1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Issues with new Uber navigation

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Mbillrdelo11, Dec 20, 2016.

1. is anyone having problems with the new updated navigation? Some of my riders are saying that it's taking us way out of our way for certain trips which I do agree with. I emailed uber and still haven't heard anything back.. anyone else experiencing the same issues?

2. RobertsRides

RobertsRides

Does Uber work with Google Maps?

3. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston

Uber's navigation app has some issues. Use google or waze.

4. I've been using maps on my iPhone it seems to work much better then uber.

5. RobertsRides

RobertsRides

Does Google maps come on automatically (if preset in settings) when you hit start trip???

6. Fresnouber

Fresnouber

I don't like it. I use Waze. However won't let me use waze on Pool rides.

7. unPat

unPat

If the google maps is installed on your phone it will come up .

8. I don't like Uber Maps at all. It's very late.

9. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72

Driving:
    Lyft
    Since the update a week or so ago you should be able to use Waze or google maps even on pool

10. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant

Driving:
    UberX
    I used to have an Iphone, which used an Uber map, and it didn't have a night mode for driving at night ( you have to do it manually ). I switched to Android, which allows user to configure waze or google maps, which work well, and switch to night mode automatically when the sun goes down.

11. Ghwwe72

Ghwwe72

Driving:
    Lyft
    The Uber driver app for iPhone was recently updated and allows you to use Waze or Google Maps now

12. RobertsRides

RobertsRides

Thanks for the info.

13. No. You have to set it to open a third party program, like Google Maps or Waze.

14. I much prefer a new Garmin, over using the phone for most trips. I will occasionally use Google Maps of there is a pin in a weird location, (alleys or large complxes, etc), but I find that having a actual GPS is far preferable in most cases.

15. I don't like how Google Maps is not the default. A lot of Uber drivers actually get lost and drive around and around to find people, hearing from other passengers.

The Uber Navigation System is often slow. One of my riders noticed that as I missed the freeway and had to turn around. Another young passenger I picked up who was wearing a suit on VanNess noticed my Uber Navigation basically delaying by 10 seconds and he literally leaned forward from the backseat and started holding his phone in front of me while he shouted the directions. It looked goofy but he was down with it. Felt like teamwork. He said he loves Uber, takes it everyday in SF, cheapest transportation other than a bus.

16. GoatLove

GoatLove

Driving:
    UberX
    Do not allow someone to shout in your ear. I'd smack him upside his head.

17. To be fair, he was a nice guy. He had just got in an argument with his CEO on Van Ness Avenue. He was just trying to help. Told me he loves Uber and couldn't be more thankful for my ride.

Looked exactly like this guy Maxwell, from The Young Turks. Same accent and everything. He was in a rush to get to his appointment. Came running from the building and the operator on the phone said they needed him there in 5 minutes. That's probably why he was so anxious.

[​IMG]

18. ThatUberChick

ThatUberChick

Driving:
    UberX
    lol It was probably him since you're in LA haha

I've been having pin issues lately w/ pickups. I get to the pickup address and the pax appears from 500 ft behind me almost every time.....or across the damn street.