• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ithica, Oneida, Utica, Cooperstown, Norwich, Auburn, Oswego, Owego, Delhi, Cortiand & Wampsville

Maven

There are a number of cities, town, and counties that are geographically closer to Binghamton/Syracuse than Albany, Buffalo/Rochester, or other current NYS forums. Until and unless we get enough interest expressed for a separate forum for these places in <https://uberpeople.net/threads/upstate-ny.172494/> there should be somewhere they can discuss their Ridesharing and local issues. Do we want to be inclusive and offer them a home? Do you think that should be in the Binghamton/Syracuse forum or one of the other existing forums? Here's the map that I worked with and the list that I derived.

City or Town / County
Utica / Oneida
Oswego / Oswego
Auburn / Cayuga
Owego / Tioga
Delhi / Deleware
Cooperstown / Otsego
Norwich / Chenango
Cortiand / Cortiand
Wampsville / Madison

Which important cities, towns, villages, or counties have I left out?
Should they all have a home here, or just some? Which ones and why?
Who's In & Who's Out? What do you think?

Last edited:

221CNY_UBERdrver

Herkimer will likely get a boost when the fall semester begins for HCCC at end August. Faster than the busses, less expensive than taxis.

Herkimer, Mohawk, Ilion, Frankfort are all so close together, then there's Little Falls to the east. South, up 28 you have Richfield Springs.

I'd group all five on RT 5 and 5S together as a group due to proximity with Utica. From Little Falls to Utica is 23 miles according to Google Maps.

On the other end you have New Hartford, Marcy (SUNY Polytech) , Oriskany, New York Mills, and more. Then there's Rome, Barneveld, Trenton, and Remson.

If you use Utica as center, all of this could be make subsets of it. But, the people in those areas will want to still use both the Syracuse and Albany based boards, guaranteed.

Jurisinceptor

An I-88 corridor would be great and later you could break it up by Geo points for example: I-88, Binghamton to Oneonta.

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
An I-88 corridor would be great and later you could break it up by Geo points for example: I-88, Binghamton to Oneonta.
You may have a great idea, :smiles: but there is so little activity in this forum as it is that it would be hard to justify breaking it up. :frown: See
https://uberpeople.net/threads/are-binghamton-syracue-that-boring.196953/

However, if you are still determined then follow the instructions at
https://uberpeople.net/threads/adding-a-city-to-the-forum.635/

wst1459

Ithaca is getting SWAMPED with drivers coming from other areas. My fare requests and rates have dropped drastically in last 2 weeks. Please go back to your own markets

221CNY_UBERdrvr

Ithaca is getting SWAMPED with drivers coming from other areas. My fare requests and rates have dropped drastically in last 2 weeks. Please go back to your own markets
All of upstate is "our" market for Uber.
@@@@@ing people isn't going to help.

They will likely go elsewhere when they realize they're not making as much after the drive to and from, though it may be a few weeks.

Currently, I drive 60 miles to Syracuse because of a dirth of calls in my home area. I wouldn't drive that far if local traffic was better.

Maven

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Anybody driving the North-East corner of New York State? I mean the counties of St. Lawrence, Franklin, Clinton, and Essex. Is this considered the Adirondack Coast? There are at least two airports good for business, Ogdensburg International, Plattsburgh International, and lots of picturesque sight-seeing. More on the airports here. If it gets slow then depending on where you are, Montreal and Burlington, VT are not that far.

Last edited:

221CNY_UBERdrvr

Albany International has a specified waiting area for the airport. I checked it out yesterday.
I couldn't find the info on where the staging area was, so asked a Sheriff's Deputy - he didn't know.
I went around thinking it was in the taxi area, and as I pulled up realized it was gated, so pulled into the middle to do some research, two SDs came up to me asking what my business was. One was the one from before, the other knew where to send me.
Lyft staging area is in a small paved lot next to the DOT shop on the left on Heritage Ln. The picture is from Google maps to show where it is. It gets filled up fairly quickly and you can end up sitting waiting for an hour easily. The hails come in waves with each arrival.
JPG shows where the staging area for ALB is.

Attachments