• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Issues with McDonalds pickups

twcau

Last few weeks or so, been having issues with a number of Perth McD’s stores and wanting to see how widespread this is.

Short version: They‘ve not started to pack or make the order before you’ve arrived, because the order hasn’t been loaded onto their Point Of Sale.

Just over the previous week, I lost 50min of time at just one store because they weren’t on the ball with orders. I‘ve also noticed other drivers having issues at the same store, and I ended up having a polite word with their Duty Manager about it.

Uber_Paul83

Last few weeks or so, been having issues with a number of Perth McD’s stores and wanting to see how widespread this is.

Short version: They‘ve not started to pack or make the order before you’ve arrived, because the order hasn’t been loaded onto their Point Of Sale.

Just over the previous week, I lost 50min of time at just one store because they weren’t on the ball with orders. I‘ve also noticed other drivers having issues at the same store, and I ended up having a polite word with their Duty Manager about it.
It happens here in Adelaide too man. You get there and they still haven’t got the order ready

Sam619

Was the same in Brisbane when I used to do it. Pretty low service standards. Obviously treating the Uber eats drivers like shit
Post automatically merged:

Make sure to add your comment with a thumbs down.

Vespa

They have the food ready but they dont give it to you, I Will yell at them if they ignore me.

Board

I just cancel maccas out every time if I'm not close, like 2mins. Staff are not aloud to start the order until your there. Some do though and don't give a rat's ass. I've got free coffee from smart workers that don't give a rat's ass.
If it's busy when you rock up, just cancel. When maccas is busy, your last in line really

Sam619

Lowest service and longest wait time for me in north Brisbane has been at Toombul Maccas. 50 mins for an order. Staff do not acknowledge that they have seen you even. You automatically become last inline. Low standards hope there was a way to report this behaviour.

Immoralized

People are shocked and surprised at the work ethic of 13 year old high school students that spend more time on their phones updating post rather then making food. But then again they are on about ten bucks an hour :p

Kyanar

Lowest service and longest wait time for me in north Brisbane has been at Toombul Maccas. 50 mins for an order. Staff do not acknowledge that they have seen you even. You automatically become last inline. Low standards hope there was a way to report this behaviour.
It's ridiculous, because they're not just screwing the driver they're screwing the customer.

UberOnAu

M

McDeaths, Eat fast, Die young

Attachments

Immoralized

"
WA

In Western Australia, the employment of children is governed by the Children and Community Services Act 2004 and the School Education Act 1999, which state that the minimum age of employment is 15 years of age.

Employees who are under 15 years of age need to provide parental consent to commence work and may only work between 6am and 10pm if the work is outside of school hours.

Legislation also requires compulsory attendance at school for children up to the year they turn 17.

Employees under 17 years of age may not work during school hours."

"
WAParental/adult supervision required at 10, 11 and 12; written permission required at 13 and 14.

Exception:
  • There is no minimum age for working in a family business or in the entertainment industry.

"A child must be at least 13 years old to be employed in a shop, fast food outlet, cafe or restaurant. Employers are also required to get written permission from a child's parent and the child is not allowed to work before 6am and after 10pm or during school hours."

Last edited:

Who is John Galt?

The only 13 year olds on their phones in a McDonald’s are on the customer side of the counter.

If anyone can provide evidence of a 13 year old working in Maccas, please put your paw hand up. :smiles:

If anyone can provide evidence of just one, not all, but just one, 13 year old working at Maccas while on their ‘phone, please put two paws hands up. :smiles:

Obviously, there would be exceptions to this challenge for the Racecourse Road, Flemington Maccas in Melbourne, as they may have to take on extra staff for all the races people. :wink:

Last edited: