• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Its dead in OC

soonsoon

Got a long ride from Culver to Newport non surge still $65 but been here since 2pm, had lunch at KFC and nothing happening. Wonder if I should dead mile to John Wayne. bored..

AmyinOC

I feel you! Been out for 30 minutes nothing yet. Don't think we can play the surge game at all. Will wait a little longer then go to the gym.

soonsoon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I feel you! Been out for 30 minutes nothing yet. Don't think we can play the surge game at all. Will wait a little longer then go to the gym.

Which gym are we talking about? Maybe I'll join you..haha. I don't think we're suppose to flirt in this forum..not that I was or anything...well maybe..just a little.

soonsoon

I don't know how you Uberx drivers make it here in OC. I'm used to the hustle bustle style in LA county. I've had more time looking at this forum than driving..lol

I should've drove back to LA at 1:30 but thought I'd give this area a try. New Port, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Huntington, Hotels.. so many cars not enough demand. in my world, DEAD. I've had more Lyft rides than uber for the first time.

Lyft = 3
Uber = 2

Surge only last 5 minutes...lol (not trying to bash you OC) but for real, what are you drivers doing out here? Maybe I'm just here on slow day or not at the right place but so many cars just sitting everywhere.

anyways, I'm hitting myself in the head. poor decision but now I'm stuck,too much traffic at least until 7 or 8. ahhhh!

Amy, what's the name of the gym? need to relieve some stress

AmyinOC

I don't know how you Uberx drivers make it here in OC. I'm used to the hustle bustle style in LA county. I've had more time looking at this forum than driving..lol

I should've drove back to LA at 1:30 but thought I'd give this area a try. New Port, Costa Mesa, Irvine, Huntington, Hotels.. so many cars not enough demand. in my world, DEAD. I've had more Lyft rides than uber for the first time.

Lyft = 3
Uber = 2

Surge only last 5 minutes...lol (not trying to bash you OC) but for real, what are you drivers doing out here? Maybe I'm just here on slow day or not at the right place but so many cars just sitting everywhere.

anyways, I'm hitting myself in the head. poor decision but now I'm stuck,too much traffic at least until 7 or 8. ahhhh!

Amy, what's the name of the gym? need to relieve some stress
I think it's better at night time but I only drive a few hours in the afternoon, 3 days a week. Don't make minimum wage that's for sure, but it's better than just stay at home. I can't find any other job with such good time flexibility.

[email protected]

It is nearly impossible to play the surge game in OC unless you are near one of the beaches. I start in Anaheim, if I am lucky I get a long ride to Newport Beach and stay there to practice my surge game. But almost 100% of the time I have to dead-mile it back to Anaheim.

Blah

Irvine is dead too
OC is pretty bad.... I only drive from 6am to 12pm. After that, it's a lot of short trips (grocery store, gym, etc...).

I use to drive 9pm to 12am as well, but lately those trips been frustrating. I hate it when I get stuck in Fullteron at night. Just a bunch of college students going to downtown Fullerton.

After a few weeks of driving, I've found my starting point city in the morning (which I'm not sharing. lol) and usually get a good 6-7 trips in by 10am.

soonsoon

I'm home taking soju shots
I work day shift 9 - 7. Gave up nights long time ago. Too much stress.

I do pretty well as long as I stay in LA area. The demand and the surges are consistent enough to find a good grove allowing me to pick my rides and plan accordingly.

As I've been monitoring this forum for the past few months and I've finally joined..haha, I respect the proof to be legit policy this forum enforces. My personal goal is $190 net earning per day and I normally achieve it except when I get taken out of the area like today. I thank my creator for providing and grateful for His grace. it's the choices that we make that defines our path.
Screenshot_2015-08-18-19-54-48.png

IUberULongTime

I drive from midnight to 4am in the Long Beach area for the past 13 months. Seems to get a lot more ping there than in OC. I live near the Westminster Mall and usually just dead mile straight to LB. Couple months ago, I had an Asian masseuse who worked nearby Westminster and she would get off work at 11:45pm every night. I would just wait around the area, get her ping and take her home in Long Beach. A perfect way to start my night.

BlueBloodJustice

Irvine is always dead, i hang out in newport beach. Always get good rides there. I gross between $1,000 and $1,600 weekly. Stay out of huntington beach, its always been hell for me. Picked up a psycho bit** and her friend last night and ended up stoping the ride 3 miles in it and kicking them out.

Blah

Irvine is always dead, i hang out in newport beach. Always get good rides there. I gross between $1,000 and $1,600 weekly. Stay out of huntington beach, its always been hell for me. Picked up a psycho bit** and her friend last night and ended up stoping the ride 3 miles in it and kicking them out.
I hear that! Every time I have to take a PAX to main street huntington beach, I turn my app off after the drop off and drive at least 5 miles away from that god forsaken street.

Bilzy4

In the summer during the week the Laguna to Huntington area is definitely a no-go zone. Beach PAX that bring the sand to your car. There's not enough business/airport traffic to support the number of cars in the system during the business day. Pick your spots and adjust your schedule accordingly.

IUberULongTime

Are you a police officer ?

OCDodgerFan

OC is usually pretty slow, especially during the week. That's why I head into LA County. Lotsa money on the West Side...

Amsoil Uber Connect

I'm always kept busy when I'm their. Although it was a Friday last week I never made it to Costa or HB, and never stare at the riders app like I do out here. Tuesdays are typical slow and should try OC then.