Is Uber imposing Uberpool on riders?

InvisibleUberMan

Is Uber shoving Uberpool down the rider’s throat? The other day I had a pickup at Powell Street hotel who was going to SFO. He was pissed off that he was already late and he did not want to take the pool. However he had no other option other than Uberpool. At the end of the trip, he said had he known that it was going to take that long, he would have “taken a regular Taxi”. Hey Uber listen. If any time if a rider is saying he would rather have taken a taxi, you are doing something really really really wrong. Please do not shove the Uberpool down riders throat because it is advantageous to you. Even though the other Rider who was going to South San Francisco did not say anything, she seemed pissed off too. Both seemed like business travelers and had a reason to take Uberpool.

dnlbaboof

ive never heard of it being the only option, its the default option and the whiny cheapos select it then whine when it takes twice as long,but i doubt theyd ever make it the only option, it must be some glitch or something

ChortlingCrison

"Is Uber shoving Uberpool down the rider’s throat?" This I believe to be true. Imposing is too kind of a word to describe it. But I think a lot of riders want to ride pool with the discounted prices, but pretend to be suprised when the driver has to pick up another pax. I have very little sympathy for rider that do this. If the rider wants to save money take the fluckin bus.

I edited symphony to sympathy. Although the uber adventures are kind of like a symphony, (where most of the orchestra is out of tune).

Transportador

It is never the only option. What it does is even if you are trying to order UberX, it will default to Pool first. It shows you both Pool and X prices next to each other. You have to manually switch to X. Most people just don't realize this and accept the default which is Pool. It is really annoying and bad bad bad. Uber is crazy and ridiculous as always!

NASCAR1991

L
ive never heard of it being the only option, its the default option and the whiny cheapos select it then whine when it takes twice as long,but i doubt theyd ever make it the only option, it must be some glitch or something
Its not even default. Its where you left you scroll screen last time
Or which ever u used last time.
Its their problem you all use pool all the time and the app opens at uber pool.

RedoBeach

L

Its not even default. Its where you left you scroll screen last time
Or which ever u used last time.
Its their problem you all use pool all the time and the app opens at uber pool.
I've actually taken the time to show people how to slide over to Uber X to select a ride while I'm sitting at a stoplight. They need instructions.

ChortlingCrison

Obviously, that is done by design. Looks like it requires a "work around" to order just a regular uber.

BTW: Doesn't uberpool contradict their most infamous buzz phrase. "uber is everyones """private driver"""". It has that same logic as "the customer is always right".

Transportador

Then on the reverse, I had a rider on Select from Los Altos to SFO yesterday because he couldn't figure out how to choose X. the default was in my favor. It was awesome :-)

manuella

Yes sometimes Pool is the only option , couldn't tell you if it's a ploy to maximize the drivers online.

Sometimes it also defaults to select for a bunch people

Transportador

Yes sometimes Pool is the only option , couldn't tell you if it's a ploy to maximize the drivers online.

Sometimes it also defaults to select for a bunch people
Haha, yes I think if you live in Los Altos then Uber defaults to Select. If you live in the hood projects then it defaults to Pool. If you are at SFO at 2 AM it should default to Select with a 1.5X surge. I'm sure Travis and his people have thought of this...

dreterk

Passangers need to choose 1 or 2 riders. And they don't know ? Uber is imposing them pool ? Seems some riders are faking it

Transportador

I had three different pax complain to me that pool was the only option last week ...
It never is the only option. It is only the option that they can see. The system will try to force Pool at busy commute time, busy airport time, and even late at night bar time. But you can always switch to X. They just don't know how, or chose not to wait longer for an X ride.

Gibman73

I've noticed a decline overall in pool requests. As with many pax I think, that will be that pax last pool request. Pool wasn't his only option but yes this is all UBER as I can easily see when you're in a hurry and running late in haste the app would look like pool is all you get. I think the in car passenger should see additional pool requests as well as the driver and bill the pax at the X rate if they later opt out of requests.

I've learned a few things about Pool, I've had a couple tricky experiences. Firstly, never pick up a single pax pool person when they've requested pax+1, they're trying to scam and stack odds in their favor towards an empty car bargain. Second I noticed UBER do something in my favor, and theirs of course one late night . I literally picked up a pool pax at Guererro and Duboce going to Berkeley, all I had to do was turn right and the freeway on ramp would be straight ahead, the gps though routed me up to Haight and back to the freeway so I took it and sure enough about 2 minutes later got a 2nd ping in the neighborhood going to the east bay.

Uberdancer

...I literally picked up a pool pax at Guererro and Duboce going to Berkeley, all I had to do was turn right and the freeway on ramp would be straight ahead, the gps though routed me up to Haight and back to the freeway so I took it and sure enough about 2 minutes later got a 2nd ping in the neighborhood going to the east bay.
Hah!!! Sounds like Uber learned a lesson from the surge-only tough talkin' mucho macho super duper Uber drivin' ... du-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hu-hudes ...