is uber's gravy train over?

run26912

1.2x in certian sections now for platinum!

i dunno about uber now.
Dayum.. that blows. I also notice it RARELY EVER SURGES now in the RED ZONE during RED ZONE HOURS... I'm talking about those that are actually in a RED ZONE AREA as its actually surging.. not seeing it surge on the driver app from 5 minutes out of the red zone. That is just used to suck in drivers. The algos play these games.

Uber really KILLED SURGE...

Gravy train turned into tumbleweeds...

Also... since riders get an 'upfront' price... and driver's get the discounted red zone surge... who knows what Uber is actually charging the PAX in surge terms.. just like UberPool.. They double triple dip while lowly driver gets screwed.. being compensated for just over a single ride even if hauling 3 poop riders..

BONG!!!

tohunt4me

Dayum.. that blows. I also notice it RARELY EVER SURGES now in the RED ZONE during RED ZONE HOURS... I'm talking about those that are actually in a RED ZONE AREA as its actually surging.. not seeing it surge on the driver app from 5 minutes out of the red zone. That is just used to suck in drivers. The algos play these games.

Uber really KILLED SURGE...

Gravy train turned into tumbleweeds...

Also... since riders get an 'upfront' price... and driver's get the discounted red zone surge... who knows what Uber is actually charging the PAX in surge terms.. just like UberPool.. They double triple dip while lowly driver gets screwed.. being compensated for just over a single ride even if hauling 3 poop riders..

BONG!!!
Uber is UNSUSTAINABLE

nutzareus

Fuber could easily end all this shenanigans and raise current rates to 2014 rates, which is 1.4x surge right now. Pax might be pissed but they should be riding the bus or train.

Zdriver19

Looks like Uber's strategy these couple months was to driver the competition (Lyft) out of business by enticing drivers to drive Uber only. If you guys are smart and want Uber surge to come back, start driving lyft only for few weeks. If enough drivers do it, Uber will get the message and increase rates.

UberMetalPunk

Been online 2 hrs 24 minutes, got 2 trips =$20. WTF?! $20 in 2 1/2 hrs?! Didn't start at the airport today either. I'm downtown Arlington now. Drove from downtown DC to here and NO PING in an hour and a half now.

Been online 2 hrs 24 minutes, got 2 trips =$20. WTF?! $20 in 2 1/2 hrs?! Didn't start at the airport today either. I'm downtown Arlington now. Drove from downtown DC to here and NO PING in an hour and a half now.
This is where the hourly guarantee becomes your best friend instead of boost! Hope your days gets better. I stopped for lunch and we'll get back out there soon.

Another Uber Driver

AUG isnt great historically
From a hacker's perspective, it never used to be the best. In fact, only the week between Christmas and New Year's was worse. These days, though, since colleges start before Labour Day and the freshmen come in the third week of August, or so, it has not been as bad as it used to be. The presence of the helicopter parents has not hurt, either.

Still, you are going to be spending more time between pings as the July fades into August. Those who like to cry about "entitled college students" will be quite happy to see them by the end of August. It is funny, but rarely did I have problems with them in the cab. I might have had one or two more problems with them in the UberX car, but the difference has not been that significant. The worst problems were trying to get them out of a dormitory and then making sure that you had the proper passenger. The students start to head out, see an open door to someone's room, stop to talk and forget about the time.