It finally happened

Canteev

Last night, I foolishly accepted a low rated pasenger(4.66) on a pool trip—it was a high surge. The trip was fairly normal. I remember the girl asking me, “no music?” to which I responded, “no, I am boring guy.” But it wasn’t a big deal. Besides that, she just talked to her friend—it was a ride for two—about being a [email protected], e.g., begging a dude she met on Tinder to come over to Long Branch from NYC.

Getting to the main point: Uber suspended my account because I was accused of being “under the influence.” I checked my trips, and lo and behold, I found the trip where the passenger paid no money. Obviously, this trashy college bimbo is a scammer. But here’s the thing: why would someone stay in car for 14 minutes with a driver who is under the influence? (That’d be like going to a restaurant, eating a meal with poop on top of it and go complain afterwards.)This shows how much Uber thinks of its drivers. Low-rated, pool trip, high surge...any person with a brain would know such a pax is type to make up an accusation in order to get out of paying for an expensive trip.

FlyingFortress

Author
Last night, I foolishly accepted a low rated pasenger(4.66) on a pool trip—it was a high surge. The trip was fairly normal. I remember the girl asking me, “no music?” to which I responded, “no, I am boring guy.” But it wasn’t a big deal. Besides that, she just talked to her friend—it was a ride for two—about being a [email protected], e.g., begging a dude she met on Tinder to come over to Long Branch from NYC.

Getting to the main point: Uber suspended my account because I was accused of being “under the influence.” I checked my trips, and lo and behold, I found the trip where the passenger paid no money. Obviously, this trashy college bimbo is a scammer. But here’s the thing: why would someone stay in car for 14 minutes with a driver who is under the influence? (That’d be like going to a restaurant, eating a meal with poop on top of it and go complain afterwards.)This shows how much Uber thinks of its drivers. Low-rated, pool trip, high surge...any person with a brain would know such a pax is type to make up an accusation in order to get out of paying for an expensive trip.
Canteev, you sound like a smart guy and your posts are always worth reading. Experience teaches that we never win when we stand toe-to-toe with any PAX. Uber has no concept of American due process nor any inkling of fairness. You're guilty until proven innocent and since there are so many ignorant ants to step up and drive with their tails between their legs, Uber doesn't need drivers of quality who challenge the status quo. All Uber cares about is their cut... and at the top of their wish list is "how to get rid of the annoying, expensive driver corps." They believe that we are an inconvenient barrier between them and their PAX customer, whom they collect their revenues from.

IF you continue to accept those problematic rides, it becomes only a matter of time before this or something worse happens again. If nothing else changes, there's nothing that we thinking drivers can do about this but to avoid the obvious risks in the first place. You need to write a long note to support telling them that she tried to come on to you, that she was drunk and didn't take no for an answer. And that you got the distinct impression that she's done this before to game the system. You need to fight fire with fire and not back down.

Last edited:

Slim Pete

She's probably a hard core gold digger. Tinder isn't about "true love", it's (often) about gifts or money, in exchange for sex. She knows how to use her Tinder date, she knows how to use her Uber driver too.
Sad but true.

Canteev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
She's probably a hard core gold digger. Tinder isn't about "true love", it's (often) about gifts or money, in exchange for sex. She knows how to use her Tinder date, she knows how to use her Uber driver too.
Sad but true.
In those fourteen minutes, she only talked getting ran through by different guys and about rent money. She even told her friend a story about a man offering to pay her rent in exchange for sex—her friend had a similar story about a guy offering money for sex. It almost fell as if they were throwing some hints out there for me. I am 32 years old, and I think about these young girls’ fathers. These young girls are total trash, willing to sleep with any man.
Post automatically merged:

Canteev, you sound like a smart guy and your posts are always worth reading. Experience teaches that we never win when we stand toe-to-toe with any PAX. Uber has no concept of American due process nor any inkling of fairness. You're guilty until proven innocent and since there are so many ignorant ants to step up and drive with their tails between their legs, Uber doesn't need drivers of quality who challenge the status quo. All Uber cares about is their cut... and at the top of their wish list is "how to get rid of the annoying, expensive driver corps." They believe that we are an inconvenient barrier between them and their PAX customer, whom they collect their revenues from.

IF you continue to accept those problematic rides, it becomes only a matter of time before this or something worse happens again. If nothing else changes, there's nothing that we thinking drivers can do about this but to avoid the obvious risks in the first place. You need to write a long note to support telling them that she tried to come on to you, that she was drunk and didn't take no for an answer. And that you got the distinct impression that she's done this before to game the system. You need to fight fire with fire and not back down.
I seriously thought about writing Uber saying that she called me the “n” word, but I couldn’t bring myself to do such a thing. Accusing me of committing a crime because she didn’t want to pay $30-$35 is sick and disgusting. If she can do this to me, what would stop her from accusing a dude of raping her after turning her down or after hitting and quitting? But I’ll explore all my options, including making this a legal issue if I have to.

Last edited:

BigSlick

"how to get rid of the annoying, expensive driver corps." They believe that we are an inconvenient barrier between them and their PAX customer, whom they collect their revenues from.
This is Uber's biggest flaw. They view their business all wrong. The pax are not their customers. WE are their customers. The pax are our customers. If you think I'm wrong just look at the tax form they send you every year. Every penny the pax pays goes to you then you deduct what you, as the driver, pays to Uber.

