Is UBER LUX coming to Vegas?

Dejay

When I signed up last month I was told by the guy at the Uber office that LUX was coming in the next few weeks. The wear on my car is too great for SELECT rates, however, I wanted try UBER out so I worked 6 hours on a Saturday night and made $150 which is laughable - so I haven't driven since. Does anyone have any inside info if LUX is coming? If not, all this sign-up with UBER to drive hoopla was a massive waste of time.

Also, just want to say thanks to everyone on here as I did get some really valuable info from the forum prior to my first night of driving.

Thanks everyone!

vegetto

It was Already coming here..there was an Outrage by select drivers. and it was setback. Don't count on it. Probaly be Pushed again by the select community. Go to LA Lux is there an operation in coexistence with select

SLAV4UBER

Most of the Select cars now wouldn't cut the LUX roster, even the luxury ones currently eligible for select So I don't see them cutting Select for Lux, without major backlash like before. I do think LUX can be alongside Select..

UberDude2

Even though my car was on the approved list for the Lux SUV category I still wouldn't want it. Folks from other towns that have a separate Lux platform know it's not an option. Too expensive.
If they kept select and added Lux I'd be all for it however I'm positive most business would come from select and not Lux.

usnftc

Even though my car was on the approved list for the Lux SUV category I still wouldn't want it. Folks from other towns that have a separate Lux platform know it's not an option. Too expensive.
If they kept select and added Lux I'd be all for it however I'm positive most business would come from select and not Lux.
When Vegas was scheduled to eliminate Select and bring on Lux last month, the rates did not change. Only Lux SUV had a higher rate. I think Uber needs to streamline the Select lineup and add the Lux option. Las Vegas needs the Lux SUV option to compete with the Limos.

Dejay

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, thanks everyone for your responses. Ill continue to keep an eye out. Not sure why they can't just add LUX and keep SELECT, then everyone wins.

UberDude2

When Vegas was scheduled to eliminate Select and bring on Lux last month, the rates did not change. Only Lux SUV had a higher rate. I think Uber needs to streamline the Select lineup and add the Lux option. Las Vegas needs the Lux SUV option to compete with the Limos.
Like we discussed before, most people don't know how to find the rates for each platform. I think the perception that Lux would be too expensive is a real possibility because in other cities Lux is at the top of the food chain and untouchable to most even the business class.
I agree a Lux category could be added but would be a mistake if combined with Select.

usnftc

Like we discussed before, most people don't know how to find the rates for each platform. I think the perception that Lux would be too expensive is a real possibility because in other cities Lux is at the top of the food chain and untouchable to most even the business class.
I agree a Lux category could be added but would be a mistake if combined with Select.
It seems to work okay in LA. I don't think Uber could eliminate Select here due to so many drivers would not qualify for Lux as proposed by Uber. I think it takes a while for people to adjust to new products. I can see a demand here in Vegas for LuxSUV once pax is familiar with the product and rate. This is where Uber is weak in promoting their various options. They seem to only promote the low cost option of UberX.

UberDude2

It seems to work okay in LA. I don't think Uber could eliminate Select here due to so many drivers would not qualify for Lux as proposed by Uber. I think it takes a while for people to adjust to new products. I can see a demand here in Vegas for LuxSUV once pax is familiar with the product and rate. This is where Uber is weak in promoting their various options. They seem to only promote the low cost option of UberX.
I agree SUV would work here because of the big groups of people that come here but LUX by itself doesn't stand a chance. What you'll see is LUX drivers opting into lower platforms just to get some work. Just like in LA.

Last edited:

Uber Steve LV

They can not compete with the limos. Select is good enough to compete with the SUV, Uber will never compete with the limos, the only appealing thing about limos is the fact that they can take over 7 people and up to 16 with out being recatogorized as a bus. Uber can only take 6 passengers max plus 1 driver, after that, you need a CDL. So all you XL taking more than 7 pas., you are risking Uber not covering you in an accident, and getting a fat ticket for operating without the proper licensing. Just letting you know.

BigHarryLV

What I have read about LUX in other markets is that it would require TCP permits and full commercial Insurance...right? or will it be different in Vegas? I can understand that would decimate the select driver pool from switching over if Uber decides to implement that platform and kill off Select.

usnftc

They can not compete with the limos. Select is good enough to compete with the SUV, Uber will never compete with the limos, the only appealing thing about limos is the fact that they can take over 7 people and up to 16 with out being recatogorized as a bus. Uber can only take 6 passengers max plus 1 driver, after that, you need a CDL. So all you XL taking more than 7 pas., you are risking Uber not covering you in an accident, and getting a fat ticket for operating without the proper licensing. Just letting you know.
The problem is the pax cannot order a LuxSUV in Las Vegas. When they order a Select, they will usually get a 5 pax sedan rather than a SUV. These are the people who don't want to ride in a xl minivan but a luxury 7 pax SUV.

Uber Steve LV

The problem is the pax cannot order a LuxSUV in Las Vegas. When they order a Select, they will usually get a 5 pax sedan rather than a SUV. These are the people who don't want to ride in a xl minivan but a luxury 7 pax SUV.
No such thing as 7 pax on Uber. Not allowed. 7 pax plus driver=8. Need CDL. Look at XL on rider app. Max Size 6 passengers
image.png
If you have more than 6, Uber insurance will probably find the excuse to not cover you. If someone chooses Select and has more than 4 less than 6, I will transport at Select because it's $0.75/mile more and they got lucky that a SUV showed up. As far as Lux and LuxSUV, no CPCN license as they would still be on demand and not able to prearrange rides.

Farman vegas

On the Lyft blog this morning they are launching a higher end product called Lyft Premier it will start in the Bay Area, Los Angeles and New York City.

Lyft says that 60 percent of its riders have requested an option like Uber Black.

Lyft had 90 million rides in 2015 and plans for 205 million trips this year.

It would appear that the Las Vegas marketplace should have Premier platform in the very near future.

Lyft users will get 20 percent off their first ten Premier trips.

Premier will cost 2X premium over traditional service and rides in the first three marketplaces.

This year Lyft expects to spend $200 million dollars on customer and driver acquisitions and with gross sales in excess of $2.7 billion dollars.

It is time for the LUX SUV product from Uber in Las Vegas.

Last edited:

usnftc

On the Lyft blog is morning they launching a higher end product called Lyft Premier it will start in the Bay Area, Los Angeles and New York City.

Lyft says that 60 percent of its riders have requested an option like Uber Black.

Lyft had 90 million rides in 2015 and plans for 205 million trips this year.

It would appear Las Vegas marketplace should have Premier platform in the very near future.

Lyft users will get 20 percent off their first ten Premier trips.

Premier will cost 2X premium over traditional service and rides in the first three marketplaces.

This year Lyft expects to spend $200 million dollars on customer and driver acquisitions and with gross sales in excess of $2.7 billion dollars.

It is time for the LUX SUV product from Uber in Las Vegas.
It's about time. I have emailed Lyft on numerous occasions to get a luxury service like Select on their platform to compete with Uber. Very good news! It can't get here fast enough in Las Vegas.

Last edited:

Goodfella Bugsy

I actually was somewhat glad Select almost got killed off when I've had several passengers tell me Acura's, Hyundai Genesis, and various other low end poor excuse vehicles that I can't even consider high end show up under the Select platform. It would have left the higher end fares for the drivers who actually have the higher end cars to fulfill those needs. I ordered a Select from the airport last week and some Nissan Infiniti popped up, I cancelled that shit immediately and re-requested...got a Mercedes and that dude also got a nice tip. It pisses me off that Uber even allows these low end cars to be on Select.