Its over?

Ummm5487

After five 5 years a 4.93 rating uber decides to do a background check and because my Cdl dont have a passenger endorsement the people that do the background recommended i be deactivated....I explained the situation to uber they said theyll review it but itll take atleast 15 days...at this point im uninstalling the app and never looking back...i dont want to do business with people who would put me out of work for 15 day with no pay for their mistake....how cold and heartless can one company be?

Last edited:

Ummm5487

Then why CDL is needed to show Uber? Your regular driver license is the one to show Uber. Or Checkr find out you have CDL? Then you should talk to Checkr why they think you will be using CDL for Uber.
When they check your driving records all license you have comes up...its just checkr nor uber have the common sense or just the any interest in realizing the no passenger is only for my cdl....my regular license clearly say no restrictions...its their oversight that would cost me 1000's of dollars if i didnt have back up plans
Post automatically merged:

They arent really heartless.
Its more like inept or indifference ..
Ok

Jst1dreamr

After five 5 years a 4.93 rating uber decides to do a background check and because my Cdl dont have a passenger endorsement the people that do the background recommended i be deactivated....I explained the situation to uber they said theyll review it but itll take atleast 15 days...at this point im uninstalling the app and never looking back...i dont want to do business with people who would put me out of work for 15 day with no pay for their mistake....how cold and heartless can one company be?
Well there is the first lie they told you. Checkr does the background check but that is all they do, they don't make recommendations on what to do with the info they provide. That is all uber screwing you.

Ummm5487

Well there is the first lie they told you. Checkr does the background check but that is all they do, they don't make recommendations on what to do with the info they provide. That is all uber screwing you.
Checkr highlight possible issues...and my cdl not having a passenger endorsement was highlighted as a issue....uber takes atleast 15 days to make a decision...i find that totally unacceptable

Wildgoose

Checkr highlight possible issues...and my cdl not having a passenger endorsement was highlighted as a issue....uber takes atleast 15 days to make a decision...i find that totally unacceptable
I know the source of problem. Uber is using employees in India. They have no knowledge of USA classification on CDL. In Asia, Driver licenses are classified A,B,C,D. D and D is for Commercial Driving License for bigger truck and when you hold it you can drive A,B and C. When you hold C, you are eligible for A and B as well. But US is the great. It manage differently everything with the world. Like international labor day is May 1st but US is in September. US wants everything different. So in your case, Go to GH and talk to someone. A for agriculture tractor, B is for Motor Cycle, C is for personal Car, D is for Commercial - Taxi and Truck.

Ummm5487

I know the source of problem. Uber is using employees in India. They have no knowledge of USA classification on CDL. In Asia, Driver licenses are classified A,B,C,D. D and D is for Commercial Driving License for bigger truck and when you hold it you can drive A,B and C. When you hold C, you are eligible for A and B as well. But US is the great. It manage differently everything with the world. Like international labor day is May 1st but US is in September. US wants everything different. So in your case, Go to GH and talk to someone. A for agriculture tractor, B is for Motor Cycle, C is for personal Car, D is for Commercial - Taxi and Truck.
Hubs are close because of corona...and youre right...when i call checkr it sound exactly like the people at the uber service center....my problem is this....seem the same people that keep hacking US data bases are the same ones in charges of keeping us from getting hacked...why is everything out sourced to india?

Wildgoose

Hubs are close because of corona...and youre right...when i call checkr it sound exactly like the people at the uber service center....my problem is this....seem the same people that keep hacking US data bases are the same ones in charges of keeping us from getting hacked...why is everything out sourced to india?
if this is the case, try to write a note explaining what is CDL and what is regular license. Try providing some link in that note and send it to UBer via App. They will learn and they will know after reading it.

Ummm5487

You are doing yourself a favor by not working with either company. You have a CDL, find a local job that makes you 20-30 an hour and avoid rideshare like the plague.
Im doing lyft....im liking lyft better than uber....uber got to the point at night they would bully me away from the air port by bombarding me with trips 20 mins away...usually into some high crime area...even when the air port was busy...i haven't experienced none of this from lyft...i had a cdl permit...ill still have to take a class to get the actually license...i like driving toyotas more than driving big semis....

tohunt4me

Union is the only Way with Uber !

tohunt4me

Bingo! There's your answer - always have a backup plan. Relying on any gig job for one's welfare would be extremely foolhardy. They should not be confused with a reliable income source.
I did it for 3 years.
Then i heard of False Accusations & Warrantless Deactivations on U.P.

GOT A REAL JOB.
WORKING LESS.
PAID MORE.
PLENTY OF TIPS.
1/2 THE MILES ON MY CAR !