It happens...

Jdemonto

just got my second Tucson run yesterday! I was at sky harbor had a noshow (dead cell) and canceled! Damn it, it was to anthem and would have stopped and went home!

Then this happens....

Attachments

• IMG_1354.JPG
    IMG_1354.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 136

KingGoober

Had the opposite experience today... a whopping 1/3 of a Mile!!! When I arrived and tried to close-out the ride on the app it said I needed to begin the ride before I could end it!

Attachments

• IMG_2891.PNG
    IMG_2891.PNG
    41 KB · Views: 74

AZAV8R

Had the opposite experience today... a whopping 1/3 of a Mile!!! When I arrived and tried to close-out the ride on the app it said I needed to begin the ride before I could end it!
Exactly why I don't even think of doing X unless it's a 5.0X surge...Just not worth it.

JHRussell

I had a similar thing happen Saturday night. Took these lazy fools from Topgolf to the hotel that's right behind it. App told me the trip was too short to be completed. It said to either cancel the trip or drive further. So I did a few laps around the hotel and was able to close out.

Jdemonto

Hi. Where are you getting 45 min rides in Tucson?

Since I don't work in Tucson often I will share.

Airport
Ore valley
Oracle rd (near scottsdale like hotels)

Also big surges/prime time at UOA but I'm sure it's no different than working ASU!

Kaliman

just got my second Tucson run yesterday! I was at sky harbor had a noshow (dead cell) and canceled! Damn it, it was to anthem and would have stopped and went home!

Then this happens....
I don't know what to make of this? I would not drive about 260 miles for $140. I would want to at least make $200 or more for that distance (and yes, I know Tucson is only about 125 miles one way but you have to get back)

Jdemonto

I don't know what to make of this? I would not drive about 260 miles for $140. I would want to at least make $200 or more for that distance (and yes, I know Tucson is only about 125 miles one way but you have to get back)

The key is too stay and work! Never leave and drive back right away. On this trip I ended up in Tucson at 2pm, my last trip was at 10:30am.

SEAL Team 5

I had a similar thing happen Saturday night. Took these lazy fools from Topgolf to the hotel that's right behind it. App told me the trip was too short to be completed. It said to either cancel the trip or drive further. So I did a few laps around the hotel and was able to close out.
You should of stayed at the Hampton until they served the free breakfast. The bagels are to die for. Toast em to a golden brown and load some cream cheese on them. Heaven!!!
Had some retired ball players staying there 2 years ago for a charity golf tourney. I ate there every morning as I waited for their drunk asses to wake up.

Khota

Since I don't work in Tucson often I will share.

Airport
Ore valley
Oracle rd (near scottsdale like hotels)

Also big surges/prime time at UOA but I'm sure it's no different than working ASU!

Hi, thanks for replying. What do you mean by "Scottsdale like hotels"?

taxisuper

Do the math. If the guy went down and turned around and came back he has a maximum of 5 hours invested in the trip. That works out to $28 an hour. I'd do that any day.

SEAL Team 5

Hi, thanks for replying. What do you mean by "Scottsdale like hotels"?
That's the Tanque Verde area up in North Tucson on the way to Summerhaven. It's about the only nice place in Tucson. It sounds like Jdemonto had a decent run that only got better because he was smart and capitalized on some fares down in Tucson. Being smart in this industry is the only way you can even make a little money.