Issues with WAZE

Judy2017

Hello! Has anyone experienced any issues when using WAZE as the navigation on UBER? Mine is now freezing and does not bring up anything when I hit "navigate". I tried rebooting, re-installing the app, etc with no luck. In addition, I made sure all the apps and my phone are updated. Have you seen this before and if so any ideas? Is this a case of Uber trying to make me use thier app?

appdriver

I had the same issues and gave up on it. It worked when I first installed it, and I liked it better than google maps, but then it started freezing up and "searching for GPS signal". I have reinstalled it several times, updated phone, etc. to no avail.

JaneBond462

I tried Waze when I first joined Uber. I found the map too busy and distracting so I switched to Google Maps. Since Google bought Waze, Google Maps/Google Drive will alert you to issues from Waze, like an accident up ahead, etc. Best of both worlds.

rideshare_driver_roc

when deleting an app, make sure that you delete the data and the cache before un-installing the app. One way to tell that this was not removed is that the app already has your information the first time you open the app after re-installing it.

Ardery

if it's an Uber Pool passenger, I just drive 6 blocks and drop them off anywhere.

"your ride's over. now get out."

ganerbangla

I used use waze but it's make me too much turn. I rather use simple route.Waze kill your background data that's why it's slow down your phone. If you have latest iPhone you should not have any problems. Waze with android phone slow down your phone

os2wiz

Hello! Has anyone experienced any issues when using WAZE as the navigation on UBER? Mine is now freezing and does not bring up anything when I hit "navigate". I tried rebooting, re-installing the app, etc with no luck. In addition, I made sure all the apps and my phone are updated. Have you seen this before and if so any ideas? Is this a case of Uber trying to make me use thier app?
The only time that happens to me is when I forget to turn wifi off. Waze can't get info from the cellular system while phone is searching for an Internet connection.

Judy2017

I had wifi off. Thank you for the suggestion, tthough. I will re-install waze and try again(fingets crossed!!)