IT’S TIME TO MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD

sc00badiva

Above is the title of an email from Uber I received today, addressed to Uber partners. It recommended I contact my local MP to support the Uber cause, all in the greater good of our masters at Uber.
What a great IDEA! The email address for our local MP was all there ready loaded and waiting for me to click on.
I am afraid I just could not help myself as I proceeded to inform the honourable gent of the ugly truth as a Uber partner. Just hope he reads it.

Instyle

I would encourage all to email your member and transport member the truth about Uber accordingly whether you want it to stay around or you don't;

Insurance -

Uber encourages insurance fraud, if Uber boast about ride-sourcing being a great on the side casual gig then adequate insurance needs to be provided by the facilitator that actually has a legal recognition or alternatively ride-sourcing be recognised by the insurance council of Australia and adequate insurance products offered.

Legality -

Drivers need to free from threat of prosecution or fines and tarnished driver/criminal records. Proper terms of service or agreements between driver and Uber. None of this voluntarily indemnifying Uber from any litigation and taking on sole responsibility while Uber profit regardless.

Rates/Pay -

Capped driver numbers to eliminate congestion and excess pollution. Rates need to be sustainable and appropriate similar to taxi fares in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Predatory pricing is illegal, stop it!

Dispute Resolution -

None of this 4.6 rating cut off for too much talking not enough talking crap! Uber need to relax their control they exert on it's drivers so they can truly be independent contractors or start hiring as drivers as employees with adequate injury work cover and super paid.

Tax -

Governments and Uber encourage individuals to adhere to their taxation obligations while Uber pays ZERO tax. The Australian registered company runs at a loss while the parent is valued at $50 billion. Does this sit right with you?

What'd I miss guys?

Instyle

Another big one to mention to your local member, transport and even the state Government is to expect Uber to play dirty. If they don't get what they want, Uber will unleash the GenX and young influential GenY/Z voters and blame the party or ministers currently in parliament for stopping jobs (LOL) and stopping competition (LOL) even though the Governing body that regulates competition ACCC hasn't stepped in and spoken out against Uber's predatory pricing.

Governments, Regulators, Politicians, Authorities and Officials, I urge you all to refer to the antics surrounding UberX in San Antonio. After months f Uber saying we want regulation (sound familiar Queensland?), the city came to the table with sensible regulations for Uber to operate under and Uber blatantly said NO and cancelled all services then tells all it's passengers through the App that city is making them withdraw from the town and to vote in a ride-sourcing friendly politician or candidate if they want Uber back.

LIz Hasted

I would love a copy of that email. These Uber guys are running scared now. There is no way that Qld is going to lay down to this crap for much longer. They are unlawful.

Instyle

I would love a copy of that email. These Uber guys are running scared now. There is no way that Qld is going to lay down to this crap for much longer. They are unlawful.
They play dirty and influence politics. Current party may just look at what would keep them in government.

Instyle

People, friends, drones, minions, come one, come all!

Itching to void your insurance?
Increased or denied coverage turn you on?
Love the idea of spew in your family car?
Gaming to remove equity fast from your vehicle?
Ever fantasised you could turn $50 into $30?
Is continued and elevating servicing your wet dream?
Car interior to clean or new for your liking?
Twitching to be a rebel and stop in no stopping zones?
Got a taste for the wild side dodging transport officials?

I have the answer! See them at their shopping centre stand. Uber are campaigning so hard LOL

anOzzieUber

I have the answer! See them at their shopping centre stand. Uber are campaigning so hard LOL

Where did you spot them?

Uber seems to go though CSR's quicker than they go through drivers. I might see if I can go undercover as a wannabe Uber driver on the weekend and hit the shopping centre and ask some hairy questions to make those that Uber shove out front as representatives squirm a little bit :biggrin:

Instyle

Where did you spot them?

Uber seems to go though CSR's quicker than they go through drivers. I might see if I can go undercover as a wannabe Uber driver on the weekend and hit the shopping centre and ask some hairy questions to make those that Uber shove out front as representatives squirm a little bit :biggrin:
I tested your theory, uneducated youngsters tell you whatever you want to hear. I wish I had a recorder at the time but it wasn't anticipated that I would have the encounter. Toombul I was told.

ACA tomorrow people, lock it in and see if the story is any good

turbovator

Above is the title of an email from Uber I received today, addressed to Uber partners. It recommended I contact my local MP to support the Uber cause, all in the greater good of our masters at Uber.
What a great IDEA! The email address for our local MP was all there ready loaded and waiting for me to click on.
I am afraid I just could not help myself as I proceeded to inform the honourable gent of the ugly truth as a Uber partner. Just hope he reads it.
Uber was BORN DEAF and doesn't want or see any value in the use of a hearing aid. Über's mentality is "My way or the highway" and they really dosen't give a shit about what the drivers needs or wants are!

Last edited:

anOzzieUber

Uber was BORN DEAF and doesn't want or see any value in the use of a hearing aid. Über's mentality is it's
"My way or the highway" and they really dosen't give a shit about what the drivers needs or wants are!
You'd think that history would tell Uber that you don't shit on your biggest asset - your people. Uber's eye is on it's valuation and to hell with who they burn - buy stock in Uber when they release their IPO at your own peril - they will have burnt way too many drivers and their value could well drop rapidly.

anOzzieUber

ACA 7pm tomorrow - Uber under fire!
Just chucked a new tape in the JVC VCR to record it :smiles:

I bet it's more to do with the the various state governments and/or ATO cracking down on them than it has to do with drivers telling Uber to @@@@ off (excuse my French)

Instyle

Just chucked a new tape in the JVC VCR to record it :smiles:

I bet it's more to do with the the various state governments and/or ATO cracking down on them than it has to do with drivers telling Uber to @@@@ off (excuse my French)
Yeah they don't spill much info in the promos, probably just as much hype as Uber with info we already know.

drivindad

I would encourage all to email your member and transport member the truth about Uber accordingly whether you want it to stay around or you don't;

Insurance -

Uber encourages insurance fraud, if Uber boast about ride-sourcing being a great on the side casual gig then adequate insurance needs to be provided by the facilitator that actually has a legal recognition or alternatively ride-sourcing be recognised by the insurance council of Australia and adequate insurance products offered.

Legality -

Drivers need to free from threat of prosecution or fines and tarnished driver/criminal records. Proper terms of service or agreements between driver and Uber. None of this voluntarily indemnifying Uber from any litigation and taking on sole responsibility while Uber profit regardless.

Rates/Pay -

Capped driver numbers to eliminate congestion and excess pollution. Rates need to be sustainable and appropriate similar to taxi fares in order to maintain a safe and healthy work environment. Predatory pricing is illegal, stop it!

Dispute Resolution -

None of this 4.6 rating cut off for too much talking not enough talking crap! Uber need to relax their control they exert on it's drivers so they can truly be independent contractors or start hiring as drivers as employees with adequate injury work cover and super paid.

Tax -

Governments and Uber encourage individuals to adhere to their taxation obligations while Uber pays ZERO tax. The Australian registered company runs at a loss while the parent is valued at $50 billion. Does this sit right with you?

What'd I miss guys?
And thank you Instyle - now I have something to do in the office tomorrow, you have made some great points. My local member Fiona Richardson will be hearing from me...