Uber Drivers Forum banner

It finally happened

4K views 53 replies 21 participants last post by  UberwhoIaM 
#1 ·
Last night, I foolishly accepted a low rated pasenger(4.66) on a pool trip—it was a high surge. The trip was fairly normal. I remember the girl asking me, “no music?” to which I responded, “no, I am boring guy.” But it wasn’t a big deal. Besides that, she just talked to her friend—it was a ride for two—about being a wh@re, e.g., begging a dude she met on Tinder to come over to Long Branch from NYC.

Getting to the main point: Uber suspended my account because I was accused of being “under the influence.” I checked my trips, and lo and behold, I found the trip where the passenger paid no money. Obviously, this trashy college bimbo is a scammer. But here’s the thing: why would someone stay in car for 14 minutes with a driver who is under the influence? (That’d be like going to a restaurant, eating a meal with poop on top of it and go complain afterwards.)This shows how much Uber thinks of its drivers. Low-rated, pool trip, high surge...any person with a brain would know such a pax is type to make up an accusation in order to get out of paying for an expensive trip.

#20 ·
Amazing, you and your buddies still log into and ARE A MEMBER of a website that is full of FOOLS! Why are youv even a member here then? I personally don't have any problems making decent money driving X.....

I despise many of the things this company does to it's so called "PARTNERS" but this is NJ law being enforced here. It's an automatic 24 - 48 hours "just in case" and they do investigate. This was included in the law passed May 2017 because previously Uber and Lyft did nothing with these types of complaints. It is merely intended to be precautionary. Better to take the driver off the road then risk the possible horror stories an intoxicated driver could write if it were a valid accusation. It isn't an automatic response but instead all of these types of issues are directed to an over worked state side Critical Response Team. The only way anyone can be put back on in 30 minutes like a member posted is if the pax has a record of filling these types of complaints. Uber realizes the likelyhood of someone having multiple issues with intoxicated drivers is highly unlikely. Since May of 2017 absolutely no written response to Uber on it's own will get you back on the platform. I've heard of drivers immediately going to GLH and have CSR see they aren't intoxicated and getting put back on earlier. Bottom line is he will most likely be put back on within 24 - 72 hours provided he doesn't take the members ridiculous advice about paying pax a visit. This is also a 3 strike situation.

The OP and some others seem to think this is unfair but how would you say it should be handled? Ignore it and let the driver continue to drive? Some of these accusations are valid.

#4 · (Edited)
Last night, I foolishly accepted a low rated pasenger(4.66) on a pool trip-it was a high surge. The trip was fairly normal. I remember the girl asking me, "no music?" to which I responded, "no, I am boring guy." But it wasn't a big deal. Besides that, she just talked to her friend-it was a ride for two-about being a wh@re, e.g., begging a dude she met on Tinder to come over to Long Branch from NYC.

Getting to the main point: Uber suspended my account because I was accused of being "under the influence." I checked my trips, and lo and behold, I found the trip where the passenger paid no money. Obviously, this trashy college bimbo is a scammer. But here's the thing: why would someone stay in car for 14 minutes with a driver who is under the influence? (That'd be like going to a restaurant, eating a meal with poop on top of it and go complain afterwards.)This shows how much Uber thinks of its drivers. Low-rated, pool trip, high surge...any person with a brain would know such a pax is type to make up an accusation in order to get out of paying for an expensive trip.
Canteev, you sound like a smart guy and your posts are always worth reading. Experience teaches that we never win when we stand toe-to-toe with any PAX. Uber has no concept of American due process nor any inkling of fairness. You're guilty until proven innocent and since there are so many ignorant ants to step up and drive with their tails between their legs, Uber doesn't need drivers of quality who challenge the status quo. All Uber cares about is their cut... and at the top of their wish list is "how to get rid of the annoying, expensive driver corps." They believe that we are an inconvenient barrier between them and their PAX customer, whom they collect their revenues from.

IF you continue to accept those problematic rides, it becomes only a matter of time before this or something worse happens again. If nothing else changes, there's nothing that we thinking drivers can do about this but to avoid the obvious risks in the first place. You need to write a long note to support telling them that she tried to come on to you, that she was drunk and didn't take no for an answer. And that you got the distinct impression that she's done this before to game the system. You need to fight fire with fire and not back down.

#7 ·
"how to get rid of the annoying, expensive driver corps." They believe that we are an inconvenient barrier between them and their PAX customer, whom they collect their revenues from.
This is Uber's biggest flaw. They view their business all wrong. The pax are not their customers. WE are their customers. The pax are our customers. If you think I'm wrong just look at the tax form they send you every year. Every penny the pax pays goes to you then you deduct what you, as the driver, pays to Uber.

#5 ·
Last night, I foolishly accepted a low rated pasenger(4.66) on a pool trip-it was a high surge. The trip was fairly normal. I remember the girl asking me, "no music?" to which I responded, "no, I am boring guy." But it wasn't a big deal. Besides that, she just talked to her friend-it was a ride for two-about being a wh@re, e.g., begging a dude she met on Tinder to come over to Long Branch from NYC.

Getting to the main point: Uber suspended my account because I was accused of being "under the influence." I checked my trips, and lo and behold, I found the trip where the passenger paid no money. Obviously, this trashy college bimbo is a scammer. But here's the thing: why would someone stay in car for 14 minutes with a driver who is under the influence? (That'd be like going to a restaurant, eating a meal with poop on top of it and go complain afterwards.)This shows how much Uber thinks of its drivers. Low-rated, pool trip, high surge...any person with a brain would know such a pax is type to make up an accusation in order to get out of paying for an expensive trip.
She's probably a hard core gold digger. Tinder isn't about "true love", it's (often) about gifts or money, in exchange for sex. She knows how to use her Tinder date, she knows how to use her Uber driver too.
Sad but true.

#6 · (Edited)
In those fourteen minutes, she only talked getting ran through by different guys and about rent money. She even told her friend a story about a man offering to pay her rent in exchange for sex-her friend had a similar story about a guy offering money for sex. It almost fell as if they were throwing some hints out there for me. I am 32 years old, and I think about these young girls' fathers. These young girls are total trash, willing to sleep with any man.

Canteev, you sound like a smart guy and your posts are always worth reading. Experience teaches that we never win when we stand toe-to-toe with any PAX. Uber has no concept of American due process nor any inkling of fairness. You're guilty until proven innocent and since there are so many ignorant ants to step up and drive with their tails between their legs, Uber doesn't need drivers of quality who challenge the status quo. All Uber cares about is their cut... and at the top of their wish list is "how to get rid of the annoying, expensive driver corps." They believe that we are an inconvenient barrier between them and their PAX customer, whom they collect their revenues from.

IF you continue to accept those problematic rides, it becomes only a matter of time before this or something worse happens again. If nothing else changes, there's nothing that we thinking drivers can do about this but to avoid the obvious risks in the first place. You need to write a long note to support telling them that she tried to come on to you, that she was drunk and didn't take no for an answer. And that you got the distinct impression that she's done this before to game the system. You need to fight fire with fire and not back down.
I seriously thought about writing Uber saying that she called me the "n" word, but I couldn't bring myself to do such a thing. Accusing me of committing a crime because she didn't want to pay $30-$35 is sick and disgusting. If she can do this to me, what would stop her from accusing a dude of raping her after turning her down or after hitting and quitting? But I'll explore all my options, including making this a legal issue if I have to.

#21 ·
For the record, I am not deactivated. It’s some useless protocol by Uber to put any account on hold for 24-48 hours after such an accusation. This is Uber just protecting its back. I have never been reported for anything before, so I am not too worried. Either way, I am going to think about pursuing this legally. To her, it’s just a scheme to get out of paying an expensive Uber trip, nothing more. She’s not thinking about any collateral damages. She should have to deal with the consequences of her action. Moreover, I had a thirty-minute trip less than an hour later with a young man who would vouch for my sobriety. That’s the first person Uber should contact. Her getting her account suspended isn’t enough.

