1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

It's Here: Disco Uber

Discussion in 'Stories' started by SadUber, Jul 8, 2017.

1. SadUber

SadUber Well-Known Member

Guys, I finally got my car back from the shop. As you can imagine, I was very excited to try out my new Uber recording. I did not even drive my car home! The Pax really seem to like it! The irony is that there was so much concerned about having different recordings for different demographics. What I have found, is it the black people that seem to love this recording the most! So I definitely do not see a need to make any new recordings. This one is going over great.

The one thing I have found about many Friday and Saturday night Pax that I pick up from the bars, is that they are still not done partying for the night!

A few weeks ago, I had to pick up a couple from a bus called party bus. They said this is a bus with music and partying in it. This of course made a light bulb pop up in my head. Why not make party Uber?

I was thinking of what I would need for this, and in reality it is very little. My car already has very nice speakers that can connect to a smartphone. So all I need to add is a disco ball, disco lights, and maybe a smoke machine.

I have already but the disco lights. The rest should be simple to get. I'm just sad that consuming alcohol in my car cannot be allowed.

I will keep you updated on how it goes!

2. Wiseleo

Wiseleo Member

Go for it. I have a full karaoke system in my minivan. Really.

It's an iDance Cube BC100, which conveniently runs on 12v, which means it will run on the car's power without converters. It has built in disco lights. I lay it on its side so the lights do not hit my windshield. They are bright enough to delight my customers but not bright enough to attract cops. You can buy it for about $45 at Fry's and online.

I also have 2 Samson RS21S microphones. They are about $25 each and come with a 15' XLR to 1/4" cable and an on/off switch. There is a windscreen built into the capsule. They are much better than the junk mic that comes with the box. If your customers know how to sing, they will be impressed by the mics.

My system has ability for my passengers to connect through Bluetooth without messing up my own Bluetooth settings. I can press one button and tell them to connect to the box through Bluetooth. They can play whatever they want, love the experience, and tip me very well (i routinely get cash tips in $20 increments). ;) Since they control the music, all I do is just smile and drive.

You know your passengers are having a good time when they complain they weren't stuck in 47 minutes of traffic long enough.

A lot of my passengers use the system. Most surprisingly, I had entire families singing.

3. SadUber

I love it! Your setup sounds even cooler than what I am working on. I would love to see some videos of your karaoke mobile in action. I'll try to get some videos of mine when it is up and running also.
    We'll have to exchange ideas for more things in the future. You sound like you really know what you are doing. I just had a professionally prepared audio made for my Uber this week. Have you seen it yet?

I have been working on another Uber project that will be more suitable for daytime hours. Unfortunately, one of the mosy important materials that I need are kind of expensive. I don't want to Spill the Beans what I am working on for my other project, but it involves a net on the ceiling, and the initials will be JU.

robg77 likes this.
  4. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

I ordered some LED lights that are supposed to change colors to music to put under my seats. I'm glad to hear your voice went over so well!

Jdemonto, SadUber and robg77 like this.
  5. robg77

robg77 Member

I have been doing this for some time. But I made my own disco ball out of aluminum foil. I bought a Styrofoam ball from a craft store and glued small pieces of aluminum foil all over it. I hung the (small) ball over the back seat of my car. I don't use a smoke machine though. I think that might get a little distracting. I do play disco music at times, but mostly just the regular radio. I have found that most passengers enjoy it, except one (who is black). She thought it was tacky (go figure).

I can't wait to hear about your next Uber project, SadUberSadUber! Keep us updated! I love reading your absolutely true (and definitely not made up) stories! I don't care what other people on this forum -- designed for Uber drivers to share legitimate ideas or discuss problems -- say about you. You are not a troll!

SadUber likes this.

6. 105398

105398 Well-Known Member

I play every episode of NPR's StoryCorps on a loop as loud as I can without damaging the speakers. I removed the volume knob so it can't be turned down.

7. SadUber

This is what I love about this site. The brainstorming power and the ideas from other Uber drivers is just incredible!
    Yes I have thought about the smoke machine could be a distraction, but you can always control how much smoke comes out and I can always open the windows if there's too much. Unfortunately I will be spending most of the next couple of days putting away a lot of items that I have boxed up. I have just moved into a new place!

Hans GrUber and robg77 like this.
  8. robg77

robg77 Member

Upload pics of your new place! I would love to see it. I just moved into a new place myself. Very stressful! Brought oranges over to my new neighbors today. They loved them! I think I am going to love it here!

9. SadUber

Agreed! There is nothing more stressful than Moving Day. It seems these things always happen on the hottest muggiest day of the year. I was commenting how I wish there was a Uber Haul type of service that I could use in some people here said there already is! I am kicking myself for not knowing that. It would be well worth the cost if it's under $200. At least thinking about Uber made the time go by fast while I was moving.

Wow, I wish you were my neighbor! I love oranges. At my last residence, my neighbors were not very neighborly at all!

I could show you some pictures of a bunch of boxes in my living room now, LOL. It definitely does not feel like home sweet home yet.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  10. Jagent

Jagent Moderator Moderator

SadUberSadUber you can buy a chauffeur hat on Amazon. That would go great with your disco van and gift bags.

11. Fuber in their faces

Fuber in their faces Well-Known Member

Is anyone else starting to think maybe he really isn't a troll and just desperate for approval?

12. Uberingdude

Uberingdude Well-Known Member

Are you going to send photos?

tohunt4me likes this.
  13. SadUber

Update: the smoke machine is a "no go."

I'll have to use dry ice.

14. Fuber in their faces

Fuber in their faces Well-Known Member

That's going to be a hazard...touching dry ice is like touching an open flame.

tohunt4me and TimyTim like this.
  15. steveK2016

steveK2016 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Nothing new. There's at least 6 separate Uber vehicles in Atlanta that are "Disco Ubers" although fog machine is way too much and may be a hazard for driving.

I only recall the model on two of them, one was a Kia Soul and the other was a Honda Pilot.

I like my ambient lights as it tends to calm my pax, I wouldn't go Disco and go full party mode as that would just make them rowdy.

I don't want rowdy pax, I want calm pax.

16. Uberingdude

Uberingdude Well-Known Member

I am curious, what is JU? Japan Uber? Jacked up car Uber? Jail Uber?

17. DenverRose

DenverRose Member

Oh my! I don't know. Jazz Uber?

18. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm not sure which is worse

Flacco and Uber Arnie like this.
  19. SadUber

Nope. Good guesses though.