It looks like the $600/week FREE CHEESE is to get extended!

It’s not extended yet. They are not anywhere near ready to vote on it yet. Plus they are going on break for about 2 weeks. They won’t be back till I think July 17th and the $600 ends July 25th. They are usually not to fast so we’ll just have to see what happens.

It technically ends July 31st which is a Friday but most unemployment weeks end on Saturday or Sunday, so that $600 for that week won’t be paid because it’s not a full week.

Last edited:

DelaJoe

Let us see, we the people still have to pay for

- Iraq war
- 2009 bailout
- Obamacare
- Free prescription drugs
- Trump tax cut
- Coronavirus pandemic

It is like we have an unlimited credit card which is now over $26,000,000,000,000 (TRILLION). http://www.usdebtclock.org
So each taxpayer now owes the government $211,000 in order to pay off the debt. But no worries...we have lowered the interest rates to ZERO!!!!

rkozy

Yeah....I don't know what "news source" this is, but Congressional Republicans were not happy about the $600/week PUA back when America was actually shut down. They passed it because they needed to calm the fears of a New Great Depression emerging. Now that America has declared (falsely) a victory over COVID-19, there's no way I see Mitch McConnell agreeing to extend these over-the-top benefits any longer.

There's going to be another stimulus -- probably another $1,200 check -- coming before the election. It won't be nearly enough. People without jobs and without savings are going to be tossed out into the streets, just in time for the chilly fall weather.

jeanocelot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let us see, we the people still have to pay for

- Iraq war
- 2009 bailout
- Obamacare
- Free prescription drugs
- Trump tax cut
- Coronavirus pandemic

It is like we have an unlimited credit card which is now over $26,000,000,000,000 (TRILLION). http://www.usdebtclock.org
So each taxpayer now owes the government $211,000 in order to pay off the debt. But no worries...we have lowered the interest rates to ZERO!!!!
Uh, the interest on anything at a 0% interest rate is $0 ...

And since the USA is completely self-sufficient - or could get to that place if foreigners started charging too much - so the currency exchange rate has no effect aside from that on American tourists.
Post automatically merged:

There has been no change. Senate GOP still a no go n not budging.
You seem to not take into account that the man in the White House couldn't care less about deficit spending, and the only thing on his mind is a quick recovery so that he could win re-election. Plus, the Repubs want COVID indemnification for their corporate masters.

Last edited:

The Gift of Fish

And since the USA is completely self-sufficient - or could get to that place if foreigners started charging too much - so the currency exchange rate has no effect aside from that on American tourists.

You seem to not take into account that the man in the White House couldn't care less about deficit spending, and the only thing on his mind is a quick recovery so that he could win re-election. Plus, the Repubs want COVID indemnification for their corporate masters.
Are you originally from a country outside the US?

Johnny Mnemonic

so the currency exchange rate has no effect aside from that on American tourists.
I'm afraid that's not how it works.
Might want to check this out...

• Changes in exchange rates may not seem to affect most people in their everyday lives, but indirect effects are more widespread than many realize.
  • When exchange rates change, the prices of imported goods will change in value, including domestic products that rely on imported parts and raw materials.
  • Exchange rates also impact investment performance, interest rates and inflation - and can even extend to influence the job market and real estate sector.

Last edited:

SHalester

You seem to not take into account that the man in the White House couldn't care less about deficit spending,
nope, wrong. I take into account what is reported. Senate has not budged from their intial reaction to extending PUA benefits. A few things were floated, they all died. There is no bill in process (in the senate) as of this writing. GOP says no, that's it.

Really, my efforts would be in the 'hero pay'; that would be cheese I could enjoy.

_Tron_

If the Republicans allowed passage of the Cares Act as a means to keep the natives from getting restless, i.e. prevent mass riots, than they may be thinking twice about another round of payouts.

In all seriousness, the spike in cases from reopening, especially during this warmer weather, does not bode well for an economic recovery. Stimulus or no stimulus. On the other hand we can't shut down again. I don't think a full blown lockdown will be tolerated. If so we may get the following:

• Economic activity may continue to rise
• Infections rates will go to record high
• The susceptible will be forced to keep sheltering, take extreme precautions, or suffer
• Hospitals will get over stressed from the inflow (already reported in some states)

Was it all worth it then? Shutting down the economy in the first place? Well, remember the early mantra: Flatten the curve. If medical institutions have been able to shore themselves better in the intervening months for an onslaught of C19 hospitalizations, then yes, perhaps. Otherwise.....

Last edited:

IRME4EVER

I totally agree. Trump is more concerned about re-election. Trump said as we all know "Slow the testing down, please". That's not helping with the issue that we are all dealing with. Americans deserve more answers than what we are being told.
Arizona Governor Ducey (Republican) keeps the state going as if nothing is happening! There have been violations sent out to several bars, but according to him, their liquor license will be in danger as he stated after lockdown. But bars/clubs also served chips (loophole).
People in bars/clubs beyond, like a typical party night
Ducey lies to us in Arizona. Because he owns Coldstone Creamery. He wants his own business to make $$.

islanddriver

It’s not extended yet. They are not anywhere near ready to vote on it yet. Plus they are going on break for about 2 weeks. They won’t be back till I think July 17th and the $600 ends July 25th. They are usually not to fast so we’ll just have to see what happens.

It technically ends July 31st which is a Friday but most unemployment weeks end on Saturday or Sunday, so that $600 for that week won’t be paid because it’s not a full week.
it ends July 26

TheDevilisaParttimer

No one wants to acknowledge this but inflation is already creeping up.

They call it temporary Covid pricing but I dont think the cost of goods will return to pre-covid levels.

The cost of food, medical supplies, toiletries, and all manner of things are already 10-30% higher with no end in sight.

Iann

It's presidential voting time.
Donny T needs all the votes he can get.
He already thinks the black community is dumb as rocks and they believe the money is actually from him and will vote for him in return.

He already lost the Asian community by calling the Coronavirus the Kung Fu Virus.

We're getting another stimulus and PUA so the Republicant's can try and keep the House.

SinTaxERROR

Republicans will certainly lose control of the senate if they are not helpful in sustaining people’s basic needs at this point in time.

Unemployment will spike as California, Texas, and Florida begin to spike with CV19.

Take the FPUC ($600.00) away, see what happens come November. It will be game over for Republicans.

Think people were rioting out of control when getting this extra $$$$...? Can’t wait to see the riots after it has been taken away...

Valar Dohaeris

It's presidential voting time.
Donny T needs all the votes he can get.
He already thinks the black community is dumb as rocks and they believe the money is actually from him and will vote for him in return.

He already lost the Asian community by calling the Coronavirus the Kung Fu Virus.

We're getting another stimulus and PUA so the Republicant's can try and keep the House.
As to your first point, they might be. The black community has voted D for the past 70 years and then scratch their heads when their neighborhoods look worse today than they did in 1990. Keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

As to your second point, the Asian vote is already Democrat. Considering Asians by and large are a two parent household, impress upon their children hard work and education, I have no idea why they skew D. Many inner-city Asians face racism from, you guessed it, blacks.

The correct pluralization of "Republicants" would be without the apostrophe. You aren't overly bright, are you?