It's not slow, it's just...

PDT

They aren't giving you the rides. By you, I mean, me.

It's busy out there. Uber has not suddenly experienced a major drop in ride requests.
Just today a driver mentioned that he experienced stacked rides all weekend. Good for him. Not me. Last weekend (sat) I sat at Wisconsin and Newark at 10pm-across from Cactus cantina and Barcelona. They are packed. When I rolled up there were 4 cars picking up. I sat there for 20 minutes, app on, while at least 10 Uber's shows up, and me without 1 ping (snif,snif).

I recall fondly those (few) days when I felt one with the uber app where it worked me like a dog for 10 hours non-stop. Ride after ride-20- 25rides +/$250+. Life was good. But short-lived.

Yes, August might have experienced a small seasonal decrease-however, anybody go down to the National Mall? In July, I spent a great deal of time picking up tourists. August, not so much. And it wasn't because there weren't any people there. It was mobbed. But, NO SOUP for me!
As I said in another post -imho- uber is profiling you. In real time.

They don't like you down rating pax-cost them $ and pisses of the paying customers. Frankly, uber doesn't care if they are a'holes to you. Now, I rate everybody a 5. Except that f'ing 4.3 dude yesterday (4.3!!) My rating has plummeted because of retaliation ratings by Bad pax because they know it was me that downrated them (flaw).

Uber sides with Pax-100%. I am also pretty sure I had a false claim on me last week that has negatively affected the algo.

I do think that uber on-boarded a large number of new lease-holders. If you were Uber and you just figured out that you were losing 9k per car (how is that even possible?)
Would you steer rides to the leasees? I think so.

Just my humble opinion (s).

They don't seem to count my 5 star ratings and negative ratings never drop off and have 10x impact on your rating.

Good luck!!
I fully expect to be deactivated within 30 days.

yankdog

It's busy out there. Uber has not suddenly experienced a major drop in ride requests.
Just today a driver mentioned that he experienced stacked rides all weekend. Good for him. Not me. Last weekend (sat) I sat at Wisconsin and Newark at 10pm-across from Cactus cantina and Barcelona. They are packed. When I rolled up there were 4 cars picking up. I sat there for 20 minutes, app on, while at least 10 Uber's shows up, and me without 1 ping (snif,snif).

I recall fondly those (few) days when I felt one with the uber app where it worked me like a dog for 10 hours non-stop. Ride after ride-20- 25rides +/$250+. Life was good. But short-lived.

Yes, August might have experienced a small seasonal decrease-however, anybody go down to the National Mall? In July, I spent a great deal of time picking up tourists. August, not so much. And it wasn't because there weren't any people there. It was mobbed. But, NO SOUP for me!

They don't like you down rating pax-cost them $ and pisses of the paying customers. Frankly, uber doesn't care if they are a'holes to you. Now, I rate everybody a 5. Except that f'ing 4.3 dude yesterday (4.3!!) My rating has plummeted because of retaliation ratings by Bad pax because they know it was me that downrated them (flaw).

Uber sides with Pax-100%. I am also pretty sure I had a false claim on me last week that has negatively affected the algo.

I do think that uber on-boarded a large number of new lease-holders. If you were Uber and you just figured out that you were losing 9k per car (how is that even possible?)

They don't seem to count my 5 star ratings and negative ratings never drop off and have 10x impact on your rating.

Good luck!!
I'm sorry this is happening to you. When it happened to me in the Spring, I fixed it by RADICALLY altering my driving pattern. I assume that was what helped start getting pings again. Predictability is not your friend. I'm just guessing at this

roadman

Good luck!!
I am convinced they won't deactivate you if you are making them money, unless you were to do something severe, like kidnapping an Uber Listen, then torturing, beheading, and protesting outside their downtown offices with the head on a stick.

PDT

I am convinced they won't deactivate you if you are making them money, unless you were to do something severe, like kidnapping an Uber Listen, then torturing, beheading, and protesting outside their downtown offices with the head on a stick.
Good to know. Thanks!!

yankdog

Hmm I didn't know this was an option...

New2This

Someone's given this some thought...

tumblr_nbrphk5Ehw1rkeon8o1_500.gif

FjhWCoR.gif

Chapindc

Good luck!!
I started with a rental, then bought a Corolla & ditched the rental, then my wife's car @@@@@@ went bad & wasn't worth fixing, gave her the Corolla & got me a Camry hybrid lease, it never made a difference as to getting more pings or stacked in any batmobile, btw I love the camry, 41 mpg avg & very comfortable, way cheaper than the stupendous pos rental

artemis

Maybe stay close to metro stations? From what I hear in my car, people who use ride share often switch up their water holes often these days. So staying at the same place might not work out for the best.

But yeah, this lack of pings is pissing me off. Went from a comfortable 400-500 a week to just over 200.