• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Issue with a rider

LatinDriver

Hi all
I went to pick up a riders on North Melbourne, They were a musicians or something like that the point is this:

They had a lot of staff like 3 luggage really big, one bag and 3 seats in metal and I decided not to take them anywhere because just the luggage filled all my trunk. They said that it was my obligation and that other ocasions other drivers haven't put complain (bla bla bla) and offended me in the end I took them staff out from my car and one man tried kick my car. What I have to do in case they punch me or try punch me, the men wanted to do that but I didn't show I was bit scared.
Options:
* Fight with this two guys

* call the police (and then got a fine)

P.S: First time in 10 months, ofcourse I avoid work at night for the drunk people

Cheers

LevelX

Yeah thats pretty crap.... So all their gear did or didn't fit in your car?

If it doesn't fit, then really don't know what their issue is. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit! Simple, cancel and try again for a larger car.

LatinDriver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah thats pretty crap.... So all their gear did or didn't fit in your car?

If it doesn't fit, then really don't know what their issue is. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit! Simple, cancel and try again for a larger car.
I got a larger car, they wanted to put the seats on the back seat. The seats were bit dirty and with oxide I couldn't do that for 10 dollar trip hahaha

LevelX

I got a larger car, they wanted to put the seats on the back seat. The seats were bit dirty and with oxide I couldn't do that for 10 dollar trip hahaha
Yeah its a fair call to say no to a ride if its going to cause damage. Luggage goes in the back, if it doesn't fit it doesn't fit, you're not a removalist.

I keep a few old towels in the boot for things like this and when its raining I put them down in the back foot wells to mop up the dirt/water so my mats don't wear it all. Easy to wash some towels than it is to clean the mats.

daredevil

If they had really stuff in the back seat. ..

1. It can be dangerous when you are driving... i.e. hit you on the back of the head.

2. The nature of the items can cause damage to the car and also if it's really dirty you can't work for the rest of the night if the car seats get dirty. Let them know uber will charge them 160$ for clean up costs.

I always see if the passengers have too much luggage or ask them. I've only had to reject pax once due to lot of baggage. However cancelling frequently like that will get you banned... so be careful. The system is not very favorable to drivers

UXDriver

Always judge the pickup before loading your car.

If it doesn't fit in the boot or looks like it will then cancel the trip

Too much luggage

ozrider

cant believe im saying this but report it to Uber and tell them they were abusive to the point of being physical!
You absolutely did the right thing and had every right to refuse the trip.

edit: actually now that i think about it perhaps dont report it to Uber. I can see them (uber) maybe contacting the pax and then they will most likely make up some story and Uber will most likely punish you and not the pax!

Homebrand Taxi

It is highly unlikely you will receive a fine if you report a problem to the police. I've had cops as passengers and had to report a matter to the cops without any problems. To use the old adage, they really do have better things to do with their time than issue fines to Uber drivers. There is also a cancellation option for too much luggage but if you started the trip before realising they had so much gear (it happens), there is not much you can do, Never had that problem but if Ii did, would say something along the lines of "be reasonable, guys. I can't safely take all that gear and all of you. How about making two trips?"

Hawkeye68

your right there uber dont give a ***t about you and will make you out to be the bad guy

i put a complaint in about the $30 a hour and now 3 complaints came my way because i complained to uber