JohnnyJets

In those fourteen minutes, she only talked getting ran through by different guys and about rent money. She even told her friend a story about a man offering to pay her rent in exchange for sex—her friend had a similar story about a guy offering money for sex. It almost fell as if they were throwing some hints out there for me. I am 32 years old, and I think about these young girls’ fathers. These young girls are total trash, willing to sleep with any man.

I seriously thought about writing Uber saying that she called me the “n” word, but I couldn’t bring myself to do such a thing. Accusing me of committing a crime because she didn’t want to pay $30-$35 is sick and disgusting. If she can do this to me, what would stop her from accusing a dude of raping her after turning her down or after hitting and quitting? But I’ll explore all my options, including making this a legal issue if I have to.
Tell Uber you have her home address and will be making a visit to her shortly. Also, you have contacted an attorney and will be suing the passenger for lost wages. Go to the hub, not over the phone.

JohnnyJets

canteev wouldn't be stupid enough to follow your advise. if he says he's going to "visit her", that will be taken as a THREAT and he will be permanently deactivated.
He’s already deactivated. The contract between him and Uber is over. There’s no way to contact the passenger directly unless he goes to visit her. It’s all how you set it up.

Wex

I got accused of being under the influence last year. I sent a very well thought out reply stating that I take uber very seriously and the safety of my passengers. I was back online in 30mins after being deactivated

Slim Pete

He’s already deactivated. The contract between him and Uber is over. There’s no way to contact the passenger directly unless he goes to visit her. It’s all how you set it up.
it's temporary - he will be reactivated once those clowns complete their "investigation". On the other hand, if he threatens to "visit her house," it's gonna be permanent.
i don't know what race she was, buf if an uber driver, especially a black guy, shows up at her door, she just needs to call 911, and she'll get a restraining order against him, and uber will permanently deactivate him.

plus given her history of lying, all she needs to do is get a little "flowery" with her words and actions, think "oh my gosh, my formerly drunk Uber driver, shows up banging on the door of my private residence, threatening to kill me, and now I'm too scared to step out"....that kind of BS....media will lap it up, and if she's a media @@@@@, she'll love the attention, plus get a good bit of $$$ from Uber as compensation for emotional trauma.

and canteev won't just be kicked out, but won't be able to get a job anywhere else too, once his name is on the Internet.
Your advise to go visit her, is the stupidest type of advise anyone can gve, just being frank.

JohnnyJets

it's temporary - he will be reactivated once those clowns complete their "investigation". On the other hand, if he threatens to "visit her house," it's gonna be permanent.
i don't know what race she was, buf if an uber driver, especially a black guy, shows up at her door, she just needs to call 911, and she'll get a restraining order against him, and uber will permanently deactivate him.

plus given her history of lying, all she needs to do is get a little "flowery" with her words and actions, think "oh my gosh, my formerly drunk Uber driver, shows up banging on the door of my private residence, threatening to kill me, and now I'm too scared to step out"....that kind of BS....media will lap it up, and if she's a media @@@@@, she'll love the attention, plus get a good bit of $$$ from Uber as compensation for emotional trauma.

and canteev won't just be kicked out, but won't be able to get a job anywhere else too, once his name is on the Internet.
Your advise to go visit her, is the stupidest type of advise anyone can gve, just being frank.
You’re missing the point but ok. And there’s no guarantee Uber will reactivate him at all. And race? Really? That’s where we are going? Wow. Now that’s dumb.

Mikemike88

You’re missing the point but ok. And there’s no guarantee Uber will reactivate him at all.
There is no investigation. Just an automated message and 24-48 hours will be reactivated again. Having dash cam videos for these complaints have no impact at all

AcuramanTSX

Wow that is really horrifying. I’m sure you’ve heard this for the millionth time but do you have a dash cam and footage? If not, you need to get one today! And definitely fight this if you can. It’s one thing to be a scumbag passenger trying to cheat out of a fare but I agree, to accuse someone of a crime to steal 30-35$ Is sick and disgusting and just unexplainable. I would file a police report if you have time, just so it can be documented.

Last edited:

UberwhoIaM

Lol Uber driving is for fools
Amazing, you and your buddies still log into and ARE A MEMBER of a website that is full of FOOLS! Why are youv even a member here then? I personally don't have any problems making decent money driving X.....

I despise many of the things this company does to it's so called "PARTNERS" but this is NJ law being enforced here. It's an automatic 24 - 48 hours "just in case" and they do investigate. This was included in the law passed May 2017 because previously Uber and Lyft did nothing with these types of complaints. It is merely intended to be precautionary. Better to take the driver off the road then risk the possible horror stories an intoxicated driver could write if it were a valid accusation. It isn't an automatic response but instead all of these types of issues are directed to an over worked state side Critical Response Team. The only way anyone can be put back on in 30 minutes like a member posted is if the pax has a record of filling these types of complaints. Uber realizes the likelyhood of someone having multiple issues with intoxicated drivers is highly unlikely. Since May of 2017 absolutely no written response to Uber on it's own will get you back on the platform. I've heard of drivers immediately going to GLH and have CSR see they aren't intoxicated and getting put back on earlier. Bottom line is he will most likely be put back on within 24 - 72 hours provided he doesn't take the members ridiculous advice about paying pax a visit. This is also a 3 strike situation.

The OP and some others seem to think this is unfair but how would you say it should be handled? Ignore it and let the driver continue to drive? Some of these accusations are valid.