• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

is Uber in Canada finished? So many cities have banned it

I just read that Calgary put a ban on Uber and Edmonton is next. Also this morning read somewhere that in Ontario city of London, Kitchener,Waterloo have put a temporary ban on Uber. Do you think GTA is going to be next?

Myxx

I just read that Calgary put a ban on Uber and Edmonton is next. Also this morning read somewhere that in Ontario city of London, Kitchener,Waterloo have put a temporary ban on Uber. Do you think GTA is going to be next?
Please put up links to support your statements. once you park your dilapidated POS blue and white Taxi. http://www.blueandwhitetaxi.ca/index.php

Last edited:

Actionjax

The answer is no. The Calgary ban was a sucsess for the city but Uber will come back after they have legislation in place. Most cities want Uber to stop while they take their time playing catch up. But Uber is not going anywhere in the long term.

PoorBasterd

If Über dies, it won't be because of any cities banning it but, rather, by the way Travis is mismanaging it. If Über's investors push Travis out and put in a professional manager in his place, then Über and it's drivers will actually thrive.

MeekloBraca

"I just read that Calgary put a ban on Uber and Edmonton is next."

How do you figure this? A simple google search and 5 minutes of reading would tell you Edmonton is bending over backwards to not ban it.

kwzombie

Big spate of news for Waterloo and the angry cabbies. The Region and Police do not seem interested in enforcement beyond parking infractions and regular traffic laws... I can somewhat sympathize with the cabbies because they are mostly good folks, but there is no point in banning it at this point with regulation right around the corner, and the Region appears to understand this and being pragmatic. Students and a lot of the public would freak. Only people who don't like Uber are the cabbies for obvious reasons.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was just wondering how is the Uber business in Waterloo Region? are any of you guys doing it more then 20 hours a week?

kwzombie

I know some drivers that are, but myself I barely drive. It's minimum wage after all deductions.