Inshur

Evlesoa

Well, now we know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-08-11-36-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-11-36-32.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 588

Evlesoa

It's a scum passenger on uber. Their complaints don't matter. Don't let it get to u. You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. I bet if you didn't say a word that customer would say "driver made the ride awkward by not conversing"

#Forget about it
I have to agree though. It really is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation. How can you be friendly if you don't talk? Man, that's just annoying.

Why would you talk?
Next time I'm putting on news in another language and listening to that. Idc if they don't like it. If they don't want to talk, fine. F them. I'll listen to stuff in other languages all the time. I didn't do it out of courtesy, but why should I anyway? No one cares.

Even better: I'm printing out the comment and posting it in the car for when someone talks to me. They see that, then they'll know I won't talk except in direct question-answer form.

NHDriver

I have to agree though. It really is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" type of situation. How can you be friendly if you don't talk? Man, that's just annoying.

Next time I'm putting on news in another language and listening to that. Idc if they don't like it. If they don't want to talk, fine. F them. I'll listen to stuff in other languages all the time. I didn't do it out of courtesy, but why should I anyway? No one cares.
Curious what your rating is lol

NHDriver

Suggestion to help you out, not sure if you want it but,, in my RS experience,,, IF the pax talks about what they want to talk about, higher chance of a tip and a 5 star and you don't have to talk. Just keep saying, "wow really?, OMG, How did that happen? or on the positive side, That sounds really nice would you do it again? Sounds like you had a good time, or It's really nice to talk to someone that is happy, Just a few short phrases that keep them chatting.

Evlesoa

Suggestion to help you out, not sure if you want it but,, in my RS experience,,, IF the pax talks about what they want to talk about, higher chance of a tip and a 5 star and you don't have to talk. Just keep saying, "wow really?, OMG, How did that happen? or on the positive side, That sounds really nice would you do it again? Sounds like you had a good time, or It's really nice to talk to someone that is happy, Just a few short phrases that keep them chatting.
Right, right. Yeah, you know what, I'm not engaging them. They can suck it. Lesson learned. F them. Pax are spineless, back-stabbing @ssholes. Wait for the next report, it'll be on the lines of: weird driver--never talks.
LoL.

NHDriver

Right, right. Yeah, you know what, I'm not engaging them. They can suck it. Lesson learned. F them. Pax are spineless, back-stabbing @ssholes. Wait for the next report, it'll be on the lines of: weird driver--never talks.
LoL.
LOL alright, good luck and Uber On!!!

Zubera

Talking to the pax will distract you from the road. You need to focus on the road and not to talk. Pax don't care if something happens to you. Think about safety first.

And there is always one pax out there who will report you for just anything regardless how good you are. Like this one
Capture+_2017-09-08-12-05-06.png

Evlesoa

Talking to the pax will distract you from the road. You need to focus on the road and not to talk. Pax don't care if something happens to you. Think about safety first.

And there is always one pax out there who will report you for just anything regardless how good you are. Like this one
View attachment 156244
The problem is when it comes to REALLY long rides. Or short ones. I sometimes am genuinely interested in what someone's profession is. They take that as a "bad thing." But I don't JUST talk about random stuff--I only ask questions. It is what it is. Now I don't care about what people I do. I don't care about their day. I'm their chauffeur. I don't get distracted easily, either...

Suli_B

As the passenger gets in the car I do the usual Hi, followed by the name check, and end with "how are you doing?" That's it. Then it's up to the passenger if they want to start a conversation. I just turn on the music and avoid awkward silence. Never had an issue.

Zubera

As the passenger gets in the car I do the usual Hi, followed by the name check, and end with "how are you doing?" That's it. Then it's up to the passenger if they want to start a conversation. I just turn on the music and avoid awkward silence. Never had an issue.
What happens if they don't like your music then?

NHDriver

IMG_0220.PNG IMG_0221.PNG IMG_0222.PNG IMG_0223.PNG IMG_0224.PNG

View attachment 156244
I disagree good convo brings good tips and ratings. I carry 4.95 on uber 4.96 on lyft.

Inshur New York