It's here, accept your next trip even while you're already on a trip

ldriva

As someone who only works the surge, I don't like it. I want to opt-out. If this becomes permanent I may be out

Emp9

yeah during the mornings i work surge, unless the next pax is at surge too , why would i want to accept it, and also this may kill surging alltogether as many bobo drivers will accept anything

Bart McCoy

Is this what that new update was about?

yeah
basically before you drop off a pax, you'll get a ping while you're still on the trip
however for next couple of weeks, you wont know who it is you're picking up until after you drop off your current pax. They said in 2 weeks you'll have the info you needed to decided if you want to accept the next ping or not. But for now you have to accept trips in the blind, or risk that acceptance rate (accepting and cancelling fast cant work here)

Emp9

yeah
basically before you drop off a pax, you'll get a ping while you're still on the trip
however for next couple of weeks, you wont know who it is you're picking up until after you drop off your current pax. They said in 2 weeks you'll have the info you needed to decided if you want to accept the next ping or not. But for now you have to accept trips in the blind, or risk that acceptance rate (accepting and cancelling fast cant work here)
oh crap . this may be good in the suburbs, but wait cant see their rating also?

Get Dat Money

Currently no one can opt out..this seems more of a way to control the drivers behavior..no more accept/cancel..they caught on & implemented changes..suppose one had to relieve ones self after drop off..are you saying we can't Uber..suppose I wanted to take a moment to eat..are you saying I can't Uber..Once again Uber 1 Driver 0..it probably wouldn't be bad if they made it so that..if you're a TNC & you get sent to VA then you'll most likely stay or get stuck in VA..OH SNAP IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT..KEEPING MORE TNC DRIVERS OUTTA DC..THUS CREATING A GREATER SURGE POTENTIAL..HMMMM

UberRalph

Shit.... I accept and cancel all the time.. I guess I'll see what this is about tonight.. Logging on right now....

Emp9

i like how uber sent 0 emails or texts to explain how it works and if u need to go offline after?

UberRalph

What if your customer decides they want 'mac cheese and bacon with jalapeño' at a drive thru?
I do drive thru stops.. It's only happened like 3 or 4 times ever but yea I don't tell them no.. Had a group of dudes tell me to wait while they went into 5 guys.. (On a 1.8 surge) and I ended up waiting for 50 minutes.. Ride cost them $65 at the end of the trip..

Emp9

nevermind i did get the email. just read it.l says nothing about going offline , u have to ignore the ping and take accepence ding.

Bart McCoy

oh crap . this may be good in the suburbs, but wait cant see their rating also?

i think it may be GREAT for the suburbs, esp for far out greater Maryland. Like if im dropping off in the sticks and im 5min away with a pax, its better to get me, than to get the next available uber 25min away

Currently no one can opt out..this seems more of a way to control the drivers behavior..

well you dont have to accept,you can always let it ping out. but of course that'll lead to deactivation. And yeah, if you're trying to avoid an area,it'll make it real hard when you get a ping before you even finish the ride. what is this last trip you wanted to go home? but denying the ping goes against your acceptance rate....

Shit.... I accept and cancel all the time.. I guess I'll see what this is about tonight.. Logging on right now....
cant accept and cancel without Uber knowing about it and taking action eventually

Anyone else get a lot of 5 star customer? Seems like I get at least 5 or more a day.. Just got another one right now..

lots of new riders are. But i dont think their ratings update as often as a driver does. Out of 10 trips I'd say 6 or 7 are always 5 stars for me

uberslame

This won't work in practice...much like self driving cars or Uber eats... It's a bunch of tech bros masturbating to their "innovation"... Cock suckers...