1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Is Uber now taking 44%

Discussion in 'Pay' started by Haines, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Marshall31797

Marshall31797 New Member

I gave a ride the other day and made 0.13 cents more than uber WTF

2. Maquis

Maquis Member

Uber takes more than 50% of my rides quite often, especially on minimum and shorter trips, which is where the drivers should get it most

jbk416 likes this.
  3. Rideshare Granny

Rideshare Granny New Member

I noticed that I am getting substantially less than half of the price charged riders. I thought I was supposed to get 75%. I receive 75% from Lyft. Think I will always take Lyft rides over uber. And uber wonders why I'm on line and not taking uber rides. DUH!!

4. Maquis

Maquis Member

I get a ping from Uber I leave the Lyft app on until I pick the rider up, hoping I get a ping from Lyft. Then I cancel the Uber.

OneRideOneVomit likes this.
  5. Gwoae

Gwoae Active Member

I do the same thing. I had a 10 min uber ping, was 2 minutes from pax and got a 3 minute lyft ping. Cancelled uber and picked up lyft.

I wonder how many people are now circling the block after dropping pax on uber since it is up front pricing. Seems like a good way to add 3 miles and still have the same end point.

6. Haines

Haines Member

You apparently don't know about the real Nazi's. Your phrasing could have been better.

neweagle likes this.
  7. It's 80 degrees in Hawaii

It's 80 degrees in Hawaii New Member

I used to drive Uber. One of my last rides was a couple of months ago. The fare was $21.00, my pay was $5.35, that's 25%, not 75%. Yes, the distance/time calculations were correct. When I inquired, Uber responded that it was a up front pricing. The fare should have been about $8-9. Then I got the same rider a couple of days later and asked about the $21 fare. I told him it was the up front pricing according to Uber. He was upset, good thing it was me he was pissed about. Well, he is switching to Lyft. I don't blame him. How many more might have the same concerns. Aloha

Haines, Taxi2Uber and OneRideOneVomit like this.
  8. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I know old post, sorry, some of that info needs to be updated

9. Maquis

Maquis Member

Apparently you don't know the real Uber.

10. autofill

autofill Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Your math is wrong. Pax paid $17.17 which include $2.15 booking fee. Minus the booking fee, $4.65 Uber service fee is 31% of the fare.

If you include booking fee, Uber's take is 40% of what pax paid.

11. Haines

Haines Member

I do. Don't trust Uber. Please let me know when and where Uber lined women and children up along the side of the road and shot them point blank while walking in. No? What about performing surgery on people without anesthesia, removing bones and inserting pieces of wood to see how they would perform. You, sir, are typical of someone who throws out words for the drama effect without realizing what you're doing. If I seriously thought Uber compared to the Nazi's, I would be an idiot for continuing to work for them.

neweagle likes this.
  12. dirtylee

dirtylee Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've seen them charge 3X rate while only trying to pay 1.3X. It can be way higher than 44% without including the booking fee.

Mista T likes this.
  13. XxFoodNowProxX

XxFoodNowProxX New Member

Or you can just actually do the math correctly in your head like anyone else that made it to 9th grade lol