Its a Woman Thing!

waldowainthrop

Its 2020. I dont think you are allowed to determine gender.

9 out of 10 times its a folk who slams my doors. Sometimes the folks have breasts....sometimes the folks have mustaches
I don’t know how much you are joking but I love when people joke about post-genderism because you are making it happen. One post at a time we will start to care about gender less and less. You can keep talking about sex, though. It’s all good and less malleable.

Cold Fusion

Its 2020. I dont think you are allowed to determine gender.

9 out of 10 times its a folk who slams my doors. Sometimes the folks have breasts....sometimes the folks have mustaches
For the latest door slam update refer to my new Baltimore
friend @Marvelousone

Uberchampion

I don’t know how much you are joking but I love when people joke about post-genderism because you are making it happen. One post at a time we will start to care about gender less and less. You can keep talking about sex, though. It’s all good and less malleable.
Im in Toronto, the melting pot of the world. The OP's post was a bit sexist.

To be totally honest, the people who slam my doors are usually referred to as "Ass-holes". Thats gender neutral and there really is no pattern. God makes some people nice and some into ass-holes.

Shit. I mentioned god.....its 2020, am I allowed to do that?😁

waldowainthrop

Im in Toronto, the melting pot of the world. The OP's post was a bit sexist.

To be totally honest, the people who slam my doors are usually referred to as "Ass-holes". Thats gender neutral and there really is no pattern. God makes some people nice and some into ass-holes.

Shit. I mentioned god.....its 2020, am I allowed to do that?😁
Yeah, the main categories of people I am concerned with are people who are decent to others and people who are not.

I don’t think the OP was sexist in a really bad way. It’s just that “what does gender really have to do with it?” But if I saw evidence of a group of people doing something significantly differently from a separate group, that would be an interesting correlation to look at. I don’t think that is sexist, on its own.

The thread title was playing into stereotypes, which is why I called it out as sexist. Bias and bigotry based on stereotypes aren’t necessarily the worst thing, but people who take their biases seriously should be prepared to justify their beliefs with evidence and maybe a reason why the beliefs are even worth considering.

I thought the thread was funny and mostly harmless either way.

Uberchampion

Yeah, the main categories of people I am concerned with are people who are decent to others and people who are not.

I don’t think the OP was sexist in a really bad way. It’s just that “what does gender really have to do with it?” But if I saw evidence of a group of people doing something significantly differently, that would be an interesting correlation to look at. I don’t think that is sexist, on its own.
I agree, there was no intent to be sexist from what I read but it was, its no different then some of the threads I read on here when race is mentioned even though it has no correlation to the event the poster is talking about.

There are a lot of threads on UP that start with 'So I picked up this black lady" or "So the Chinese guy in the back said..."

The OP could have said "I hate people who slam my door" but by mentioning a gender being part of the observation threw me off.

I think a lot of Uber drivers forget that regardless of Race, creed, religion, gender, sexuality.....as Uber/Lyft drivers we are always going to be considered the lowest common denominator😁