Is Uber hiding tip function again?

Showa50

00.0 tips last week. Every week since tip feature was added I've gotten something.

Not last week though, goose eggs.

LoveBC

There are 4 ways for pax to tip.

Via Email Receipt: sent to them as soon as you “End Trip”

By Rating in App: if app is open when trip ends they are prompted to rate and tip

By going into Trip History

Cash

I have taken a trip as a rider and I can testify that Uber isn’t trying to hide it, your riders just don’t want to.

I went from August 31st until a few days before Thanksgiving with tips everyday and then a dry spell of stiffs.

Now on Black where lack of tips doesn’t hurt as much I’ve gotten 3 tips out of 23 trips. My guess that many black riders are long time users from the “Tip is Included” era.

Booberx

No cash tip = no 5 stars

I do feel bad when I get a surprise in-app tip later on since there's no way to change it due to the clowns at fuber

UberLaLa

No cash tip = no 5 stars

I do feel bad when I get a surprise in-app tip later on since there's no way to change it due to the clowns at fuber
You are discouraging passengers that do tip in-app, then. Maybe that's why people are tipping less, now.

I never carry cash. But I tip in-app when I use Uber. First time I get a low rating after tipping in-app...last time I tip.

Booberx

You are discouraging passengers that do tip in-app, then. Maybe that's why people are tipping less, now.

I never carry cash. But I tip in-app when I use Uber. First time I get a low rating after tipping in-app...last time I tip.
Not my fault. I would have changed all their scores to 5's if I could. I always tip in cash when I ride. 4.98 pax rating. I get what you're saying though. Btw their new rating doesn't show up for days

Next Stop

“You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.” For sure! But maybe leading them to water gets more to drink.

I recently tried a different angle and researched my ratings % :
Aug thru mid-Nov only about 25-35% of pax even rated me. Working on the premise that if they don’t bother rating they have less chance of tipping in app, I end most rides politely mentioning that most riders have not been leaving me a rating in the last few months and let them know I’d appreciate their feedback.
My percentage of in app tips has increased. It could be due to the holidays, but based upon other posts in this thread, maybe not.

RogerJS

I guess we Got what we asked for , in app tipping. I was making about 75% more before it was changed.
Pax “forget “ very quickly to tip once they leave the car .

lvesq1906

Working for me. Just had a career best 4 ride tip streak ended by some chicks I took from my apartment complex to Playa del Rey. Smh.

C0BC1B1C-62D6-4709-BBD5-2C15220647D2.jpeg

Drivincrazy

I'm driving LV. I know LA area cuz I'm from nearby Lancaster. I know your traffic is worse than LV traffic...but, my average ride, with tips, U&L, is a about $8 and change. Most rides are about 1 to 3 miles. I don't know which one is worse to drive in. SMH.