Issuing Tickets for Drop offs (be careful)

Ubering

I notified this video from another thread and wanted to repost it.

You almost cannot stop anywhere to drop off / pick up.

There are sooo many Uber/lyft cars and sooo many people take ride share these days, it has become a part of the culture.

Makes me think..... Ok so WHERE should we drop off pax?? Seems like you can't stop ANYWHERE unless you pull into someone's driveway and off the streets.

This is BS. Just an excuse to issue hefty tickets. Even police officers and those damn ticket maids take Uber Im sure.

If there are no buses you are blocking or no cars coming that you are blocking traffic then we should be able to stop and drop off.

drexl_s

Red zone. You can't stop in red zone, even to drop off. Automatic ticket. Nothing new.

WorkHardPlayHard

Red zone. You can't stop in red zone, even to drop off. Automatic ticket. Nothing new.
She was asking for suggestions on where we CAN drop off passengers.

She is already aware of the red zone/bus zone/taxi zone etc, and she is running out of places to drop off passengers because double parking is also becoming really common to get a ticket even for a split second.

Parking is nonexistent during daytime, and with so many cars, there are fewer and fewer curbsides to pull over.
We will get a ticket for driving/picking up/droppings off pax on bus/taxi lanes. Dropping off passengers right at red light on the curbside? Probably another ticket.

Ubering

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ya they almost have to jump in and out the window while it's still rolling and there are almost no places to stop 'legally.'

NASCAR1991

She was asking for suggestions on where we CAN drop off passengers.

She is already aware of the red zone/bus zone/taxi zone etc, and she is running out of places to drop off passengers because double parking is also becoming really common to get a ticket even for a split second.

Parking is nonexistent during daytime, and with so many cars, there are fewer and fewer curbsides to pull over.
We will get a ticket for driving/picking up/droppings off pax on bus/taxi lanes. Dropping off passengers right at red light on the curbside? Probably another ticket.
Its a he not a she...hes faking it.

I said it many times before here. Get a bike rack that covers your plates. I had it for over a year now. Don't purposely stop at bus zones...but if i do i aint tripping

WorkHardPlayHard

Its a he not a she...hes faking it.

I said it many times before here. Get a bike rack that covers your plates. I had it for over a year now. Don't purposely stop at bus zones...but if i do i aint tripping
What do you mean faking it?

Wouldn't we get a citation and or ticket for having a bikerack that covers the license plates?
Imagine all Uber drivers with bike racks lol

Ubering

How about a device where you push a button and a black cover goes over the license plate and back up. It's toooo easy now for them to just take a pic.

NASCAR1991

What do you mean faking it?

Wouldn't we get a citation and or ticket for having a bikerack that covers the license plates?
Imagine all Uber drivers with bike racks lol
Hes faking it cuz he got a chick pic..but i remember he said somewhere hes a guy.

Well sure you can get a ticket...but shit listen here...you play dumb and say i didnt know..wasnt thinking bluh bluh.
Here is your best part....its 25 bucks....so would you like to get 40 tickets a months each one costing 280 bucks...or would you rather pay 25.
So many solutions but i noticed people who been in america for too long or all their lives like to pay fines and give all their money away. While imigrants will argue their case to death and if he looses it they will figure out how to be creative to avoid it next time.

NASCAR1991

How about a device where you push a button and a black cover goes over the license plate and back up. It's toooo easy now for them to just take a pic.
Thats a basic thought i always had. But i dont know how to pull that off. But that can get you in big trouble if they find out u got device like that. Bike rack..cant do much besides give you 25 dollar fix it

Ubering

What is $25?

When I get pulled over, cop comes to window to tell me what in the world I did wrong that endangered someone's life or give me a speech, I just use pepper spray to defend myself.

NASCAR1991

What is $25?

When I get pulled over, cop comes to window to tell me what in the world I did wrong that endangered someone's life or give me a speech, I just use pepper spray to defend myself.
25 bucks is the cost of the fix it ticket.
You fix a problem ..get it signed offf...pay 25 bucks...and put a bike rack back on...lmao

painfreepc

If they're doing this the same way they do in Hermosa Beach California,
you cannot stop the car anywhere in traffic, you cannot stop in front of a handicap Zone, you cannot stop in front of the loading zone, Hermosa Beach you can only stop your car in a normal parking space anywhere else they will run over and give you a ticket..

Ubering

So what I was getting at is Uber and ride services are sooo popular and it's everywhere / becoming part of daily life, that the law should be 'customized' and loose.

If there are no buses coming or blocking and not one in sight or you are not blocking traffic, then you SHOULD be aloud to stop for up to 10 seconds and proceed, without getting or worried about getting a ticket. Taxis do it all the time.

I'm sure even the hypricate law makers take Uber and say, please drop me off right here (traffic, illegal, etc...).

We should ask pax if they work for the govt, city hall, etc... And if they do, drop them off 2 blocks away, 'ok you can get off here it's legal to stop.'

NASCAR1991

So what I was getting at is Uber and ride services are sooo popular and it's everywhere / becoming part of daily life, that the law should be 'customized' and loose.

If there are no buses coming or blocking and not one in sight or you are not blocking traffic, then you SHOULD be aloud to stop for up to 10 seconds and proceed, without getting or worried about getting a ticket. Taxis do it all the time.

I'm sure even the hypricate law makers take Uber and say, please drop me off right here (traffic, illegal, etc...).

We should ask pax if they work for the govt, city hall, etc... And if they do, drop them off 2 blocks away, 'ok you can get off here it's legal to stop.'
Ill be haning a new sign.
Drops offs on the middle of the road...bus zones...blue..red lines...are no go. Same goes for pick ups.
So next time they trying to request you on the bus stop they might remeber my sign
If enough drivers post same...will be usefull

WorkHardPlayHard

Everyone and their mother in the Bay Area are signing up to drive for Uber in SF.
+
Everyone and their mother are using Uber as a Pax app.

= Everyone trying to drop off/pickup someone on the already busy streets of SF.

Add this on top of pedestrians/bicyclists/tour buses/taxis/buses/traffic is the reason why I drive mostly after 8pm or very early mornings.

I imagine every big city is having the same issue

Last edited:

Ubering

And don't get me started on those damn bicyclist that think they own the roads. Damn vegan hipsters!

They don't belong on the streets. In Holland and Denmark, bikes ride on the extended sidewalks (own lane) and off the streets where CARS belong.