Is Uber trying to screw me on my first week? Someone help me out with the math here

Chicago-uber

4 rides for less than $3 each.

Please don't tell me that you're driving a Porsche SUV for these rates. I remember you mentioned that in another thread.

cbotnyse

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
4 rides for less than $3 each.

Please don't tell me that you're driving a Porsche SUV for these rates. I remember you mentioned that in another thread.
Indeed. Actually those rides are perfect for the incentives. Last night I got pulled to Wrigley from the loop at rush hour and it killed my plan to get 10 rides for the evening. Although it was a 40 min ride on surge so it paid ok.

I am on another 10/20/40 incentive this week, but if they don't actually pay them, why the @@@@ am I bothering?

Chicago-uber

Indeed. Actually those rides are perfect for the incentives. Last night I got pulled to Wrigley from the loop at rush hour and it killed my plan to get 10 rides for the evening. Although it was a 40 min ride on surge so it paid ok.

I am on another 10/20/40 incentive this week, but if they don't actually pay them, why the &%[email protected]!* am I bothering?
Sorry to hear that. Just keep emailing uber and maybe the real human will count how many rides you made.

pizza guy

My big problem when I see stuff like this is how often does it happen and driver doesn't even notice? Or contacts support and is told they are wrong and then gives up? At least in this situation they driver could easily document that they were right, but what about other situations like missed pings or when we log on and off? We have to take their word for it.
If other companies were to treat employees or customers (yes we are customers) like this state AG's would be all over it.
As the gig economy grows one of the things that is going to have to change is that some kind of labor board must be formed to keep an eye on this kind of thing.

Sure

Send in email after email until one gets the correct answer. Have them escalate it to someone that understands math. Don't give up.

cbotnyse

Send in email after email until one gets the correct answer. Have them escalate it to someone that understands math. Don't give up.
I'm 0 for 2 so far, unreal. I can't believe how egregious this is.

Wil_Iam_Fuber'd

Many report this same experience, myself back in the day, so my instinct is that "new" driver accounts are defaulted "off" for automatic promotions/incentives/bonus payments in order to prevent bot fraud.

A Human will (hopefully) eventually scrub your results and credit your account. If the CSR process does not resolve your issue you may need to visit the nearest driver center in person. Which is a whole 'nother joyous and hassle free guber experience in itself.

2 things to check first:
1) Can you post the URL to the guarantee offer? Gotta read the "guberspeak" fine print.
2) Go into your internet driver portal (not the app) and review your results for the days in question. Make sure it reconciles with the partner app. UberOps uses this data set and sometimes there are discrepancies.

Not sure what the "record" is for CSR email exchanges to resolve an issue, but it seems 3-4 are typical. Have they pegged your fun meter yet?

cbotnyse

Here is the fine print from the email I received....

This offer is for driver-partners who directly received this offer email from Uber on July 15th, 2016. Qualifying trips must be completed between Friday, July 15th at 12:00pm CDT and Sunday, July 17th at 11:59pm CDT within the Chicagoland area. We reserve the right to withhold or deduct payments that we determine or believe were in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of driver terms or these terms. Guarantee available for a limited time only. Terms subject to change. No opt-in required.

cbotnyse

Holy shit I just found out why...

I had the destination filter on for my last 2 rides.

"This trip was towards your destination. This destination trip will not be counted in incentives."

Lesson learned I guess. I had no idea those rides do not count. @@@@ me.

cbotnyse

I checked the app and it does say as much under the filter. That was just not on my radar after a couple hours driving and looking to catch a fare home. Expensive lesson to learn, but thank god it wasn't my 39th and 40th trip!

WestSubDriver

Holy shit I just found out why...

I had the destination filter on for my last 2 rides.

"This trip was towards your destination. This destination trip will not be counted in incentives."

Lesson learned I guess. I had no idea those rides do not count. &%[email protected]!* me.
That sucks, dude. At least you figured it out. Uber incentive rules bite again.

Mindozas

I suggest you to go for the highest incentive (40/$300) next week or for as long as you get these offers as a new driver.
I got 3 of these before they put me on boost.
Also, don't decline pools because they will let your trips stack sooner.

cbotnyse

I suggest you to go for the highest incentive (40/$300) next week or for as long as you get these offers as a new driver.
I got 3 of these before they put me on boost.
Also, don't decline pools because they will let your trips stack sooner.
i honestly wish I could but it's become a time management game for me. I have a full time job and young son at home, so I just don't have the time to get 40 rides in. But even $50-100 boost will get me to my goal.

Can you clarify what "they will let your trips stack sooner" means?

Mindozas

i honestly wish I could but it's become a time management game for me. I have a full time job and young son at home, so I just don't have the time to get 40 rides in. But even $50-100 boost will get me to my goal.

Can you clarify what "they will let your trips stack sooner" means?
Means if you shooting for 10/$50 promotion you need to complete 10 UberX trips for given time, but let's say you accept one Uber pool which gets matched up with another two pick ups, it would count as three separate trips towards your promotion. So you just made 3 trips out of 10, remaining 7.

cbotnyse

I gotta give credit to Uber, after 4 emails asking for an explanation (before I figured it out myself), I finally got a reply explaining my mistake and they went ahead and credited me the $50 bucks anyway. Lesson learned for any new driver who might read this, if you use the destination filter, those will not count towards your incentive!