It is good to put my car to work with Uber?

Rodger

I have a 2016 Hyundai Equus Signature
I ask uber office and they put my car on uberx category I hear that on x driver do not make enough money uber select is so slow uber black you have to have a PUC permit.

Jimmy Bernat

You should be able to get it on select and select you can stay busy, then switch to X when surge goes higher
But that's a pretty expensive Hyundai to be putting it on UberX or select that car will depreciate like crazy no need to speed the process up

agtg

I feel like I'm listening to a learn a language record. "No, it is not good to put your car to work for Uber."

Jimmy Bernat

I'm perplexed how it doesn't qualify for Select
As am I it qualifies in a lot of other markets including bigger markets like Chicago
Im surprised they won't make am exception but I'm guessing it's the Hyundai name, hyundai doesn't exactly scream luxury it scream Korean crap even though they've been making good cars for a few years now it takes a long time to shake a reputation
My dad started doing Uber / Lyft part time not too long ago and they added his Audi A3 to Uber Select and it's not in the list and the back seat on that car is super small smaller then my BMW 3series which us on select (but maybe shouldn't be with that small back seat)

BobCat Ridge

Hey Jimmy, is your Dad driving the A3 in the Denver area by chance?

As am I it qualifies in a lot of other markets including bigger markets like Chicago
Im surprised they won't make am exception but I'm guessing it's the Hyundai name, hyundai doesn't exactly scream luxury it scream Korean crap even though they've been making good cars for a few years now it takes a long time to shake a reputation
My dad started doing Uber / Lyft part time not too long ago and they added his Audi A3 to Uber Select and it's not in the list and the back seat on that car is super small smaller then my BMW 3series which us on select (but maybe shouldn't be with that small back seat)

Digits

Hello every body Uber accept my car as Uber select now and ready to be on Uber Black in the next 4 month.
Anybody who is in Uber black How is the market?
Congrats for hopping on the select bandwagon. I think Uber black would be quite sloooooowww, you could try it as it will be easy on your mileage on a new car with longer wait times. Good luck!

The Mollusk

Hmmm....something doesn't quite pass the sniff test. Let's dig a little and see if you guys come up with the same possibilities as I did ...

- OP pays 65k for car
- OP pays 65k FOR A HYUNDAI
- OP wants to work for Uber, at best 20-30k a year.
- If OP paid 60k-70k for a car, then he's obviously a man of means and wants to do Uber as a hobby
- OP is old and retired. OP is bored.
- OP is a troll
- OP inherited a tidy sum and is neglectful. Spent 65k on a 20k car and is about depreciate it to match, didn't do any homework at all on Uber and is about to receive some real world education.

OneDay

It's funny these forums are encouraging your competition but you guys still don't think many read them. Wait as your business gradually dimishes.