1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Issue, not receiving pings! Help please

Discussion in 'New Jersey' started by Douglas, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    We all know Uber Support stinks! So I turn to you all to see if I missed a standard trouble shooting here.

I cannot get a ping...tried on the passenger app and goes to another drivers 10/15 minutes away, so it's not like the other driver was right there. This has happened to me in the past, sad thing is I spent so much time online without a ping and missed out on a lot of money (maybe).
    Troubleshooting so far: I have logged out/in, reset the phone, deleted/reinstalled app, logged in on another phone, and have requested numerious times in different locations, in fact now I'm home, the only SUV around...on the map, make the request as a passenger and it tries for over a minute and says no SUV available, with a pin on top of the SUV saying "3 minutes"

My passenger app is completely separate from my driver account.

Other previous issue: my phone doesn't always make a sound when it pings anymore, has anyone noticed that or was that just a leading factor to this, I have in iPhone 6plus and no music through the app...FYI for the main issue, my acceptance rate is 100% so I didn't miss a ping

I have contacted uber support several times and have not gotten the first nonsense response back yet, so maybe someone can help me...really need uber this time of year to help fill my down time.
    Apologizes to any driver who received a ping from me and an immediate cancel.

Uber00 likes this.
  2. AxL

AxL

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Do you see your vehicle on the rider's app?
    If yes, make sure that your Internet connection is good.
    Try another area like Jersey Shore or PA if you live close by, in PA switch to + account and regular suv account. Make sure that your vehicle is visible on the rider's app and both internet and gps are good enough.

Uber00 likes this.
  3. as stated make sure you are visible in the pax app. As to not hearing the ping could be your volume is down, thats happened to me. Not your ringer volume but music/video volume, play a song or video and make sure its turned up.

Uber00 and Douglas like this.
  4. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Tried and done...still nothing, now at home with my high speed and no vehicles in the area...I'm on the map, and says 3 minutes on passenger app, I request on passenger app...the circle goes for about 1 minute and get a notice of no cars try back again soon, as the pin returns and say "3 minutes again" that is on top of my car

5. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    That issue just started last week, I see a few threads about volume of ping with the new iOS update

6. CavieKia

CavieKia

Driving:
    UberX
    One of the canned responses is to make sure you have your Bluetooth turned off because it interferes with
    Signal.
    I have the same problem with no audio but It has been like that since day one, anytime I have it
    Plugged into AUX. The cable I purchased is aftermarket and I would need to get another
    Adapter to make it work properly. I just deal with it and watch for the visual.
    If it is of any solace, I was online on and off since 10:00 am not one ping on the Jersey Shore, not
    Even a $5.00 pool ride. NOTHING!

7. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Thanks, I am aware of the Bluetooth thing, but doesn't make sense to me, because I use my Bluetooth headset and the app all the time...I did try it with the Bluetooth off and still nothing.

Better luck at the jersey shore, I left the shore to an area where I know I can get a trip and lost out today big

8. jerseyboys

jerseyboys

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    I don't think you can make your own request. Used my other phone as pax.

tried it. Got someone 3 minutes away. I'm on iPhone too.

9. DexNex

DexNex

I had no pings today. Makes me wonder.

Ray21 likes this.
  10. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I have done it before to test and it works, but I have an old account for my passenger account...it's a separate account/email/phone number from my driver account...but to also to test since after three immediate cancellations a freeze was put on my passenger account, I used a friends account and same thing.

Another driver that close may also throw things off, but I intentionally drove away from others and requested SUV since that eliminated some of the vehicles near me and sent a ping to driver 15 minutes away...

FYI, this has happened to me before, but it fixed itself...

EDIT: when this happened in the past my vehicle didn't appear on the passenger app

I hate that after sending a message on every uber complaint form, I have yet to get one response. With so many people, working the company...sad

11. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I just thought maybe it's slow...because this time of year it is, but I should have gotten something.

Did you try the passenger app?

12. Gause22SHU

Gause22SHU

Best bet is contact twitter support requesting manager, and explain situation. I dealt with this a few weeks ago where I got zero pings for 7 hours.. incidentally the fix for me was destination filter. Got a ping on way to AC and haven't had issue since.

But just because you were closest driver and didn't get pings doesn't mean anything. I've had people order pool by mistake I confirm that's what they want, they obviously say no cancel and re order... more often than not I don't get ping... with them sitting in my car and no relationship to my account in any way

13. Poppychullo

Poppychullo

Check your Wifi settings.

Uber00 likes this.
  14. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Response from uber after several messages back and forth...is this happening to anyone else? Seems to have started after the update yesterday...I know the wording is very protective but to me it sounds like "other partners" are putting in the same complaints out there...I just wish I knew how to fix it...

I am still not able to get a ping and I'm the only vehicle in my area as of right now...

Attached Files:

15. Try deleting the app and reinstalling, you never know. I'm assuming you rebooted your phone already as that should be the first thing to try.

16. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Yes, I did that too. They have been going back and forth all night with me, so now they tell me to travel to an office...I wonder if they should compensate me for this since all are over an hour away from me...lol

Uber00 likes this.
  17. Xris Xros

Xris Xros

Stop freaking out. Enjoy the time off.

Uber00 likes this.
  18. Try using a destination filter on the driver app and request to the same destination from the pax app. That way you should have priority if everything is working properly according to Goober.

Uber00 likes this.
  19. Douglas

Douglas

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The issue is a nationwide issue...found out that it some sort of glitch and just affects random drivers, but Uber won't admit that.

I requested a car when I was only vehicle on the map, yet the request timed out after 1 minute and said no drivers available even with the my car on the map (btw, I used a friends phone and account)

SuzeCB likes this.
  20. Uber00

Uber00

Uber sends pings to new drivers first

UberYanNJ and easteuropeboy like this.