• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

It Doesn't Sound Like Rape To Me - What Do You Think ?

Did he rape her or not

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Desperado

I'm interested in what you guys think about the rape case. Here are the facts as I understand them:
1. The driver picked up the male/female couple at Windjammers on the Isle of Palms.
2. The driver was a 6th grade teacher with a wife and children and no prior record of any kind.
2. The driver was ugly.....not exactly the kind of guy a college age hottie wants to ditch her boyfriend for.
2. Both the PAX were sloppy drunk (as almost always would be the case picking up people at Windjammers.)
3. The driver made the 30 minute trip, with both PAX, to the male's apt where they both were going
when they got in.
4. For reasons that are not clear, the female decided not to get out with her boyfriend. The "official" trip
was ended there and the male PAX paid.
5. The female passenger asked the driver to take her to her place a couple of blocks away. Presumably,
she was looking for a freebie. She was drunk and probably real friendly.
6. The doors in the back seat where she was were either unlocked or unlockable. She could have exited at any
time.
7. She had her cell phone and could have dialed 911 at any time.
7. The place where the incident happened was across the Ashley river....about a 15 minute drive from the
boyfriend's house.
8. She willingly made that 15 minute trip without getting out or making a call or sending a text.
9. The incident was the driver getting out of the car, opening both the front and back doors and getting in
the back with her. At some point, he started giving her head. Nothing had happened through that point
that could be called rape.
10. At some point, after or while he gave her head, things turned sour. Maybe he wanted something (head)
in return or maybe he wanted to be paid something for the ride. She jumped out of the car and played the
rape card.

She will get millions from Uber and the insurance companies (including his) and the driver's life is ruined.

IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE A LEGITIMATE RAPE CASE TO ME....although the driver is obviously and idiot and unfaithful husband.

What do you guys think ? Base solely on what I told you, if you were on a jury, would you find him guilty of rape and send him to prison for 20 years.

JimS

You seem to know WAY too many details about this case. Point 4 - the male passenger paid for the trip? Umm... How?

Desperado

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You seem to know WAY too many details about this case. Point 4 - the male passenger paid for the trip? Umm... How?
Hiya Jim.....

The way I know a lot about the case is that:
1. I went to the preliminary hearing and listened to the evidence presented
2. I went to the Clerk's office, got the file (which is public) and read the affidavits.

Men are being charged all over the country with rape that did not commit rape. This is one of them.

I think what happened is that, after the driver gave her (and she willingly accepted) head .....that
he wanted head in return and, when she declined, he threw her out of the car.

That is profoundly stupid and ignorant and is probably some kind of misdemeanor offense, but it is
not rape.

The guy's life is ruined and, based just upon what I know about just this incident, I am sorry for him

Take care and good luck in Savannah

JimS

um...with the app
You don't pay when you are done with the ride. You get out of the car. The driver completes the ride (or doesn't if s/he's going to another drop off location).

You are then invoiced and your card is charged. The male doesn't pay for the trip when he gets out.

Hiya Jim.....

The way I know a lot about the case is that:
1. I went to the preliminary hearing and listened to the evidence presented
2. I went to the Clerk's office, got the file (which is public) and read the affidavits.

Men are being charged all over the country with rape that did not commit rape. This is one of them.

I think what happened is that, after the driver gave her (and she willingly accepted) head .....that he wanted head in return and, when she declined, he threw her out of the car.

That is profoundly stupid and ignorant and is probably some kind of misdemeanor offense, but it is not rape.

The guy's life is ruined and, based just upon what I know about just this incident, I am sorry for him

Take care and good luck in Savannah
Listen. Take your sudden niceties elsewhere. You've offended many here and your "jew" comments in another thread were out of line. No, I'm not Jewish, but you're a jerk.

Why are you driving for a company you hate so much?

Back to this case - I agree that this guy was stupid, but guess what? I can only pray that this guy is remorseful for taking advantage of this woman, that she can forgive, and that he has learned lessons from his behavior. Yes, there are holes in this story. Unless the victim decides she wants the case to be dropped, he'll probably plea out - maintaining a conviction. I don't think there are enough holes to convince a jury to acquit, though.

Last edited:

Desperado

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You don't pay when you are done with the ride. You get out of the car. The driver completes the ride (or doesn't if s/he's going to another drop off location).

You are then invoiced and your card is charged. The male doesn't pay for the trip when he gets out.

Listen. Take your sudden niceties elsewhere. You've offended many here and your "jew" comments in another thread were out of line. No, I'm not Jewish, but you're a jerk.

Why are you driving for a company you hate so much?

Back to this case - I agree that this guy was stupid, but guess what? I can only pray that this guy is remorseful for taking advantage of this woman, that she can forgive, and that he has learned lessons from his behavior. Yes, there are holes in this story. Unless the victim decides she wants the case to be dropped, he'll probably plea out - maintaining a conviction. I don't think there are enough holes to convince a jury to acquit, though.
I do not hate Uber. I love Uber. All I try to do, about once a week, is to accurately post information that I think might be helpful. And, many of my posts are questions.

PS. When I said that the male passenger paid for the trip, I meant (as would be obvious to most people with ordinary common sense) that the
driver charged the trip to the male, who had requested the trip, when the male exited the car. No charge was made for the part of the trip where the female was in the car alone. The driver had "signed off" when the male exited the car.

Uber_Sue

Claire

With all due respect, what makes you think the "article" you posted was correct and the information the other guy posted was incorrect.
It just doesn't make any sense that a middle school teacher with a family and no criminal history would rape someone under circumstances where he was 100% sure to get caught and prosecuted. You and I both know that many women are crying "rape" now when there was no rape. We also know that the definitions of rape are changing monthly. Anyway, JMHO

everythingsuber

You have a vulnerable passenger that you have been in a position to take advantage of. It's rape because she says it is pure and simple.