#25 ·

If I was in that situation, after the trip I'd rate 1 star and file a complaint against the rider. Use of obscene language, profanities, infact I'll be specific and quote some of her lines. Fact is Uber never penalizes the rider 99% of the time but the driver is up for fry once an allegation comes up. Never let anything slip.

#26 ·
Last week I accept a 45+on Lyft. Pompton Lakes to Brooklyn. He was okay going through Staten Island and i was hungry for some good pizza so I took it.

As I start he tells me to hurry, he's late for work. I pull around the corner and he asks to stop at the quick check..... strike two...I stop because now I'm looking to get out of this. He goes in the store and never comes back. I waited 5 minutes then stopped the ride.

I got the feeling this guy was up top something so I one stared him. Then I called Lyft and told them the guy was crazy and I didn't feel safe so I dropped him at the quick check.

I grab an uber ride shortly after. During the ride I get a text from Lyft with him claiming a lost item. I respond that there is nothing in my car. When complete I tried to go back on line with Lyft. Yep he reported me as drunk and driving with an open container.

I called Lyft and was passed to the safety department. I was back on line in 15 minutes.

You have to CYA with these nut jobs.

#29 ·
Last week I accept a 45+on Lyft. Pompton Lakes to Brooklyn. He was okay going through Staten Island and i was hungry for some good pizza so I took it.

As I start he tells me to hurry, he's late for work. I pull around the corner and he asks to stop at the quick check..... strike two...I stop because now I'm looking to get out of this. He goes in the store and never comes back. I waited 5 minutes then stopped the ride.

I got the feeling this guy was up top something so I one stared him. Then I called Lyft and told them the guy was crazy and I didn't feel safe so I dropped him at the quick check.

I grab an uber ride shortly after. During the ride I get a text from Lyft with him claiming a lost item. I respond that there is nothing in my car. When complete I tried to go back on line with Lyft. Yep he reported me as drunk and driving with an open container.

I called Lyft and was passed to the safety department. I was back on line in 15 minutes.

You have to CYA with these nut jobs.
There was nothing out of the ordinary with the trip. Bar me saying I wasn't playing music, I had no communication with the two girls. Actually, before I checked my trips, I would have guessed three or four other passengers before this filthy bimbo. The only red flag was the bad rating.

#28 ·
but did you see what happened on New Year's Eve that should answer your question
Yes I did see what happened NYE.... Both apps including cash tips and hitting this quest bonus

Font Screenshot Technology Rectangle Clock

I was just shy of $600... this was my bar close ride....

Product Font Line Magenta Logo

Here's a couple other event rides from earlier in the week....

Font Material property Screenshot Circle Logo

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

These are all UBER X rides..... just because you can't make this gig work doesn't mean the top 10% - 20% of drivers can't make this part time gig work.....

#43 ·
Yes I did see what happened NYE.... Both apps including cash tips and hitting this quest bonus

View attachment 396395

I was just shy of $600... this was my bar close ride....

View attachment 396396

Here's a couple other event rides from earlier in the week....

View attachment 396397

View attachment 396398

These are all UBER X rides..... just because you can't make this gig work doesn't mean the top 10% - 20% of drivers can't make this part time gig work.....
Still the fare stud I see! Good for you. I've been neck deep in my new job since April but I'll be back in it in the new year, part time. Uber & Lyft have been gracious enough to bump the ago out on my Expedition for two/one more years respectively.

#30 ·
That's complete nonsense. Here's how it's unfair: a person just accused me of committing a crime, and she's being rewarded with a free ride. I don't depend on Uber for my main income, so I am not too bothered about lost wages. However, that's still an issue. This is not some idiot saying she didn't take the ride, which would just be a fare adjustment. It's someone saying I put her life in danger. Again, if you don't see the problem with that, then you're part of the problem.
What don't you understand about it being written into the Legislation passed May 2017? I completely agree if she was lying and it wasn't perception that you were high or drinking or smelled the previous pax weed smell you should mske her regret lying but I'm sorry to say Uber isn't in the wrong here. They have to act on every accusation.... Or do you think you're special and should be treated differently then every other driver rightly or wrongly accused?

