1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

It seems to be super slow lately.....

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Kidd, May 16, 2017.

1. Freebyrdie

Freebyrdie Well-Known Member

Indeed....Lyft didn't have the rental program last year. If drivers ar staging everywhere on strip....get off the strip. There are plenty of rides in the surrounding outskirts.

PowersAssociates likes this.
  2. Vegas E

Vegas E Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Some good ones too...

Freebyrdie likes this.
  3. VegasRickster

VegasRickster Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Slow day for me too....$101 uber $9 lyft $22 cash tips in 5.5 hours....accidentally accepted a pool ride and completed it....lol

Attached Files:

4. LVC

LVC Well-Known Member

First three hours (3:30-6:30) was going good, then the fish quit biting. One hour without a ping on Uber or Lyft. Just happened to be near GVR, now doing my other gig, up $50 so far.

IMG_1203.PNG

5. PrestonT

PrestonT Well-Known Member

Night off. You're all welcome LOL

6. TransporterX

TransporterX Well-Known Member

$245 for 12 hrs.

7. Freebyrdie

Some of my best rides to date.

XL right? I have XL envy. Would get one but can't tow it behind my RV. I'll just keep doing the UberX hustle and grind.

8. TransporterX

TransporterX Well-Known Member

XL.

9. LVC

LVC Well-Known Member

Same here, I want to do XL too, maybe Select also. But wondering if the extra $$$ made is enough to cover the cost of a more expensive vehicle required to operate on those platforms.

When you deduct the cost of a vehicle with higher operating expenses to do XL and Select does an XL/Select driver net that much more than an X driver with a vehicle that has much lower operating costs.

Freebyrdie likes this.
  10. PrestonT

Most places I went this week, I looked at the rider app and it looked like ants on sugar.

Freebyrdie and PowersAssociates like this.
  11. Stripzip

Stripzip Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Busy as hell... All pool all strip and downtown. (rider added, rider added, rider added) I only accepted three pings last night but took 16 trips because of add ons. Made **** money, but was busy.

12. Freebyrdie

Hopefully you reformed some more riders to pledge never to take pool again. I have flat told riders when you pay less on pool it's good for you, it's good for Uber, but, us drivers make less money. I hate pool tourists.

It was a saturated kind of week for sure. The insanity of 200 drivers at the airport will surely discourage many new recruits who wait God only knows how long for a minimum fare. I pulled in to staging after an airport drop.....queue had 94 Uber and 112 Lyft! Wtf? The bumper party looks like a full on union meeting, or something, jus can't figure that one out. I waited 10 minutes, Uber queue only down to 88. Oh hell no...outta there! Every property yesterday was looking like a taxi staging line with all the rideshare lined up. Move to the outskirts......all freaking pool and line. Not only were they pool and line, they were 10-12 minutes away. I broke one of my own rules and called a line to see where their destination was. My trip to pick them up was 5 times farther then the 2 miles or so to their destination. I apologized and told her I would cancel and she needed to request again to find a closer driver. She went off on me, I told her sorry lady...I'm all out of free rides today. This weekend will be better. Memorial Day and edc can come soon enough. Just hopefully not soon enough to encourage all the new ants to keep driving.

13. PrestonT

I'll be in Mexico during EDC. Why is it I'm thinking I'd rather not be dealing with EDC?

14. Freebyrdie

It's the glitter. The glitter you will still finding in your car a year later. Like Christmas tree pine needles. They never go away. The benefit to Christmas tree pine needles though is that you get a nice release of pine scent every time you vacuum. Lots of entitled millenials with rich daddies funding their escapades. Last year, they even rolled out Uber helicopter. On the up side.....the ones on molly LOOOVVVEEEE you.

15. PrestonT

love me long time?

And glitter np, I have an 8 yo daughter.

16. Freebyrdie

Not long time...but in a deeply spiritual everything is everything we are all one life is beautiful kind of way. Little girls are the best...I had two of them and loved every minute. Still do, they be my best friends!

17. PrestonT

So not in a bumping uglies kind of way? Mexico, here I come.

18. Freebyrdie

No but it sure feels good when you touch my arm kind of way lol

19. Michael-MS

Michael-MS Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I got tipped about 80 cents in change last EDC.. That was my only tip that weekend haha

20. kojeislandincha

kojeislandincha Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Doing what?