• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Is Uber select worth it in Atlanta?

bjmatl20

Hey everyone, Uber Nubie here, been driving for like 4 months, I’m getting ready to upgrade my car and I saw uber select and just trying to see honestly is it really worth it? Do you get enough rides with Select to offset the cost of maintaining a luxury vehicle, premium gas and the extra insurance?

Chorch

Hey everyone, Uber Nubie here, been driving for like 4 months, I’m getting ready to upgrade my car and I saw uber select and just trying to see honestly is it really worth it? Do you get enough rides with select to offset the cost of maintaining a luxury and premium gas and the extra insurance?
Stay with normal Uber.
Nothing is worth it. Not even doing Uber. But if you are going to Uber, just stay with the basics.

R3drang3r

Hey everyone, Uber Nubie here, been driving for like 4 months, I’m getting ready to upgrade my car and I saw uber select and just trying to see honestly is it really worth it? Do you get enough rides with select to offset the cost of maintaining a luxury and premium gas and the extra insurance?
Here in Phoenix select rides are far and few in between.

itendstonight

Stay with normal Uber.
Nothing is worth it. Not even doing Uber. But if you are going to Uber, just stay with the basics.
When losing this source of income is one false accusation away from a disgruntled pax .. def not worth it to invest and spend more than bare min

bjmatl20

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here in Phoenix select rides are far and few in between.
Glad I asked I was seriously thinking about upgrading to something like a Infiniti but with the extra cost I’m like it’s probably not worth the headache

Chorch

Glad I asked I was seriously thinking about upgrading to something like a Infiniti but with the extra cost I’m like it’s probably not worth the headache
DON’T.
I made the mistake of getting a bigger car to do UberXL, and now I’m stuck with a big car doing UberX. Every 50 trips, only 1 is XL. Stupidest decision I made in my life.

I love my car though. It helps when my family needs a big car ?

Mkang14

I work in sunnyvale, bay area. The amount of select pings has decreased dramatically for me in the last 2 years. I am partime but still drive a decent amount (20 to 30 rides a week). I haven't recieved a select ping in 2 months.

Merc7186

DON’T.
I made the mistake of getting a bigger car to do UberXL, and now I’m stuck with a big car doing UberX. Every 50 trips, only 1 is XL. Stupidest decision I made in my life.

I love my car though. It helps when my family needs a big car ?
Ouch, that actually sucks. I read your statement and thought, Upgrading to XL is a smart idea.....but each market is different

Chorch

Ouch, that actually sucks. I read your statement and thought, Upgrading to XL is a smart idea.....but each market is different
Yes, its true.
I just don’t think that there are enough XL rides to make a difference. 99% of trips, no matter the market, will be X.