in the County, NW 8 Street in the City of Homestead).

HiDuuken

Yeah, there is just about NO decent area in Florida City -- and the adjoining areas of Homestead are pretty sketchy as well.

The area EAST of US 1 in Homestead is all fine south of SW 288 Street.

Naranja and Princeton are not in Homestead (further north), but steer clear of them.

WEST of the highway, I'm sure there are some okay areas further south, but I'd like to be NORTH of Campbell Drive (SW 312 Street in the County, NW 8 Street in the City of Homestead).
I've done a lot more pick-ups/drop-offs in Naranja. Luckily I've had no problems.

FLKeys

I think Naranja is pretty hit and miss, don't know the area well enough. From my experience going there I can't say I have ever been uncomfortable. Don't know enough about the Princeton area, I only go to that area when I need something from Camp-Out and that is not often.

Picked up a few guys from Ocean Reef and was taking the to South Beach and they wanted me to stop at the discount liquor store in Florida City. I said fine this is the deal, I pull in you get out, I drive around the block multiple times until you text me you are ready to come out and I will pull in and get you guys, no way I'm sitting in that parking lot at 11:45 PM waiting on them. I also suggested that they don't walk out of the store until I pull up. They laughed it off, but agreed. After they came out the fully understood my concerns.

GreatOrchid

see how fast they give you the warning that to many cancelations from trying to just get out of a 2 hour shared ride comes cant be desperate

Working4peanuts

Lyft is desperate. I'm sick of them automatically adding pool rides to my queue.

Today, the paxhole wanted me to pick him up on an on ramp for the 95. I saw him, sped up, cancelled and drive off.

Effin Lyft didn't pay me the cancel fee.

Starting tomorrow, hitting last ride after accepting every ride.

Anyone notice that when you log off of lift now, it asks you if you want to log off after the last ride instead and keeps you online so they can assign another poo ride to you?

These @@@@@@@@ won't even let you log off anymore.

They are totally desperate.

GreatOrchid

they throw another ride in even if its not shared ride never ask you just have to do i get out of car to get the luggage and then when i get back and close ride thinking i can get outta there is another ride wtf very annoying and wait till you get that nasty email telling you wont be lyft driver long , yep just dont accept shared rides or always say is last ride people tip better than uber and rides are longer usually but lyft are butt heads like ubercab just like they are fubers horny cheapass sister lol

Jack Marrero

Sunday mornings up until around 3 PM is usually good for a couple airport runs from Key Largo. Logged into both Uber and Lyft at 8 AM yesterday, damn I knew things were slowing down but it was silence all day, no pings at all. Finally around 6 PM (10 hours later) I get my first ping for the day, it's on Lyft. Damn Lyft must be desperate, pick-up request was for Walmart in Florida City, only 23 miles away and with the mass exodus out of the Keys every Sunday afternoon this would only be a 50-60 minute drive. Thanks but no thanks.

How desperate was Lyft? I can't believe there was not a closer ANT willing to take the call in South Florida. The map shows the reality of how stupid it was for Lyft to send this to me. Seriously someone as far away as Kendall could have got there quicker than I could have. There had to be hundreds of drivers closer than me.

View attachment 312117
I live in Homestead, but drive in Miami. In Homestead, most of the rides are very short and little money involved. Ok if you're bored at home and want to make a few bucks.

Uber1010

View attachment 312117
And you so SS went so far to pickup that pax for lyft

FLKeys

And you so SS went so far to pickup that pax for lyft
If someone would drive that far for a most likely $2.50 trip they are nuts. My butt stayed in my recliner waiting for another ping.