#33 ·
I never asked for your advice, so I am not sure what you're spouting on about. As I stated before, just because Uber is allowed to do something doesn't mean it's right. It's called principles. You might be okay with someone accusing you of committing a crime, but I am not. And the fact that you're more concerned about me saying that this is a shame rather than the fact that a female making a false accusation about me shows how twisted your mind is.

You are the type of person who would have been okay with segregation because it was the law. How dare Rosa Parks not give up her seat...right? How dare her thinking she deserves special treatment, right? Yes, it's totally okay for Uber to suspend or deactivate an account because a passenger made up a story. I think God I am not like you. When I see injustice, I speak out. I don't care if you like it or not.

#34 ·
There is no investigation. Just an automated message and 24-48 hours will be reactivated again. Having dash cam videos for these complaints have no impact at all
Haven't had alcohol for a decade but 18 months ago I got hit with driving while intoxicated claim. Two minutes in the Hub and I was immediately back online. Paxhole who made the false claim did the same on his last 7 rides. Uber has no checks and balances for pax. They get caught when WE complain. Uber compensated me $50 too.

#38 ·
Lmao..... confess dude.... if that's the first thing you come up with as an analogy it just proves you love throwing the race card around.... twice in the same thread you turned the conversation towards race..... admitting you'd file a false report and then this analogy..... "oh the injustice".... someone accused you of committing a crime.... the world has come to an end!!!

#41 ·
I never said I would file a false report as I could never bring myself to fabricate a story about someone-but that's what she deserves. Moreover, I am still laughing at your attempt at threatening to send my picture to Uber as if that will scare me. That's the most low-life, pathetic thing I've read on here...a driver thinking he can blackmail another driver, you coward. Just think the kind of person you have to be to have such a thought in your head. But I'll help you out. I'll put the exact picture that I currently have on Uber; it'll make your snitching a bit easier.

#44 ·
Update: my account has been reactivated. I think it’s likely that it’s because it’s been 24 hours, but I did call an hour ago and threaten to go to the police tomorrow and file a report, which I am still considering. I’ll try to contact the police station in Long Branch and ask if I can take any actions.

#48 ·
Update: my account has been reactivated. I think it's likely that it's because it's been 24 hours, but I did call an hour ago and threaten to go to the police tomorrow and file a report, which I am still considering. I'll try to contact the police station in Long Branch and ask if I can take any actions.
First, do you have a dashcam?
If no, forget it.
If yes, take proof and go to the prosecutor's office. Say you'd like to press charges...explain it all.
He will subpoena Uber to provide you the pax real name and address. File a claim then in Small Claims Court.
Lawyers are NOT allowed in Small Claims, so it's much less intimidating.
The judge will hear both sides and if he decides in your favor, you'll get a judgement against her. It will be just a few hundreds but worthwhile.
She won't be able to open any new credit cards, or get an auto loan or mortgage till the judgement is paid. You can take the judgement to her employer and he is legally obligated to garnish her wages and pay you, assuming she earns well over minimum wage. The entire process is far less complicated than it sounds. Good luck.

ps: don't bother with the police. LOL. this is a civil matter, not criminal/ cops can't do anything.

#46 ·
Why would the police follow up? Personal dispute between two parties.

Uber would definitely not give you any personal information of the passenger.
That is not a personal dispute. It's actually defamation. I got reactivated, but what if I weren't? She'd be responsible for lost wages-I know I'm not an employee. And finding personal information isn't hard. Moreover, this is more about letting the girl know that all actions have consequences. I don't care about Uber or being deactivated. However, it still comes down to principles. I would guess it's very likely that she knows this game, maybe from friends and not personal experience, of accusing a driver of such things will lead to a refund. I doubt she wanted me to be deactivated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.